• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gur Prasad

21khalsa13

HRH
SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
on earth
SORAT’H, NINTH MEHL:

That man, who in the midst of pain, does not feel pain, who is not affected by pleasure, affection or fear, and who looks alike upon gold and dust; || 1 || Pause || Who is not swayed by either slander or praise, nor affected by greed, attachment or pride; who remains unaffected by joy and sorrow, honor and dishonor; || 1 || who renounces all hopes and desires and remains desireless in the world; who is not touched by sexual desire or anger — within his heart, God dwells. || 2 || That man, blessed by Guru’s Grace, understands this way. O Nanak, he merges with the Lord of the Universe, like water with water. || 3 || 11 || ang 633

drop everything - all judgements, likes, dislikes, thoughts, joys, sorrows.
there God dwells - that man is blessed by Guru;s grace

Last edited:

21khalsa13

HRH
SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
on earth
SORAT’H, NINTH MEHL:

That man, who in the midst of pain, does not feel pain, who is not affected by pleasure, affection or fear, and who looks alike upon gold and dust; || 1 || Pause || Who is not swayed by either slander or praise, nor affected by greed, attachment or pride; who remains unaffected by joy and sorrow, honor and dishonor; || 1 || who renounces all hopes and desires and remains desireless in the world; who is not touched by sexual desire or anger — within his heart, God dwells. || 2 || That man, blessed by Guru’s Grace, understands this way. O Nanak, he merges with the Lord of the Universe, like water with water. || 3 || 11 || ang 633

drop everything? all thoughts, hopes, desires, likes, dislikes, joy, sorrow,
guru je even says we should not woory about our family even - as none if it can be taken with you
does sound like a contridication but when viewed in the eyes of of miri piri philosophy it actually makes sense - the right and left brain thinking are actually two sides of the same coin

spirituality and creativity

to connect to spirit you have to 'drop everything' - try it you will experience
to live your life in this world you need your thoughts to create - family, work, health etc... the key is not to get hung up on these ideals as they are only transisient and temporary. there is only one reality and no matter what we are doing - what we are thinking we should always connect with that one reality
ie. start from the spirit and work outwards. then use mind and thoughts to create our temporary reality.
it is just an illusion anyway - so don't get wrapped up in the illussion. no matter what thoughts you think it is still an illusion - reality is life, god, and that remains the same no matter what your personal thoughts on the matter are. the other day it blew my mind when i watched a programme on the galaxy

it showed that all the stars in teh sky are suns around which there are planets and there are millions and millions of suns in this galaxy - wow!

then it went on to say there are as many galaxies in the universe as there are stars in this galaxy, millions maybe billions.

and then there is possibly millions and millions of universes too!!

wow!! truly amazing
waheguru

it puts our tiny little lives on this planet into perspective - are the things we think about all day long really of any consequence? do we really need to hold all these thoughts, opinions and rights and wrongs in our heads - no - so drop them merge with god!

:happy:

ps. i know this is easier said than done. very easy to say - very hard to do - but do it anyway
it becomes a moment to moment thing.
every moment ask yourself a question - are my thoughts being used to create good or bad?
are my thoughts from the same stale pool of thinking or from the fresh river of life?

live this moment to moment - please tell me what happens...
:wah:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
drop everything - all judgements, likes, dislikes, thoughts, joys, sorrows.
there God dwells - that man is blessed by Guru;s grace

The thought I thought is not the thought
I thought I thought.

Khalsa Ji,

ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਮੀਤ ਚਲਹੁ ਗੁਰ ਚਾਲੀ
गुरसिख मीत चलहु गुर चाली ॥
Gursikẖ mīṯ cẖalhu gur cẖālī.
O Sikhs of the Guru, O friends, walk on the Guru's Path.

ਜੋ ਗੁਰੁ ਕਹੈ ਸੋਈ ਭਲ ਮਾਨਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਥਾ ਨਿਰਾਲੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
जो गुरु कहै सोई भल मानहु हरि हरि कथा निराली ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Jo gur kahai so▫ī bẖal mānhu har har kathā nirālī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
Whatever the Guru says, accept that as good; the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har, is unique and wonderful. ||1||Pause||

Ang 667

Feb 26, 2009
glI jogu n hoeI ]
galee jog n hoee ||
By mere words, Yoga is not attained.
eyk idRsit kir smsir jwxY jogI khIAY soeI ]1] rhwau ]
eaek dhrisatt kar samasar jaanai jogee keheeai soee ||1|| rehaao ||
One who looks upon all with a single eye, and knows them to be one and the same - he alone is known as a Yogi. ||1||Pause||

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Sadhu Ji,

The mind is so much absorbed in maya, that it is impossible to separate them. In fact mind itself is nothing but maya. You will have to drop it all together. You will have to drop the whole wall of maya and mind.
You added your own opinion by saying In fact mind itself is nothing but maya. You will have to drop it all together.

Re read the shabad you posted:
ਮਨੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੈ ਰਮਿ ਰਹਿਓ ਨਿਕਸਤ ਨਾਹਿਨ ਮੀਤ ॥
man maaeiaa mai ram rehiou nikasath naahin meeth ||

The mind is absorbed in Maya - it cannot escape it, my friend.

ਨਾਨਕ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਜਿਉ ਛਾਡਿਤ ਨਾਹਿਨ ਭੀਤਿ ॥੩੭॥
naanak moorath chithr jio shhaaddith naahin bheeth ||37||
Nanak, it is like a picture painted on the wall - it cannot leave it. ||37||

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Page 1346, Line 3
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਵੇਖੁ ਤੂ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਲਿ ॥
गुर परसादी वेखु तू हरि मंदरु तेरै नालि ॥
Gur parsādī vekẖ ṯū har manḏar ṯerai nāl.
By Guru's Grace, see that the Temple of the Lord is within you.
Guru Amar Das - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM