• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Golden Temple To Use Phone Jammers

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
It would make one think are such Sikhs more interested in maya/attachment etc than in Sikhi ? There have been many times when this Sikh turns of his phone and not just in the Gurdwara but relaxing or reading, listening to music watching tv and even at work indeed at work there are plenty of places where phones dont work I'm an engineer with London Underground and phones dont work in the tunnels great when testing/fault finding trains and the only comms device i have to worry about is the train radio and when that goes of its railway bussiness its inportant and needs my attention unlike phones in Gurdwaras. Just switich the phone of in the Gurdwara and when you are finshed in the Gurdwara then check the missed calls and text messages and deal with as required its not rocket science

:happysingh:

Joginderji,

To some the phone takes precedence over the word of God, the Shabad.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Ang 117

ਆਪੇ ਦੇਵੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਬੁਲਾਏ
Āpe ḏevai sabaḏ bulā▫e.
He Himself calls us, and bestows the Word of the Shabad.
ਮਹਲੀ ਮਹਲਿ ਸਹਜ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਏ
Mahlī mahal sahj sukẖ pā▫e.
The soul-bride finds intuitive peace and poise in the Mansion of the Lord's Presence.
ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਆਪੇ ਸੁਣਿ ਸੁਣਿ ਧਿਆਵਣਿਆ ॥੮॥੧੩॥੧੪॥
Nānak nām milai vadi▫ā▫ī āpe suṇ suṇ ḏẖi▫āvaṇi▫ā. ||8||13||14||
O Nanak, she obtains the glorious greatness of the Naam; she hears it again and again, and she meditates on it. ||8||13||14||

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: