• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

(Graphic Content) Advisory. Shouldn't Take Life 4 Granted

Jun 1, 2004
In our lives, we tend to take things for granted. Further elaborating most of us never realize what it means to have a roof to live under, food to eat three times a day, warm water to take a shower in the morning, having cash in your pocket, and etc. We have got so much to be thankful for - yet often times we still complain - such as about the 'roti' being too burnt, too hard, less cooked, and so forth. Clothes? - We should be thankful that we get to change them daily, but instead we worry about having the latest brands, trends, etc.

I am hoping the pictures below will serve as a reminder how fortunate we are and that we must never take things for granted. Although, I am hoping that these pictures will establish a foundation - a foundation that will give you a whole new meaning to life, about your problems, and your day-to-day living.

waterinafrica_01-gi.jpg

lapar.jpg

awardphoto.jpg

waterinafrica_02-gi.jpg

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
These pics make me cry.

Though I had seen these pics in various other forums, so didnt want to see those again to avoid bad start of the day (courtsey my hypocracy, when I am going to talk abt other religious issues). Then came back thinking - NO, I am not going to run off from this, and hide my head somewhere. Such things need to be hammered on head time to time, to realize what a wonderful gift, our LIFE is.

What can be done as an individual, I am not sure. Currently, I am so selfish to improve myself first before being of any use to others.

Bhull Chukk maaf karnee jee.
Regards.

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
these r truly mind boggling pics..but we cant run away from reality and at the personal level we shud do wht we cud? dont u feel that our gurus were great visionaries that they started the tradition of langar n shelter, irrespective of religion, caste,color n creed

regards

Living Mind

SPNer
Sep 20, 2004
Singapore
Sevadaar Singh said:
These pics make me cry.

Though I had seen these pics in various other forums, so didnt want to see those again to avoid bad start of the day (courtsey my hypocracy, when I am going to talk abt other religious issues). Then came back thinking - NO, I am not going to run off from this, and hide my head somewhere. Such things need to be hammered on head time to time, to realize what a wonderful gift, our LIFE is.

What can be done as an individual, I am not sure. Currently, I am so selfish to improve myself first before being of any use to others.

Bhull Chukk maaf karnee jee.
Regards.
Yes the pictures are a sad fact of life; infact I have lived amongst the people who wait for the cow to pee in order to have their bath in Kenya.
That you have taken it upon yourself to be of help to others, Singh Sahib, is extremely commendable. There is no need to feel sorry or selfish that you have to first improve yourself and as a consequence unable to render any service. Service can be rendered alongside acquiring self-improvement skills. In fact, service and the experiences gained in the process are themselves learning tools that makes us better equiped in rendering meaningful service.

Service given with a genuine heart is service that matters.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: