• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurbani Vichaar

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji when one uses Prof.Sahib Singh ji's Darpan or Bhai Manmohan Singh ji's Teeka and self reading all together, how can you make the above statements. Are you saying they did not use it properly or even more strongly "eliminated the consideration"? I find it highly inappropriate if not disgusting to characterize their works this way. I take guidance from their work to learn but not blindly believing. They have done marvelous work with all due Grammatical considerations.

Sat Sri Akal.

If you think so you may be right but I dont think so.
Their contribution is worth consideration but you also know what is lacking that is why you dont follow blindly.
Any way when I am assuring you so dont take it seriously.

Prakash.s.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
Sorry if you cannot comprehend that does not make it wrong. It simply illustrates that there are no simple answers in inter-language Trans-literations phonetically. The short cuts you envisage will be wrong and a dis-service.
Isn't this part of simply learning Punjabi at School? I learnt it at Khalsa College School in Amritsar and one is quite proficient by end of grade eight or middle school in the basics. Why you make it complicated or special? I don't understand. I know Prof. Sahib Singh ji's Vyakaran describes comparisons to other languages and stuff. However it is not much different for Punjabi from what is taught in Schools itself in terms of of Punjabi accents and vowels or other word structures..

Sat Sri Akal.

That is why for the past nearly 300 years we are unable to be sure about numerical number of the symbol is IK or EK and so is the situation with its orrect pronunciation..
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
That is why for the past nearly 300 years we are unable to be sure about numerical number of the symbol is IK or EK and so is the situation with its orrect pronunciation..
Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji don't make your mis-understandings as everyone's misunderstandings. Your hangups as everyone's hangups. Your 300 years everyone's 300 years. Most at spn do not have your hangups or misunderstandings.

Sat Sri Akal.

Oct 29, 2010
Gurmukhs
The subject is very interesting and educational. I have started looking into the basics of Gurmukhi Vyakaran and found a number of documents that might help.
I think we should have a section at SPN that lists all sources that can help our contributors.
I also find that Punjab India is near about devoid of these sources for layman like me (may be technology limitations) - I came across Saccha Sauda in Ontario Canada that 'keeps' a large number of books but their response is non existent.
I have also started to document (in Word) the grammar learning, information from Bhai Saib Singh’s Gurbani Vyakarn on the web but it has already run into nearly three pages and too long to add to the answers without people losing interest. It is presented as PDF copy with a number of pages missing but still useful.
I believe that a library in this forum should hold documents like these and the links quoted so that those interested can access them as and when desired. That should advance the cause much more swiftly.
For the time being I provide the link I have used and other helpful documents people have suggested but I have not been able to source.
Gurbani Vyakarn by Sahib Singh at scribe
I would appreciate SPNadmin to help out to see if the sections suggested can be created.
[/FONT] Sources

Gurmukhi Vyakarn by Bahi Sahib Singh (The link is taking too long and I believe it is trying to install access to the whole book
The information is taken from a book by Bhai Sahib Singh the link is given below:
[URL="http://www.scribd.com/doc/37423004/Prof-Sahib-Singh-Gurbani-Vyakarn-Gurbani-Grammar"]
Further information is available at http://members.optusnet.com.au/gurbaniviakaran/Gurbani%20Viakaran.htm[/FONT]

Some of the books on Gurbani Viyakaran are as follows: (Note the writer has not been able to obtain any of these books so if readers have knowledge where these can be obtained I shall be very grateful.

Gurbani Viyakaran - Professor Sahib Singh
Gurbani Saral Viyakaran Bodh - Bhai Joginder Singh Talwara in two volumes
Siri Guru Granth Bodh - Bhai Joginder Singh Talwara as his third volume
Gurbani diyaan Laga Maatra di Vilakhanta - Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee
Gurbani Viyakaran book by Dr Harkirat Singh
Gurbani Viyakaran by Giani Harbans Singh Nirnaikaar.
Other than this, there are small tracts written by Professor Teja Singh, Bhai Joginder Singh Talwara and Sikh Missionary College.

The suggested beginners book is the tract on Gurbani Viyakaran by Sikh Missionary College. Other tract is the Appendix to Bhai Talwara jee's book on translation of Siri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib's baani.

Books by Dr Harkirat Singh, Professor Sahib Singh are for the advanced reader.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: