• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial God's Almightyness Versus Evil

Jeos

SPNer
Apr 26, 2012
Brussels
Hello,

God-Allah-Yahvé- thats ok as the different names of God can be easily explained trough the different geographical/historical & cultural contexts but I have doubts about our only and unic God being Almighty...look at all the evil and suffering in this evil-heavy world. And pls do not argue by saying like the Sufis that this is a question of plan of consciousness. See all those innocents, all those CHILDREN dying of hunger every single day - dont you think that our "free-will" is going to far (or perhaps our free-will isn't so free as it seems..) ? To me its "simple": There is Ahura-Mazda (or God-Allah-Yahvé) but there is Ariman too (Lucifer/Chaos) and the battle between both is a cosmic and titanic one. And He might not win without OUR EFFORT...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
No source of wisdom on the Universe can work this problematic out in a satisfactory way, not even reincarnation.
P.S.- I am not zoroastrian.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Gyani Ji Is it not true that even God cannot do one thing .....the one thing he cannot do is something that is morally wrong,as if he could do that then he would not be God ,he would be a man.

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
A long time ago..i heard that theres one thing even the DEVIL CANNOT DO...the Moral thing...sounds the same thing to me...BUT in GURMATT there is NO DEVIL...its ALL HIM/HIS PLAY ONLY......so Guru Arjun ji is HIM..and so is Jehangir....its Guru Teg bahadur Ji and so is Aurangzeb...Guru Arjun Ji says..TERA BHANNA MEETHA LAGGEH..He does not call for the "DEVIL" to be punished/castigated...so its ALL ONLY HIM..none other.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Gyani Ji That means he is the one eating the steaks and they can only be warm because there is no cold.And his kitchen is always light because there is no dark,and he never burns them because he has a supreme plan of creation.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Evil does not exist. It is the absence of good. Evil is not a thing in Itself. Consider light and darkness, often used to describe good and evil.

Light is a real property of the universe. There are light particles - or more properly called photons - and we can measure them in units. There are no particles or units of darkness. One cannot measure darkness because it doesn't actually exist, it is actually just the lack of light in a specific place.

In the same way: Heat and Cold.

There is no such thing as coldness. We can measure and calculate heat, according to degrees or celsius because it is real. Heat is given off from the sun. Coldness is not a thing in itself, rather it is a human being's perception of the lack of heat, just as darkness is a human being's perception of the lack of light.

In the same way we must not fall under the illusion that God created evil. It is non-existence, in reality there is only good and everything in creation in essence is pure goodness. However human beings can become deprived of our inherent goodness; we can become ill and sick of heart and therefore we become deprived of goodness.

Evil is not natural. It is the deprivation, lack or utter absence of natural good. One who lacks goodness, lacks being and becomes something less than Himself; what he or she was created to be. The less good one is, the less truly human one is.

There is no such thing as evil. It is the human mind's perception of the lack of good in a person, situation or existant reality.

However God can transform even human evil into Good.

Out of evil, God can work great good - for example the noble qualities of self-sacrifice and bravery that are often ignited in human nature in opposition to human evil.

Consider the thousands of men and women who, during the Second World War, risked their lives to save Jews from being sent to the Nazi death camps.

No darkness, even the darkness of evil, is to dark for God. He is in everything in its natural, pure goodness and human beings are powerless to upset his Supreme Divine plan of creation.

Last edited:

Jeos

SPNer
Apr 26, 2012
Brussels
An unwavering, rock solid faith despite doubt and questioning is a fruitful and bring-peace faith, while a simplistic faith might be a source of blindness,conflicts and stagnation at all levels.

Thanks.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
An unwavering, rock solid faith despite doubt and questioning is a fruitful and bring-peace faith, while a simplistic faith might be a source of blindness,conflicts and stagnation at all levels.

Thanks.
Jeos ji thanks for your post. One comment.

An elaboration on we and all being born non-evil or good. So the point is that the almighty does not create evil per se. Yes if the good is turned into evil by some or many the good need to stand up and be counted. But there is no Creator designed evil empire to fight at Cosmic or other level. Simply basic house cleaning between good and bad.

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
Mr VOUTHON Ji,
I think once you can understand How the whole Universe has been created from A SINGLE "WORD"..we can have better understanding of good or Bad/evil and so on.

There is duality of thoughts/Actions operating at all levels of the creations.The predominanace
of thought would determine what is good or evil for a particular person/persons or even circumstances.
Gurbanee tells, for One absorbed in Creator every thing is ONE only.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Mr VOUTHON Ji,
I think once you can understand How the whole Universe has been created from A SINGLE "WORD"..we can have better understanding of good or Bad/evil and so on.
May we know the word lol?

Sounds pretty Hindu to me as there is nothing in Sikhism or SGGS that says or supports this!

Regards.

Apr 11, 2007
It is a bit like this, How a saint, a intellect, a king, a rapper an every human or every other species has its own self importance. Only some take things further. You will hear some people say I am the strongest, the hardest, the worst of human nature. Some people may consider themselves to be the greatest, the most honest, the best or most wholesome being ever compared to others. Only you are an individual but people do not recongize there own true quality they delude the individual self and others to believe that their quality is somehow in some way shape or form greater or worser somehow they are immeasurable to any other being and these thoughts occur in all beings, even animals, lions fight and so forth etc. I guess in some ways we are immeasurable as we are individuals, but these condradictions have a base, a truth, which is pure (the soul). Then god comes in and shows you that god is the best of the best, the worst of the worst, that god is the absolute god and child god say's take it from me after it is all said an done be peaceful! As at the end of your time peace is what awaits you (ultimate peace death). You can either;1 have your peace with love and be at one with creation (the creator) and maybe their is some truth to it all, if you love the creator then maybe the creator will love you and who wants to destroy something they love. These great lovers of god as an example created thoughts on the creator and no one has been able to destroy them. They have become holy books their thoughts. Some gain mukhti and remain in peace. Or;2 others then fall back into re-incarnation, cycle starts again never ending until you realise the peaceful approach is love to all, stop deluding yourself you are just a man. God is the greatest, God is the end point and begining point of all things no further. Sometimes when we see suffering we wonder why, but then people that suffer, as we all do (Some more than others at time), I regard them as the real saints in life. With their examples they make people feel their pain show you how to open your window of love maybe even change your ways without uttering a single word, they can achieve this. It is all gods game no one will ever know the true reason for it. One thing I have to say is this though without this game of life would you have ever experienced love, the most beautiful gift any human can experiance even when for the suffering of it.

Last edited:

Jeos

SPNer
Apr 26, 2012
Brussels
"It is all gods game no one will ever know the true reason for it." What a "hit" ....that one was really close to the center of the target.

Apr 11, 2007
That's the thing. Men of god have only expressed a glimps and look at how their few thoughts have changed the world. Imagine the full source god the centre hit. If the immeasurable was measured. Imagine that, what force that must be. The measure that they have been able to describe is summed up as waheguru or other names

Last edited:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
If Ik Onkar is everything, isn't it also nothing?

Vouthon ji says that 'evil' is the absence of good, that darkness is the absence of light and the coldness the absence of heat but is the 'absence' not something in itself? The presence of nothingness? And isn't it still all within Creation?

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM