• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

God!

Chica

SPNer
Jun 28, 2006
Aite another stupid question.. I really need to get educated more on our religion..i thought I knew quite abit but I guess I don’t :shock:

Newayz my question is if we say we have GURUS and we pray to them..who is GOD? who created da world according to Sikhs?

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear Chica Ji!

God is. The Gurus meditated on God and suggested all to meditate on God.

The Gurus never asked anyone to meditate on them.

Balbir Singh

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
Chica said:
Aite another stupid question.. I really need to get educated more on our religion..i thought I knew quite abit but I guess I don’t :shock:

Newayz my question is if we say we have GURUS and we pray to them..who is GOD? who created da world according to Sikhs?
We don't pray to the Gurus, Ruby.

The Gurus were only teachers providing guidance to observe the existence of only one God. They were not 'divine' themselves (i.e. they were not God, nor did they ever claim to be), but they did teach the true nature of God. They said that worshipping all different stone statues and doing rituals are next to useless when it comes to understand what God is, and can actually be used by the priests of the various religions to manipulate the members of that religion to do unsavoury things.

Remember that God and Guru are not the same thing :wink:

And Sikkhs don't really have a creation story. Guru Nanak said that the entire universe spawns from One God. So if any entity "created the world", it would be God.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear all ,

very well explained by Balbir ji and MAX

Totally agree , but like to add something here ,

About the theory of craetion in Sikhism It has been repeated many times infact in both Morning and evening prayer about the origin

Origin of world is such small little work for great creator that just the thing compared to tought by creater resulted in whole Universe and in the similar fashion it can also finish and vanish .

Remember that God and Guru are not the same thing :wink:

Yes one entity cant be called god
But still there sometime arise confusion in people about the fact and they call guru , GOD

Also sometime even if it is not called so , still some people thnks that SIKH are calling THeir Guru eauivalent to GOD

WHY CONFUSION?

In sikh philosophy god is considered to premeated in all the creation ,( LIVING ,NON LIVING ,VISIBLE , Not VISIBLE )

Even Rocks have the same God as Human in them their is nothing we can even imagine that is deviod of god as our imagination itself has origin in god

so in brief ONLY GOD IS

as mentioned by Balbir Singh Ji

Now about Guru and GOD

As everything has god so what is the diffrence , as I can understand that the difference is the level of conciousness .

The level of Counciousness of non living thing like rock is minimal
The level of consiouness increases as the life take the complex shapes and figures in form of plants and animal .
It reach quite high in case of humans and so there is chance with human to become fully councious of all that is GOD
And at the peak of human consciousness arises as state where human becomes fully councious of all that is god and their is no wall / barrier/mystery ( BAHYD) that remains
between him and god

At this stage he DOESNOT BECOME GOD BUT INSTEAD BECOMES PART OF GOD IN TOTAL COUNSIOUSNESS ( although every body is part of god but is not councious about it )

ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਉ ਬਿਆਪੈ
जिनि गुरु सेविआ तिसु भउ न बिआपै ॥
jin gur sayvi-aa tis bha-o na bi-aapai.
One who serves the Guru is not afflicted with fear.

ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਸੰਤਾਪੈ
जिनि गुरु सेविआ तिसु दुखु न संतापै ॥
jin gur sayvi-aa tis dukh na santaapai.
One who serves the Guru does not suffer in pain.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋਧੇ ਸਿੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਬੇਦ
नानक सोधे सिम्रिति बेद ॥
naanak soDhay simrit bayd.
Nanak has studied the Simritees and the Vedas.

ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਹੀ ਭੇਦ ॥੪॥੧੧॥੨੪॥
पारब्रहम गुर नाही भेद ॥४॥११॥२४॥
paarbarahm gur naahee bhayd. ||4||11||24||
There is no difference between the Supreme Lord God and the Guru. ||4||11||24||

ਜਬ ਇਨਿ ਅਪੁਨੋ ਬਾਧਿਓ ਮੋਹਾ
जब इनि अपुनो बाधिओ मोहा ॥
jab in apuno baaDhi-o mohaa.
When he entangles himself in emotional attachment,

ਆਵੈ ਜਾਇ ਸਦਾ ਜਮਿ ਜੋਹਾ
आवै जाइ सदा जमि जोहा ॥
aavai jaa-ay sadaa jam johaa.
he comes and goes in reincarnation, under the constant gaze of Death.

ਜਬ ਇਸ ਤੇ ਸਭ ਬਿਨਸੇ ਭਰਮਾ
जब इस ते सभ बिनसे भरमा ॥
jab is tay sabh binsay bharmaa.
But when all his doubts are removed,

ਭੇਦੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਹੈ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ॥੪॥
भेदु नाही है पारब्रहमा ॥४॥
bhayd naahee hai paarbrahmaa. ||4||
then there is no difference between him and the Supreme Lord God. ||4||

Jatinder Singh

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: