• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurdwara Attendees: Pick Your Group ! SATIRE

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
A good piece of satirical writing i picked up on another Forum to share with readers here.

20 Types of Gurdwara-Goers

The following is a list of twenty observable categories of Sikhs who come to Gurdwara. This list is constructed on the basis of personal observation and the categories are by no means exhaustive. Nor are they mutually exclusive. Check and see which category (ies) applies.

The Social Geeks: These are people who are socially dull, meaning that from Monday morning to Saturday night they have no social life. So the Gurdwara is their social life. They spend three to four hours in the Gurdwara and spend it on saying hello to everybody. They find out how well and badly everybody is doing. They tell people about themselves, their kids, their pets, their sicknesses, their neighbors, their movies, their vacuum cleaners, their plants and the condition of their mother-in law. They tell people what they think of the weather here, in Malaysia and in Punjab. By the time they find out that people really don't want to know all these, it’s time for them to have langgar and go home and wait for next Sunday.

The People Watchers: These are folks who think that the Gurdwara is a 3-D cinema hall where a real life movie is being played out for them. In the langgar hall and the Darbar, they invest time and energy in discovering the best seating spots from which they can watch, observe, analyze and make detailed mental notes of who comes, who walks at what speed, who bows with the left hand touching down first, who sits with the right knee up, who needs to lose a few pounds, who wore the same clothes from last month, who drinks more water than he eats, who licks his fingers after Degh and many other such important details. For these folks, their spot is a closely guarded secret; so don't be surprised if they come early to claim it. For them the movie is only paused after they have packed their langgar to take home.

The Fashion Models: In every Culture and Civilization there is always a group of people who feel God created them for the whole world to look at. They are show offs who come to Gurdwara with the latest fashions; unsavory accessories, cell phones, bags, shoes, wallets, CD players and what have you. They walk about excessively and do all sorts of thing such as dialing imaginary numbers on their cell phones to draw attention to them. Some program their cell phones to ring in the Gurdwara at regular intervals to indicate they are important people. By the time they realize no one really cares, its time to think of what else to show off the following Sunday.

The Famine Victims: One look at these people and you think they have just come back from famine starved Somalia. There are three sub categories of this type: The Breakfast grabbers, the Lunch gobblers and the Breakfast and Lunch Hoarders. They survive on tap water and gum from Monday morning to Saturday night and rush to Gurdwara in their pajamas to have their first decent Breakfast for the week. Some go back to bed after that. Some go to work - after pretending to sit around for five more minutes after the meal. They want to show that they did not just come for the food. Some go lean on the Gurdwara walls upstairs, pretending to memorize the Paath, till its time for langgar. As for The Lunch Gobblers - they are too weak to wake up for Breakfast, so they come 7 minutes before lunch is to be served. Tell tale signs of these people - they park their cars nearest to the front door - blocking everyone. They are too weak from hunger to park further and walk. Some block the neighbor's front door. All doors look alike when you are starving.

The Yearly Visitors: These are people who believe that Gurdwaras are buried under snow and mud 364 days and open only on Vesakhi day. So they hibernate 364 days and take up on Vesakhi day. Some wake up on the wrong day. They come to Gurdwara one Sunday before Vesakhi or one Sunday after. Some come on the Weekday that April 13 is and get very upset that the celebration day is not the weekday but the nearest Sunday. They phone the Gurdwara at 12.00 noon on Vesakhi day and ask for directions. Once in the Gurdwara they ask for directions to the langgar hall and the bathrooms after that. Then they walk over to just about anyone wearing the Bana and ask if there is Degh left. Then they ask the Granthi the exact date for next year's Vesakhi. They want to make sure they hibernate for the right period. Then they ask what else is being distributed. Unfortunately this year, they get to read this about themselves. Their cell phones ring to the hibernated Hindi song "Aiye bethey khaey peeay khiskey."

The Gossip Mongrels: There are people who would whither and die if someone exterminated gossip. Gossip is the main chemical component of their DNA. So they come to the Gurdwara to energize themselves with Oscar Award Winning gossip. They sit in pairs in comers, constantly pat each other on their backs, are deeply engrossed in their gossip but manage a wide smile to anyone who passes by. Their slogan: G stands for Gurdwara. G stands for Gossip. My slogan: G stands for Garbage - let’s sweep gossip out of the Gurdwara.

The Business Dealer: There are two types: The Bad and the Fake. The Bad ones keep hustling the committee with their ideas on how to raise money for the Gurdwara. Their ideas almost always involve the selling of some product or service they deal in. The catch is simple: get the Gurdwara to sell a useless product for them at five times the price to the sangat. The Gurdwara can keep one tenth of the profit. The Fake ones have no such ideas. They just walk around with their cell phones ringing incessantly to fool everyone into believing that Bill Gates is calling them and they are too busy to take the call.

The Matlabees: These are people who belong to some group or organization (not a Gurdwara). One week before their organization is supposed to organize a function - a fund drive, a crowd requiring activity or a donation wanting event - they turn up in full force all ready with fliers, posters and rehe{censored}d speeches, masquerading as loyal and committed members of the Sangat. You immediately recognize them because you saw the same group exactly one year ago and wondered what happened to them after that. Well, they are back, yearly. Now they want the entire Gurdwara Diwan to come to a screeching halt to accommodate their requests. They want to stand up on stage and make speeches about their event. They want to distribute their fliers to every single individual including any unborn children. They want the Gurdwara Notice Board filled with their fliers. They want the committee to organize buses to ferry the Sangat to their event. They want all members of the Sangat present to heed their call and turn up for their event. It's a pity they don't stay long enough to see their fliers ending up in the Gurdwara garbage cans.

The Do Nothing Folks: Some people are just born dull through no fault of theirs. These people come, sit around, look around, smile around, walk around and go back. They don't respond to any messages and any requests to help out. They are in a state of mental fatigue compounded by muscle paralysis. Some are just brain dead. They don't pick up a tissue, they don't shut a dripping tap, don't flush the toilet, don't put their shoes on the racks, and don't empty their cups before putting them in the garbage. They believe the Gurdwara is maintained by the same people who clean the White House, so they have to do nothing.

The Granthi Hustlers: This is a peculiar category. God Bless them. They listen to the Kirten and Katha and the Stage Secretary and the Hukamnama reader with great scrutiny, taking notes of grammatical errors, slips of the tongue, his/her hand movements, what was left out and other mistakes. They walk up to their target and start of with the statement "today you did fantastic, I enjoyed it so very much." What they mean by fantastic is that they were able to catch the one mistake to comment on. And they enjoyed it so much because the target presented them with an opportunity to show that they know better. Their modus is simple: they begin with a question, and then go on to provide a 45-minute lecture type answer themselves. The objective is to show they know more than you. Advice to Granthis, Kirtenias, and Stage Secretary: Fake a diarrhea attack when these people walk up to you. If you don't, then be ready for their verbal diarrhea.

The Control Fiddlers: A group of people who think they have great fingers and that fiddling with air-con/Ceiling Fan controls, switches,Sound System controls, taps, carpet threads, toilet flush handles and toilet paper is their objective in life. They must turn something, unscrew something, and turn off what is switched on , adjust the microphone vilume...and vice-versa.

The "This Should Be" Folks: These are people who have alternative ideas for everything from the color of the walls to the composition of oxygen in the kitchen air. They stop sewadars and say "you know, this sink should be there, this door should open the other way, that door should not open at all, there should be a door here, this switch should be an inch higher, that plug an inch lower, this wall should be a brighter color, these curtains should be of darker color, these tiles should be bigger, these staircase should be wider, that corridor narrower, the ceiling should be higher and so on. Sewadars have varying levels of patience with these people. The most patient will say, "Oh, I was thinking exactly what you are thinking," and walk off. The less patient one will say, "Why don't you move the sink, widen the staircase, move the ceiling up ... you get the message. The least patient will say, "These people should be ... You fill in the blanks.

The "I'm Free Next Week: "These are people who put up a big façade about wanting to help out and do something. They stand around Sewadars who are doing something; make very concerned suggestions about how to do it better. All these with both hands in their pockets. When the Sewadars make the mistake of asking for their help, they respond most enthusiastically and animatedly (with hands still in their pockets, nevertheless), "Oh I am off next Tuesday," or "I have a free day on Wednesday," or "I wont have to pick up my daughter next Thursday" or "I'm going to pass by Gurdwara next Friday." Sometimes they make their brainless excuses a little more alive, such as "Next Saturday I'm going to BJ’s and I'll buy the right kind of scrub to get rid of that stain," or "next Monday, my cousin is coming from Amreekaa and I'll ask him to bring a new broom they invented that picks up even more dirt."

The Wall Supporters: People who believe the Gurdwara's walls need support and they are ready to provide it. They believe if they don't lean on the walls, the walls will, over time start to sag, or worse just drop down. They also believe the paint on the walls, if it rubs on to them while leaning against it, will help cure their innate laze. The whole Darbar may be empty but they will not sit in the center, rushing to the walls instead. Wall, Wall in the Gurdwara, Who is the laziest of them all?

The Free Heat Therapy Seekers: People who think sitting while sitting directly in front of the air con vent will ensure only their neighbors get backaches, muscle pains and joint pains. They further believe if they took some "cold air" home from the Gurdwara, the air con bills in their
house will come down by at least 30 percent. So they hog the air cons/fans trying to absorb as much "COLD" to take home as possible. Their logic: if people can take home Degh, langgar, samosas, pakoras, barfee etc, why can’t they take home free COLD air?

The Car Park Admirers: These are people who think the real beauty of the Gurdwara is in the car park. They get their peace and comfort by hanging on in the car park, looking at other people's wheels and memorizing their registration plates. Their major complaint: Why don't you serve deg and langgar in the car park? That way we won’t have to come into the Gurdwara at all. Their minor complaint: Let’s put a speaker in the Car Park so we can know when Degh is being served.

The Instant Converts: They turn out from just about nowhere and on their first visit after months or years appear to be the most excited people in the universe. They are terribly impressed by the Gurdwara program and want everyone to know about that. They want to be part of all that they witnessed and experienced. They want to enroll in Kirten classes. They want to enroll in the Tabla Classes. They want to be in the Punjabi Class. They want to participate in the Akhand Paath. They want to do Sewa. They want to help. They want to lead. They want to contribute. They bug the Secretary, the President, the Granthi, the Treasurer and every other sewadar by declaring, "Give me something to do. I want to get involved. I want to do something. I want to do everything." The only thing they don't want to do is come back next week or the week after that because by then they would have converted to something else. That is why they are called the instant converts.

The Idiotic: They come to the Gurdwara to protest their coming there. They go there to prove to themselves that it is not worth going. So they come in protest, sit in protest; in short they do everything in protest (except eat langgar, regarding which they have no protest as yet). They protest in the bathrooms by not flushing the toilets. They protest the shoe area by yanking off and chucking their shoes randomly. They protest the sewa by not getting out of the way. They protest the Kirten, Katha, Ardas and Hukamnama by sitting in the langgar hall and reading a magazine or counting the knots in the carpet they sit on. To show the seriousness of their protest they read the same rotten magazine every Sunday and count the same knots. They are labeled idiots because that is what you would call someone who went to cinema and listened to his own rotten CDs while the movie was running. The very idiotic even form a group; discussing the rotten magazine and the carpet knots downstairs while Kirten and Katha is going on upstairs.

The Dyslexics: People who have trouble reading notices and clocks. If the notice says Diwan starts at 10.45 am and ends at 1.30pm, they come at 1.35 pm. When asked about the root causes of their dyslexia, they respond, "Oh, we come to Gurdwara to Matha Tek. Everything else, we are not interested." When told that at 1.35 pm they can only "Matha Tek" to a slab of granite that is the Palkee because the Guru is then in Sukhasan State in some other room, they respond "Oh the Guru is everywhere" When asked if so, then why not Matha Tek at home, the response is "Oh, but the langgar is not everywhere." See what dyslexia can do to your brains?

The "I got to go" Folks: These are people who rush into the Gurdwara, talk with a raised voice, move hurriedly form person to person saying "Susrikal" and immediately adding "I got to go, " They mean to tell us they are terribly important people, they have a life to live, a business to run, things to do etc and the rest are people with all the free time in the world who have no where to go and nothing to do but waste time in a Gurdwara. But some people don't get their message as it is intended. They read "I got to go" differently and start pointing to the toilets." Maybe they want to flush these "I got to go" people down you know where.

And finally, the Normal: These are the simple folk who come to Gurdwara to pray, to learn something, to do Darshan of the Guru and His Sangat, to do some sewa, to listen to the Guru's Kirten and his messages. They help out because they consider the Gurdwara their own. They contribute something for the same reason. They are punctual and regular. They inspire others who are doing sewa. The Gurdwara is their spiritual life. They don't bother with the gossip, the fashion, the show offs etc. They know they are coming after a week and they want every second to count. They don't want to commit any follies in the Gurdwara. They sit straight with full concentration; listen to the Kirten, Katha, Ardas and hukum attentively. They respect everyone and get respect themselves. They don't care what others think of them and don't waste time thinking of others. They don't ask what the Gurdwara can do for them, but what they can do for the Gurdwara. They don't care if there are very few people in this category. All they care is what the Guru thinks of them."

Posted by: Jarnail Singh

Amerikaur

SPNer
Feb 19, 2005
America
Such a shame that this is being passed around the internet as a joke, as it was not a joke when it was written.

If we could all concentrate on getting rid of our own 5 thieves...our panth would be so much stronger.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
we cannot "hide our head" under the carpet and hope this will go away.

This is a list of our weakness...a true picture of what ails our society today and off hand i can see that this is not a JOKE..but stark reality.

Jarnail singh

Amerikaur

SPNer
Feb 19, 2005
America
Yes...and what ails our society even more are the people that don't have the discipline and don't have the values and don't have the darshan to even SHOW UP at a gurdwara!

How Ironic is it that in the Articles section, Khoji ji has posted "Thirty things to inspire yourself and others" written by Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa of Sikhnet.
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/showthread.php?t=4109

Yet, has that story been posted to a bunch of Sikh websites in the last 48 hours?

Why is it that stories that show ways that you can improve your gurdwara, ways you can benefit the Sikh community, ways you can make a difference among those you know...somehow don't seem to get any attention?

But make a post that makes fun of the people that actually GO to gurdwara...and it's applauded? Why are we so eager to make fun of our very own sangat? Are they not our aunts and uncles, veers and bhains, betahs and betais?

If a Sikh decided to make a 20-bullet diatribe about the things he dislikes about his family, would we be praising him (or her)? Would we be circulating it around the web? Last time I checked, Sikh Youth sites don't have threads where one can say 20 things they hate about their parents.

If it is unacceptable to refer to one's family that way, then why is it acceptable to refer to one's Sikh family in that way?

Would you still be laughing if I told you that the post was the opinion of a mona Gurdwara executive that wrote it to make fun of the Keshdhari members of his sangat? Or if it was written by a RSS militant?

Go ahead, laugh all you like. But this is my family you are talking about. No, my family is not perfect. I'm not perfect. I'm not even a very good Sikh. But I don't like it when people make fun of my family. I love them. I don't agree with everything they do, but they are still important to me. And I don't like it when someone disrespects them.

I will fully admit that there are many better Sikhs out there in this world than me. Maybe I'm ignorant and stupid, but I think my kirpan is to remind me to fight injustice. And I won't let any injustice be done to my family, so I am planning to fight it.

Will you join me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2004
UK
My opinion: I agree with this, most Sikhs today seem too stuck in their Punjabi cultural circle to remember the true teachings of Sikhism. The Gurdwara has become a Punjabi cultural centre and it's up to Sikhs to claim it back and let everyone [even non Sikhs] know that the Gurdwara is for all.
Even though these narrow minded people are in the majority the true devoted Sikhs are strong enough to fight it.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Amerikaur has raised a very prominent concern about non-circulation of positive ways which have more of a learning and growing perspective. And as I mentioned before, even if one takes a single step instead of those 30, there is huge potential of a wonderful change. Only if give attention to this.

Also Amerikaur ji, I understand your viewpoint of Ninda of own sangat or family. Please dont consider this post as a defensive for Gyani ji. From where I understand Gyani ji wanted to bring the current reality of Punjabi dominated Gurudwaras in/outside India, based on which these observations are compiled. Kind of analysis it is, an opportunity to grow up by self-introspection.

Bhull Chukk Maaf ji.

Amerikaur

SPNer
Feb 19, 2005
America
Arvind ji,

I understand that it can be seen as an opportunity for growth.

However, something that happened at a gurdwara where a dear friend of mine worships is the reason why I'm crying more than laughing at something like this.

My friend's gurdwara is currently in an ugly, ego-mad power struggle that may ultimately end up closing or bankrupting the gurdwara. The "egos" on both sides have been doing ninda to their own sangat memebers as a way to divide them in camps.

One of the egoists involved has openly claimed that he wrote the "20 types" as a way to show how stupid and uneducated some of the people (naturally, the ones in the "other" camp) truly are.

Now...I can't prove that this particular egoist wrote the piece. But this whole mess that is going on at my friend's gurdwara makes me be very skeptical about the reaasons why some people write these things.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Not sure, but I gather from other pieces that this piece is written by a Granthi ji at Boston Gurudwara. I may be wrong, as it is just a guess.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh.

Hiding our weaknesses or sweeping things under the carpet has never helped anybody.... for a short time, it may look like "damage control"..but like termites, the weaknesses keep on eating our insides until the entire edifice collapses over our heads.

This piece is written by a SOLID GURSIKH, who is well versed in Gurbani, is an excellent Kathakaar, holds a Phd in Political Science, comes from a family of committed Gursikhs going back to the time of maharaja Alla Singh of Patiala and who have served in all the jathas of Gurdwara movement in the 1920's, is a fantastic kirtaniya..etc etc...and writing satire to "WAKE UP CALL" is his forte. This is NOT the First piece he has written and it wont be the last

This is a Wake up Call to us Sikhs...IF I am a "car park Sikh" how could my son become a "going inside gurdwara sikh". I go to Gurdwara daily...all these 20 types are all over the place....here and there we talk to some...persuade some.... all the time we lose some and we win some..BUT IF i were to just "close my eyes in naam Simran...and pass by the Car park mumbling waheguru waheguru... do you think the youths lounging idly in the car park will "mysteriously go away " ?? No they wont and they may attract a few more who were on the way to matha tek but get accosted and remain to stay in the car park.

imho..i may be wrong..but IF even ONe recognises his "group" and then decides that he doesnt want to be seen that way....and removes himself from that group..it will have served the reason this article was written. This is a Wake Up call...nothing more nothing less.

Goluk Wars, Tussles for KURSEES..control of gurdwaras..etc are not new...they have been always happening and will always go on...UNTIL GURU JI does Kirpa on us...BUT if the 20 types of groups keep INCREASING.... who is going to MIND the Gurdwara ??...This is a motive for the NORMAL GROUP to increase... IN Australia a Gurdwara was even "demolished" in such a war !!! ( If i cant have it why should you ??) Remember Suleiman's DIVIDE the BABY story.... the REAL MOTHER decided to GIVE up her baby ALIVE rather than have it die by Divison into half..BUT the FAKE MOTHER wanted to DIVIDE the baby even if it DIED...and thats how suleiman found out who was the TRUE MOTHER. We SIKHS owe it to ourselves to FIND out who are the TRUE SIKHS and give them Control of our Gurdwaras... or else ??? (imagine it yourself)
Ever since this piece came on...i have gone around asking..Which group are YOU in?? and they sheepishly answer...the car park one, or the wall supporters !!! or movie watchers, or the fashion models... THIS is GOOD NEWS. Our Youths realise WHAT they ARE. The First rule of Getting Cured is to KNOW the DISEASE... Gurbani says Vaidaan Pehlaan ROG Pehchaan..OH Physician..FIRST IDENTIFY the Disease !!! IF one doesnt even REALISE one is SICK.... how on earth do you expect him to go seek out a doctor..and then if the Doctor cant figure out what ails you ??? how in heck is he going to administer medcine ??

This PIECE is an attempt to FIND OUT WHAT AILS US. DENYING we are SICK..is self suicide.

Jarnail Singh

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Gyani ji,

As you told in last para, if one recognizes and improves on the weakness, the article serves its purpose very well. In the first stance, this appears to be ninda of Guru roop saadh sangat, but later on analysis of this has huge potential for self-improvement after some self-introspection.

Regards.

Guru Ka Dass

SPNer
Sep 21, 2005
Gurfateh to Everyone

I completely agree with the propective that in order to grow and become seeker of Guru, you have FIND OUT WHAT AILS YOU.

Guru Ka Dass

Apr 5, 2006
i agree with jarnail singh says ...i used to go to gurudwara in the Evening everyday to listen Ithass but after sometime my frnds " Kang pakka koi kuri dekhan janda hove ga , je Guru da pakka Bhagat hai ta sawere kyon nahi janda , Amrit vale" ... that ;line toched my heart and now I m going to gurudwara Amrit vale for sewa in Gurudwara and Sachi " bahut jada anand aunda hai"

About 20 types, its true i went for vaisakhi day and some Uncle ji , according to them we were doing sewa but actually wat they doing let me tell u ...

They were mixing sugar and water for shabeel and just after 5 min , they saw some personality( might b politican or wat ) , said " *** saab aye gaye chalo una naal gal kareye, bete tu kholi jara mein 5 min vich aya" and his 5 min were 5 hrs... there were many Uncle ji's and guys like him...

They have made Gurudwara , a Meeting Point for Business man

Same is the case with Youth, GF and BF came together and Say " ikthe matha teka gaye " ... some1 should tell them " together u have 2 bow ur head in front of Guru when u will get maaried??"

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
i dont agree with the famine ones and the granthi ones becuz those ppl might be good inside and are really trying to give advice or are reallly pooor and cant afford food

lol thas y the offd is there so u can eat it my friend always used to say to me u go to the gurudwara to eat the food (which was not really the case for me) and i used to reply back that i f i dont eat it i will get cold just a form of joke
sumtimes i wud get a bit serious and say if everyone starts to think this and doesnt eat it then wus the point or if everyone makes it and no one eats lol that wud be funny but the reason for starting langar was ppl cud eat

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Its been SIX years since this piece was written - Its Published in the Commemorative Issue of the Magazine of the GURU NANAK DARBAR MEDFORD BOSTON PA USA and avialble ONLINE at:
Boston Gurdwara/Gurudwara - Guru Nanak Darbar
Scroll down menu to Commemorative Issue. SEE also who is the writer and what position he held in that Gurdwara as well his personal endeavours in getting the sangat together and get the Gurdwara off the Ground..in His Diary...
The Gurdwara Guru nanak Darbar having started off on the right footing..has grown substantially...THAT is becasue..acoording to GURBANI..Vaida Pehlaan ROG Pehchaan..DOC..identify the SICKNESS/ailment FIRST...before you even think of curing/medicating it. This ROG PEHCHAAN was the PRIMARY REASON towards IDentifying the types of Gurdwara Goers...not to criticise them..but CURE them of their ailment...
Guru Ji kirpa always..may our Gurdwaras become true GYAAN CENTRES and not just places tog et free food and gupp shapp and socilaising...or RITUALS...:wah::wah::wah::wah::wah:

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Found an addition in another source:

As an aside, some comments from readers :
Hey you missed one..
Field trip Reporter… Who goes to Gurdwara Sahib and think he can analyze all type of people and write a report thinking that he covers 20 aspects of why people comes to Guru Ghar…..
One thing reporter forgot that ..Sikhi is humble… One of the Bhagat ji started to pray because his mother promised him sweets… We all started somewhere, forced by parents to go to Gurdwara…Birthday celebration,…and many other occasions…etc..
At least they picked Guru Ghar!!!!!!
“Kabir sabh te hm bure hm taj bhalo sab koe, jin esa kar bhujya meet hamara soe.”
Bhul Chuk Maaf… - Gurmeet Singh
-------------------
the rensbhaee groupies
- those who only seem to go gurdwra for akj rensbhaees
the concerned citizens - those who only ever come to the gurdwara to cast their votes for the committee elections
the sunday school run folks - never set foot in the gurdwara themselves but feel compelled to send the kids to keertan and punjabi class
the £1.25(Savaa Pound?) ardaas offerors - must have their names read out in the ardaas
the techies - those who practically bring their entire home sound system just to record the keertan
the cashpoint crew- only ever give money to the ragi so they can get pick up some loose change back
the students union - only ever come to the gurdwara if the programs been arranged by the youth for the youth
the majnoos and lailas - they come to secretly meet their beloved
the wanabee majnoos and lailas - if only they could find that someone special lol
the not so rebellious youth - come only because their parents make them, cant wait to leave
the bibian sabha - turn out in force to get darshan of and sing along with their new favourite sant's old dharnas
the revolving door committee men - only ever see them at the gurdwara they are currently in charge of
the curious non-sikhs - they've come for the full gurdwara experience but get uncomfortable at the thought of curious sikhs staring back at them whilst they're there
- singh-2

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM