• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Garlic Not Allowed In Langer

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Dear Bindy,

There are Gurudwara still around in UK and USA with minstream.And one with Nihungs,With Afghanis or with Bhatra where meat is still in langer.

It is after induction of ritualism inn us,to make us weak to make nation and lead Sikhs and non Sikhs that colonial people planted such people who tought us to be ritualistics.

They could have taken grab of the Sikh or Sant.They told us to hate non Sikhs also.(das anyway respect the views of AKJ or Taksal).

21khalsa13

HRH
SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
on earth
21khalsa13 said:
from what i know we cannot eat onion and garlic for several reasons, 1stly: HINDUISM is about meditation and focussing our minds fully on god, however, we should refrain from world desires including tastey foods, also, scientific experiments have proved that onion and garlic and other veggi's from this family i.e leeks have chemicals in them which put bad htoughts in our mind and feel anger,lust, violence. ''

simply, doesn't matter what diet you eat.
granted that food does effect concioussness to a degree. but we aren't slaves to these impulses. our whole agenda is to rise above any such influences and keep mind infused in constant remberence of naam.

if someone has the best diet 'holiset diet' in the world will make no difference at all if minds are clogged with mental junk.

if someone has perfect mental climate they could eat most things and derive nutrition and still remain healthy.
food is only fuel - you can get some feul better than others but still only fuel. perfect mental climate is the importance - if this is constantly causing our mental climates to be disturbed - stop till we are stronger then look again when we can keep ourr mental climates sound and objectiveley review situation.

sikhbacha

SPNer
Apr 4, 2006
Forget onion and Garlic..I have seen many 'SINGHS' not accepting Guru ki Deg or Guru ka Langar in Sikh Gurudwaras as it does not meet their 'Bibek' requirements. That sounds very Brahminical and 'holier than thou'. Any thoughts...

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh
This is more a sort of mental disorder and highly infectious wwhen one Sikh say he/she is higher then other Sikh or non Sikh.

i wonder why all thse years we still full into our old human ways??

We have the greatest "manual" - Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji" (much higher) on earth, and we have the most basic religion and we still stumble.

We have a ways to go...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM