• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gur Prasad

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Its true, but remember the essence of meditation is when you become utterly empty. The whole purpose of meditation is to create a silence in your being, to create an emptiness in your being. Because the bliss happens in the silence, the music of the eternal happens in your silence, the river of the gurprasad will flow only if you are an empty valley.
Then what?
What happens after Gurprasad flows in?

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
After having morphed into a butterfly from a crawling caterpillar with the help of SGGS, Gur Prasad is to savour the nectar of each flower that the butterfly comes in contact with, hence living daily by the words of Gurbani- Sabh Gobind hein, Gobind bin nahin koi.

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਪੀਉ ਪਿਆਰੀ
अम्रितु रसना पीउ पिआरी ॥
Amriṯ rasnā pī▫o pi▫ārī.
O dear beloved tongue, drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. (Ang 180)

Quoted by Aad0002 Ji
Spread the nectar. Grow more flowers.
ਬਨਸਪਤਿ ਮਉਲੀ ਫਲ ਫੁਲ ਪੇਡੇ
बनसपति मउली फल फुल पेडे ॥
Banaspaṯ ma▫ulī fal ful pede.
All the vegetation will blossom forth for you, flowering in fruition; (Ang 180)

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
After having morphed into a butterfly from a crawling caterpillar with the help of SGGS, Gur Prasad is to savour the nectar of each flower that the butterfly comes in contact with, hence living daily by the words of Gurbani- Sabh Gobind hein, Gobind bin nahin koi.

Tejwant Singh

ਸਭੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ਹੈ ਸਭੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ਹੈ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਈ
सभु गोबिंदु है सभु गोबिंदु है गोबिंद बिनु नही कोई ॥
Sabẖ gobinḏ hai sabẖ gobinḏ hai gobinḏ bin nahī ko▫ī.
God is everything, God is everything. Without God, there is nothing at all. (Ang 485)

Mar 1, 2009
Vaheguruseekr ji

You have talked about the emptiness in many different ways. It does sound beautiful and impressive but for an ignorant like me it sounds nothing but some utopic rhetoric based on some Santmat.

I would like you to quote Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to express each of your thoughts that you are trying to say below.

I dont think it sounds impressive or beautiful to you, because i never gave the qoutes of gurugranth sahib. If i had given the quotes as proofs of what i am saying, then "may be" you could have find me convincing.
Moreover the eight points that you want me to explain, with help of qoutes of gurugranth sahib, all of them have one meaning. They mean drop the mind and mind is the maya, its the some total of thoughts, desires, expectations and our memories, that are clouding our inner eyes. There are various ways to drop it, for example jap, meditation, kirtan, love etc . And once the mind is dropped the gurprasad starts flowing in your being.

Dont forget that gurbani itself is santmat. Its the vision of the saints. And vision of all the saints is one. There cannot be many santmats, there exists only one santmat, because all the saints live at one plane of consciousness, the jot is the same.

You find the qoutes yourself in gurbani if you can, that match with my explanations, because whatever i have posted is my experience, i never read it anywhere.
You can do another thing that would be much more practical, you can try what i did, do simran, or kirtan or anything that can help you to drop the mind, and lets see if the gurprasad flows into your being. BECAUSE IT HAS HAPPENED TO MANY, I AM SURE IT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU ALSO.

Although i can give you the qoutes, but it wont make much of a difference.
I can give you the qoutes and you will have a proof of what i am saying, but i dont want to prove it to anyone.
My proofs will validate my experience, it wont make a difference in your being.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Vaheguruseekr ji

I dont think it sounds impressive or beautiful to you, because i never gave the qoutes of gurugranth sahib. If i had given the quotes as proofs of what i am saying, then "may be" you could have find me convincing.
Moreover the eight points that you want me to explain, with help of qoutes of gurugranth sahib, all of them have one meaning. They mean drop the mind and mind is the maya, its the some total of thoughts, desires, expectations and our memories, that are clouding our inner eyes. There are various ways to drop it, for example jap, meditation, kirtan, love etc . And once the mind is dropped the gurprasad starts flowing in your being.

Dont forget that gurbani itself is santmat. Its the vision of the saints. And vision of all the saints is one. There cannot be many santmats, there exists only one santmat, because all the saints live at one plane of consciousness, the jot is the same.

You find the qoutes yourself in gurbani if you can, that match with my explanations, because whatever i have posted is my experience, i never read it anywhere.
You can do another thing that would be much more practical, you can try what i did, do simran, or kirtan or anything that can help you to drop the mind, and lets see if the gurprasad flows into your being. BECAUSE IT HAS HAPPENED TO MANY, I AM SURE IT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU ALSO.

Although i can give you the qoutes, but it wont make much of a difference.
I can give you the qoutes and you will have a proof of what i am saying, but i dont want to prove it to anyone.
My proofs will validate my experience, it wont make a difference in your being.

Sadhu ji

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for proving my point that you have no idea what you are talking about. Your babble above once again shows that.

As I mentioned before people who are proud of contradicting themselves as you do it quite gallantly, lack any kind of conviction, the essential trait to breed honesty and trust within, and also people who hide behind thin veils pretending to be hiding, they do not hide from anyone else but from themselves.

Thanks for exposing yourself.

Good luck on your SANTMAT journey. As you may very well know that these so called Sants are famous as snake oil peddlers and it seems you love that.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Bhagat singh ji

I wont tell you that. You will come to know when it flows into you.

|| 349 ||

No one can measure Your Worth, or describe You. keemat paa-ay na kahi-aa jaa-ay.
Those who describe You, remain absorbed in You. ||1|| kahnai vaalay tayray rahay samaa-ay. ||1||
O my Great Lord and Master of Unfathomable Depth,
You are the Ocean of Excellence.
vaday mayray saahibaa gahir gambheeraa gunee gaheeraa.
No one knows the greatness of Your expanse. ||1||Pause|| ko-ee na jaanai tayraa kaytaa kayvad cheeraa. ||1|| rahaa-o.
All the contemplators met together and practiced contemplation; sabh surtee mil surat kamaa-ee.
all the appraisers met together and tried to appraise You. sabh keemat mil keemat paa-ee.
The theologians, the meditators and the teachers of teachers gi-aanee Dhi-aanee gur gur haa-ee.
could not express even an iota of Your Greatness. ||2|| kahan na jaa-ee tayree til vadi-aa-ee. ||2||
All Truth, all austerities, all goodness, sabh sat sabh tap sabh chang-aa-ee-aa.
and the greatness of the Siddhas, the beings of perfect spiritual powers siDhaa purkhaa kee-aa vadi-aa-ee-aaN.
- without You, none has attained such spiritual powers. tuDh vin siDhee kinai na paa-ee-aa.
They are obtained by Your Grace; their flow cannot be blocked. ||3|| karam milai naahee thaak rahaa-ee-aa. ||3||

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 1, 2009
vaheguruseekr ji
I am sorry if i offended you once again, and i am greatful that you reply to my posts.
I love your questions and the points that you mention in your posts.

Thanks for proving my point that you have no idea what you are talking about. Your babble above once again shows that.

As I mentioned before people who are proud of contradicting themselves as you do it quite gallantly, lack any kind of conviction which breeds honesty and trust within, and hide behind thin veils pretending to be hiding, not from anyone else but from themselves.

Thanks for exposing yourself.

Good luck on your SANTMAT journey who are famous as snake oil peddlers and it seems you love its rub.

I never hide anything, i post whatever i know, or whatever i experience.
I dont know why you feel that i am hiding something from myself.
Why would anyone hide anything from himself? And moreover it is practically impossible to hide anything from ones own self.

Why did you take so many pains to expose me? You could have just asked me, and i would have exposed myself.
Next time, just ask me, and i would expose myself, as i have nothing to hide.

BUT DO TRY TO DROP YOUR MIND, GURPRASAD WILL DEFINITELY FLOW IN YOU.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
As you may very well know that these so called Sants are famous as snake oil peddlers and it seems you love that.

|| 476 || Aasaa: aasaa.
They wear loin cloths, three and a half yards long, and triple-wound sacred threads. gaj saadhay tai tai Dhotee-aa tihray paa-in tag.
They have rosaries around their necks, and they carry glittering jugs in their hands. galee jinHaa japmaalee-aa lotay hath nibag.
They are not called Saints of the Lord - they are thugs of Benares. ||1|| o-ay har kay sant na aakhee-ahi baanaaras kay thag. ||1||

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
ਸਾਜਨੁ ਮੀਤੁ ਸਖਾ ਕਰਿ ਏਕੁ
साजनु मीतु सखा करि एकु ॥
Sājan mīṯ sakẖā kar ek.
Make the One Lord your friend, intimate and companion.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਅਖਰ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਲੇਖੁ ॥੩॥
हरि हरि अखर मन महि लेखु ॥३॥
Har har akẖar man mėh lekẖ. ||3||
Write in your mind the Word of the Lord, Har, Har. ||3||

ਰਵਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਰਬਤ ਸੁਆਮੀ
रवि रहिआ सरबत सुआमी ॥
Rav rahi▫ā sarbaṯ su▫āmī.
The Lord Master is totally pervading everywhere.

ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਅੰਤਰਜਾਮੀ ॥੪॥੬੨॥੧੩੧॥
गुण गावै नानकु अंतरजामी ॥४॥६२॥१३१॥
Guṇ gāvai Nānak anṯarjāmī. ||4||62||131||
Nanak sings the Praises of the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts. ||4||62||131|| (Ang 192)

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sadhu ji

Guru Fateh.

You write:

vaheguruseekr ji
I am sorry if i offended you once again, and i am greatful that you reply to my posts.

Once again you have overestimated your ability if I may say so. You seem to claim that you know more about others than about yourself.

No, I do not get offended. Period, although you pretended to claim to know me twice with the same claim.:)

I never hide anything, i post whatever i know, or whatever i experience.
I dont know why you feel that i am hiding something from myself.
Why would anyone hide anything from himself? And moreover it is practically impossible to hide anything from ones own self.

Yes, you did. Contradictions are a way to hide and deny for which you did admit to. You did claim that you self-contradict yourself. Following is the definiton of contradiction:

con·tra·dic·tion (k
obreve.gif
n
lprime.gif
tr
schwa.gif
-d
ibreve.gif
k
prime.gif
sh
schwa.gif
n) [SIZE=-2]KEY [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]NOUN: [/SIZE]

1. <LI type=a>The act of contradicting.
    2. The state of being contradicted.
  1. A denial.
  2. Inconsistency; discrepancy.
  3. Something that contains contradictory elements.
Why did you take so many pains to expose me? You could have just asked me, and i would have exposed myself.
Next time, just ask me, and i would expose myself, as i have nothing to hide.

No one exposes anyone else. People do that to themselves and you have done a commendable job on it yourself. As I said, thin veils expose people no matter how much they try to hide themselves.

Sadhu ji,

As I mentioned in my last post that what you say sounds beautiful and impressive but just a utopic senselss rhetoric.

Tejwant Singh

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

ਮਤਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਤਨ ਜਵਾਹਰ ਮਾਣਿਕ ਜੇ ਇਕ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਸਿਖ ਸੁਣੀ ॥
Within the mind are gems, jewels and rubies,
if you listen to the Guru's Teachings, even once.

Does Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji tell us to drop our minds ?

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
|| 631 || Sorat`h, Ninth Mehl: sorath mehlaa 9
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru: ik-oNkaar satgur parsaad.
O mind, love the Lord. ray man raam si-o kar pareet.
With your ears, hear the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, and with your tongue, sing His song. ||1||Pause||
sarvan gobind gun sun-o ar gaa-o rasnaa geet. ||1|| rahaa-o.

From the above shabad, Guru Ji does not say to drop the mind. Instead Guru Ji says to use the mind in the right way.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I think vaheguruseeker ji's post got a bit harsh. lol :yes:
But I do agree with this...
...you have no idea what you are talking about. Your babble above once again shows that.
and this...
As I mentioned in my last post that what you say sounds beautiful and impressive but just a utopic senselss rhetoric.
Sadhu ji, you have obviously not thought about what you are saying long enough or hard enough. go back and review it, keep in mind what your argument( the technical meaning of argument) is, and list all the premises, qualifiers, assumptions, etc. See if your argument is logically sound.
After doing that you may post.
This will help clarify your post and will allow us to see where you are going with this.

Mar 1, 2009
waheguruseekr ji

Yes, you did. Contradictions are a way to hide and deny for which you did admit to. You did claim that you self-contradict yourself.
If someone is contradicting himself, it does not mean that he is hiding something. If you want to hide something, you have to be consistent, you have to be in tune with your previous statements, your statements have to be complimenting each other. Because if you contradict, your hidden truth will come out.
If someone seems to be contradictory, it just proves that the person is carefree, because he does not even care to contradict himself. And one needs to be very very careful to hide anything, because if you are not careful, simply cannot hide anything.
However if you still feel that i am hiding anything, then keep on chewing this.

No, I do not get offended. Period, although you pretended to claim to know me twice with the same claim.:)

Its good that you dont get offended, but your posts give me some other picture.
And where did you get this idea, that i am CLAIMING to know you? No vaheguruseekr ji, i dont know you.

Mar 1, 2009
bhagat singh ji

Sadhu ji, you have obviously not thought about what you are saying long enough or hard enough. go back and review it, keep in mind what your argument( the technical meaning of argument) is, and list all the premises, qualifiers, assumptions, etc. See if your argument is logically sound.
After doing that you may post.
This will help clarify your post and will allow us to see where you are going with this.

Yes i never thought about what i was saying. Because i dont need to. One needs to think if there are some doubts.
Do you ever doubt that you are breathing? Do you ever question if you are alive or not? Do you ever think that may be you are wrong, that you should think again that weather you are living or not?
No, because it is your own experience, the experience in itself is the proof. The experience in itself is the validator. And I posted whatever i had experienced.

And it was not an argument, in the first place. So forget about logics.

My posts "are" and "will be" absolutely illogical and contradictory.
But they will be helpful for the friends who are seeking.

I hope this clarifies my point and hope that you can see where i am going with this.

Mar 1, 2009
naamjap ji just have a look

ਜਿਹਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਮਤਾ ਤਜੀ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਭਇਓ ਉਦਾਸੁ ॥
jihi maaeiaa mamathaa thajee sabh thae bhaeiou oudhaas ||
One who renounces Maya and possessiveness and is detached from everything
9 Salok Guru Teg Bahadur

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨੁ ਰੇ ਮਨਾ ਤਿਹ ਘਟਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ॥੧੮॥
kahu naanak sun rae manaa thih ghatt breham nivaas ||18||
- says Nanak, listen, mind: God abides in his heart. ||18||
9 Salok Guru Teg Bahadur

ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਚੇਤਈ ਮਦਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਕੈ ਅੰਧੁ ॥
praanee kashhoo n chaethee madh maaeiaa kai andhh ||
The mortal does not remember the Lord, even for a moment; he is blinded by the wine of Maya.
16 Salok Guru Teg Bahadur

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਭਜਨ ਪਰਤ ਤਾਹਿ ਜਮ ਫੰਧ ॥੨੬॥
kahu naanak bin har bhajan parath thaahi jam fandhh ||26||
Says Nanak, without meditating on the Lord, he is caught by the noose of Death. ||26||
17 Salok Guru Teg Bahadur
ਮਨੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੈ ਰਮਿ ਰਹਿਓ ਨਿਕਸਤ ਨਾਹਿਨ ਮੀਤ ॥
man maaeiaa mai ram rehiou nikasath naahin meeth ||
The mind is absorbed in Maya - it cannot escape it, my friend.
9 Salok Guru Teg Bahadur
ਨਾਨਕ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਜਿਉ ਛਾਡਿਤ ਨਾਹਿਨ ਭੀਤਿ ॥੩੭॥
naanak moorath chithr jio shhaaddith naahin bheeth ||37||
Nanak, it is like a picture painted on the wall - it cannot leave it. ||37||
9 Salok Guru Teg Bahadur

The mind is so much absorbed in maya, that it is impossible to separate them. Infact mind itself is nothing but maya. You will have to drop it all together. You will have to drop the whole wall of maya and mind.

Mar 1, 2009
Maya = Mind = ego = Sum total of thoughts, desires, expectations, wordly attachments, greed, lust, piles of past memories

Mind is not the brain,although mind functions with the help of the brain. The seat of the mind is in the brain. Mind is subtle, and the brain is matter. The brain dies when the body dies, and the mind goes on with the soul, for the next birth, BECAUSE it has so many unfulfilled desires and expectations in it. And unless you drop it, your soul can never be at rest. It is constantly going to be in the cycle of births and deaths.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM