• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Funny Stories #3

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
As a child, I was fascinated by electronics of all sorts, after much pleading, my father bought me a radio control car, with the words, please try not to break it. I was obsessed with taking things to bits, to see what made them work, but for another reason, I found that broken things looked beautiful, the beauty was in the functionality and understanding, not the aesthetics. Possibly this was the first showings of my antipride and antiego, but I will save that argument for another day.

We spent the next day at a relatives house, the mother being particularly religious. Upstairs on my own, and bored, I began to take the car apart. After a good hour, I had managed to remove the chassis from the base, and stuck my dads very starched turban on top. The turban was then left sitting on a long table in the room where mum and dad were staying.

Hiding behind the bed, and peeping out, I could just see dad's turban with a clear 3 metres of table in front of it. I had to wait another 30 mins before dad finally came in the room to grab his turban, as we were all going out. He reached out for it, the turban pulled forward. The look on his face was priceless. he reached out again, only this time, going for gold, I pressed the forward button for all it was worth.The Turban flew down the 3 metres of runway, and then lifted off towards the bed, as in slow motion, my father looked in shock as his turban flew off the table , crash landing on the bed, it was then he saw wheels and wires, I heard a shout 'Harry!!! I told you not to take the car apart', spying me giggling like an idiot behind the bed, he did his best attempt at looking serious whilst trying not to laugh, and shaking his head, grabbed his turban and walked out

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM