• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

From Freedom Struggle To Political Stage

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From freedom struggle to political stage[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From freedom struggle to political stage [/FONT]
Amrita Chaudhry
Monday , April 16, 2007

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ludhiana, April 15:[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Naamdharis, better known as the Kukas, take the credit for starting India's first freedom struggle in 1857, a month before the Sepoy Mutiny. This movement gradually transformed into a sect, which, in the last few years, has gained a lot of political importance. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]While in the last regime, member of the community HS Hanspal was chosen the PPCC chief, now SAD Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal is wooing the Kukas by announcing a state function on the 150th anniversary of the movement. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Interestingly, at the function organised today at Bhaini Sahib, the spiritual centre of the sect, the Chief Minister shared the stage with controversial Nihang chief Ajit Singh Poohla, VHP president Ashok Singhal and leaders of the Shiv Sena. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Kukas call Satguru Jagjit Singh their 12th Sikh Guru, against the basic tenets of the Sikhism. Dr Kehar Singh, a Sikh scholar, tracing the Kuka movement, says, "This contradiction of Kukas with Sikhism will always remain. As per Sikhism, Guru Gobind Singh was the last Guru. They also practice rituals which are not part of Sikhism. However, the Kukas have contributed a lot to the nationalistic movement, Gurbani recitation, sports, classical music, agriculture and health services." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"As far as the CM wooing them is concerned, all I can say is that he is trying to project himself as a leader of all Punjabis and not just the Sikhs," he adds. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dr Gurtej Singh, another Sikh scholar, says, "The Akalis courting the Kukas shows that they are trying to attract all communities as they have lost their Sikh base." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He says, "I have the letters written by the first Naamdhari Guru, Guru Ram Singh, in which he has announced that he is not Guru and the Guru Granth Sahib is the only Sikh Guru. However, after he passed away, the Kukas have spent all their time consolidating the 'Gurudom'. In this process, they have established the titles like 'Guru Gadhi' and 'Sache Patshah'." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lambasting Akalis, Patiala-based scholar Dr Balkar Singh says, "By holding a state function, the Akalis have accepted their (Kuka's) version of Sikhism."[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Kukas call Satguru Jagjit Singh their 12th Sikh Guru,----[/FONT]
-----

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He says, "I have the letters written by the first Naamdhari Guru, Guru Ram Singh, in which he has announced that he is not Guru and the Guru Granth Sahib is the only Sikh Guru. However, after he passed away, the Kukas have spent all their time consolidating the 'Gurudom'. In this process, they have established the titles like 'Guru Gadhi' and 'Sache Patshah'." [/FONT]
-----------------------------

Respected Veerji,

i thought that Respected Jagjit Singh Ji is their 15th Guru.

very interesting to know the thoughts of Respected Ram Singh Ji.

forgive me please

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Respected Saadh Sangat Ji,

my kooka friend sent me this data on her Gurus-

first 10 gurus as ours
following are their Guruship periods-
11th-(Guru) Balak Singh -1812-1841 (Mahant Balak Nath of Hazaro)(The Namdhari movement was founded by Balak Singh )

12th-(Guru) Ram Singh 1841-18.1.1872( Namdhari Sect was founded by Ram Singh on 12th April, 1857, at Sri Bhaini Sahib (Dist.Ludhiana, Punjab))
13th-(Guru) Hari Singh 17.1.1872-17.5.1906
14th-(Guru) Pratap Singh 17.5.1906-21.8.1959
15th-(Guru) Jagjit Singh 22.8.1959-present

their distinctive turban style was also introduced by Ram Singh Ji

does any body know are there seperate factions within Naamdharies, may be some believe only in Ram Singh Ji and then Jagjit Singh Ji.

forgive me please

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Respected saadh Sangat Ji,

This is an old news, from feb 2007, just interested me ....
it shows that Naamdharies do distort Gurbani whenever it is against their traditions, rules and regulations.....

Naamdharis Performing Keertan at Gurdwaras
Wednesday 7th of February 2007
Panthic Weekly Editors

NaamDhariDehDhari.jpg

Dhehdhari Guru of the Naamdharis Jagjit Sinh

The last month has seen the arrival of prominent Naamdhari keertanis to the UK. They have been performing at various Guru Ghars over this period of time and have achieved support from some UK Gurdwaras and sections of the Sangat, in particular Nanaksar and Ramgharia Gurdwaras. The Gurdwara Sahibs, which allowed Naamdharis to perform keertan on the Gurdwara stage, have shown little or no regard to the Panthic Sikh Rehat Maryada. This leads to the question "Who can perform keertan in the Gurdwara?" Today, Naamdharis are performing keertan in Gurdwara Sahibs in the UK; tomorrow will we allow Radha Soamis, (Nakli) Nirankaris, or Ashutosh followers if they could play traditional Gurmat Sangeet?

Who can Perform Keertan at a Gurdwara for the Sangat?

Chapter V, Article VI of the Panthic Sikh Rehat Maryada states:

a) ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿੱਚ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਕੇਵਲ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੀ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ।
b) Only a Sikh may perform Kirtan in a congregation.
If a Sikh can only perform keertan in the Sangat then what is the basic definition of a Sikh? Can Namdharis, Radha Soamis, (Nakli) Nirankaris, Ashutosh, Sacha Sauda Dera, Piara Sinh Bhaniara etc be considered Sikhs, and therefore allow them the opportunity to perform keertan?
Chapter I, Article I of the Panthic Sikh Rehat Maryada states:

ਜੋ ਇਸਤਰੀ ਜਾਂ ਪੁਰਸ਼ ਇਕ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ, ਦਸ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬਾਨ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਤੋਂ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤਕ), ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅਤੇ ਦਸ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬਾਨ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਤੇ ਸਿੱਖਿਆ ਅਤੇ ਦਸਮੇਸ਼ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਉੱਤੇ ਨਿਸ਼ਚਾ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਹੋਰ ਧਰਮ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਮੰਨਦਾ, ਉਹ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੈ।
Any human being who faithfully believes in
i. One Immortal Being,
ii. Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Sahib to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib,
iii. The Guru Granth Sahib,
iv. The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and
v. the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh
Just as an atheist cannot perform keertan in the Sangat, someone who does not believe in all Ten Gurus from Guru Nanak Sahib to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib cannot perform keertan. Someone who does not believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Guru or owes allegiance to any other religion cannot perform keertan. Someone who does not even believe in Amrit cannot justify allowance to perform keertan for the Sangat in any circumstance.
However, one could argue that Sikhi is universal and that Gurbani belongs to the world. Therefore, non-Sikhs should be allowed to perform keertan at Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar. Furthermore, one could quote examples of figures like Bhai Mardana Ji and the Rababis and argue that if they could perform keertan for the Sangat so why can't Muslim Rababis or musicians from other religions perform keertan for the Sangat at a Gurdwara Sahib or Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar.
The message of Gurbani is truly universal, however this cannot be used to argue that non-Sikhs should be allowed to lead the Sikh Sangat in prayers, keertan or other sewa. If we were to have a liberal attitude of "all goes" then God forbid we may witness in the future Panj Piyaare seva being performed by non-Sikhs.
Anyone who performs katha, keertan or any other sewa of Guru Sahib in the presence of the Sangat are supposed to be role models, which is why a mona or a non-Sikh cannot be a role model for Gursikhs. Hence, they have no authority to do keertan.
Anyone can do keertan at home or for themselves, but when it comes to the Gurdwaras and performing keertan for the Sangat, only Amritdhari and rehatvaan Gursikhs have this right. There is no reference to show that those who had not been initiated by the Guru were allowed to do keertan for the Sangat during Guru Ji's time. Some mischievous individuals may refer to Bhai Mardana Ji to claim that non-Sikhs or those who dishonour their hair and don't keep Rehat should be allowed to keertan. This is a ludicrous assumption.
According to Bhai Sahib Mani Singh Ji's Gyan Ratnavali and other Janam Sakhies, Bhai Mardana Ji received Charan-Pahul Amrit from Guru Nanak Sahib Ji and was initiated into Sikhi. On receiving Amrit, Guru Ji instructed Bhai Mardana Ji:
"Firstly, you are not to cut your hair.
Secondly, you are to get up early in the morning and do practice of the Sat Naam; and,
Thirdly, you are to serve hospitably the visiting devotees of God."
Unlike the Muslim Rababis claiming to be his descendents, Bhai Mardana did not consume tobacco or dishonour his hair, therefore, how can it be permissible for tobacco smokers, those who shave or trim their hair, or have not been initiated by the Guru to perform keertan for the Sangat in the Guru's presence?
People find excuses like "I have love for Guru", "Sikhi is within my heart" and "my mind is clean". Once again, anyone is free to do keertan for themselves for example at home, and have the right to join the Sangat, but one must follow the Path first before one starts preaching it on the Gurdwara stage.
Distortion of Gurbani by Naamdharis

The possible reasons for allowing Naamdharis to perform keertan could be due to the following factors that they may 1) bow to Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee, 2) say the Guru's Fateh, and 3) stand in Ardaas. However, has everyone been lulled into a false sense that perhaps these Naamdharis are not worshippers of a Dehdhari Guru who claims to be the rightful holder of Guru Nanak's throne?

During Aasaa Dee Vaar, Naamdharis are guilty of distortion of Gurbani on the lines:
ਨੀਲ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਲੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਹਿਰੇ ਤੁਰਕ ਪਠਾਣੀ ਅਮਲੁ ਕੀਆ ।।
neel basathr lae kaparrae pehirae thurak pat(h)aanee amal keeaa ||
"Men began to wear blue robes and garments; Turks and Pat'haans assumed power." (470)
The Naamdharis say ਫਾੜੇ (tear) in place of ਪਹਿਰੇ (wear). This totally changes the meaning of the line; the intentional distortion could possibly because Naamdharis don't believe in wearing blue colour clothing.
This intentional distortion of Gurbani is apparent from an old Aasa Dee Vaar recording by the prominent Naamdhari keertanis that are now touring the UK :

(Double-Click play button to listen to audio)

Sangat members who have heard the prominent Naamdhari keertanis perform keertan in London have confirmed that the Naamdhari keertani distorted Gurbani. One person said, "I went to an Aasaa Dee Vaar programme at the newly opened West Ealing Gurdwara on February 4th 2007, where Baljit Singh Gurmeet Singh were doing keertan… When they got that specific tukh (from Aasa Dee Vaar), Gurmeet Singh froze. The line was completely missed out. There was a silence of about 5 seconds, and Gurmeet Singh started an alaap on the next line."
The recording from the 4th February 2007 is below:

(Double-Click play button to listen to audio)

We must remember Seventh Nanak, Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji, disowned his own son and excommunicated him from the Panth after he intentionally distorted one word from Gurbani. However, today's Gurdwara Management Committees are allowing those who don't believe Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji should be on the throne of Guru Nanak, who believe that their self-proclaimed Satguru is the 15th incarnation of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, practice Havans and Bipran Kee Reet, and intentionally distort a word in Gurbani to perform keertan on our Gurdwara because they have knowledge of Gurmat Sangeet. May God help us all, and may Guru Sahib and generations to come forgive us welcoming and allowing such Manmat to prevail in the House of Guru Nanak.

Editors can be reached at editors@panthic.org

forgive me please

Oct 27, 2008
Respected Surinder Kaur ji, I am a Namdhari so first of all Sat Sri Akal,I have read your views about Namdhari's so I am trying to reply you May be then also you will not agree with me But I think It is my duty to clear some doubts you have about us
So I am writting Few Pankti from Granth Sahib Ji. Ank No. 306 you can also read it & then you can reply also in which it is written GAURI DI VAAR SALOK MAHALLA 4:
MALL ZUN PARRIYA,NILA KALA KHIDOLRA TIN VEMUKH VEMUKHUE PAAYA.PAAS NA DEYI KOI BEHAN JAGAD MAIY,GOH PARRSAGVI MAL LAYE MAN MUKH AAYE!

So you have rightly written that our 7th guru has punish his son for changing the Bani, then how come 10th guruji oppose the Bani, it is true that during the war with Turks guru ji do wear Blue colours that is also some turks named Gani Khan who is a follower of Guru ji suggest to wear those & after escaping from turks guru ji Tore these clothes & do write in Dasam granth NIL BASTAR LE KAPADEY PHADEY TURK PATHANI AMAL GAYA I can also send you the copy from it

The whole life guru ji wear white clothes & also give white clothes to PANJ PAYARAS Then also I am Failed to understand why sikhs always wear Blue & Black I think it is only because they assume themself what is right & wrong & what is easy to accept If you find Namdaris they are strictly following Sikhism becuse there is some one supreme if they do wrong deeds & our guru is intelactually also very much know what is written in Gurbani where as very few other sikh are aware of it
In our life also if a child has a strict mother then that child will be very smart then the child who does not have mother or whose mother is very linent then you can see the behavior of that child also Thanks Forgive me please If it hurt your feeling but will be very happy if you answer in a postive mode I am not a spokesman of Namdhari, but i am a sikh follower My Business partner is also not a Namdhari but he is a true Sikh & i really appreciate him very much as he is very very honest & always follow what gurbani say Thanks Again & Best Regards
Sat Sri Akal V-Vasdev,H-Hari, G-Gobind , R-Ram

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Dhanwant Singh Ji,

Sat Sri Akaal.
Tore the clothes still doesn't make sense.
Wear and practise makes complete sense to me.

Oct 27, 2008
Sat Sri Akal ji, you have written that tore the clothes Does not make sense,It is clearly written in page no.306. that Blue & Black colour clothes which were usually wore by Muslims& pathans while fighting,those clothes were full of zuan & Mull that is insects&**** & those people who wore that clothes are Bemukh i.e. not believer of Guru & its baniSo when it is clearly written & then why 10th guru ji will oppose the Bani who himself is aTrue believer of Bani.He only wore those colour clothes for escaping from the TURKS & it was suggested by GANI KHAN After That Guru ji himself tore those Clothes & write that NEEL BASTAR LAY KAPADAY PHADE TURK PATHANI AMAL GAYA i.e when he tore Blue colour clothes the impact of toring of clothes results in the vichars of Turks also gone with that. But some people who has seen guru ji with those clothesStarting to believe that Guru ji while Fighting in the war do wear only Blue colour clothes but they never try or ready to believe that it is only the Trick played by our beloved Guru & he has not write any where to wear those clothes but do oppose to wear Blue clothes which all Sikh like to wear That is why Dehtari guru is required so that correct mean of Bani should be obtain--SATSRIAKAL

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Sat Sri Akal ji,
That is why Dehtari guru is required so that correct mean of Bani should be obtain--SATSRIAKAL

1. I am not aware of Namdharis and their practices but as a matter of curosity, it would be enlightening to know as to what is the status given to the Granth sahib ji, by the Namdharis.

2.As a sikh, I do agree that we need interpreters of bani but we need not call them as Gurus as it seemingly equates them with the Ten Gurus of sikhs. This should be the function/duty of the committees of the Gurudwaras only.We, the sikhs of Ten Gurus, feel that we have a living jyot in the Granth sahib ji only.

What is the view point of Namdharis on this aspect.?

Kindly reply at your convenience.

Regards and ignore anything that is objectionable.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
OK, I see your view point now. Tell me what do you think about Neeldhari Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji, I believe he was ex-communicated by Namdhari Satguru for giving more importance to SGGS than the Living Satguru himself. Please clarify.

Sat Sri Akal ji, you have written that tore the clothes Does not make sense,It is clearly written in page no.306. that Blue & Black colour clothes which were usually wore by Muslims& pathans while fighting,those clothes were full of zuan & Mull that is insects&**** & those people who wore that clothes are Bemukh i.e. not believer of Guru & its baniSo when it is clearly written & then why 10th guru ji will oppose the Bani who himself is aTrue believer of Bani.He only wore those colour clothes for escaping from the TURKS & it was suggested by GANI KHAN After That Guru ji himself tore those Clothes & write that NEEL BASTAR LAY KAPADAY PHADE TURK PATHANI AMAL GAYA i.e when he tore Blue colour clothes the impact of toring of clothes results in the vichars of Turks also gone with that. But some people who has seen guru ji with those clothesStarting to believe that Guru ji while Fighting in the war do wear only Blue colour clothes but they never try or ready to believe that it is only the Trick played by our beloved Guru & he has not write any where to wear those clothes but do oppose to wear Blue clothes which all Sikh like to wear That is why Dehtari guru is required so that correct mean of Bani should be obtain--SATSRIAKAL

Dhanwant Singh ji,

The shabads that you speak on by Guru Ram Das ji do not oppose the color blue or black, what Guru Ram Das ji oppose is the faithless baymukh. On this person being the faithless baymukh makes what he wears filled with filth and vermin. But the filth does not come from the color blue or black, the filth comes from the person and is transfered from the faithless baymukh to the coat, which happened to be blue-black.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

My humble question to you Dhanwant Singh ji
Is this Guru Nanak's Shabad interpreted by your living Guru?
If answer is "yes", your Guru has problem to understand Guru Nanak, if your answer is "no", then it is fair to say that though you have "DEHDHARI GURU", to understand Gurbani, still you need lessons because the color of clothes mentioned in Guru Vaak is used to qualify that class of rulers. Reread the whole Shabad, it is not about what you say.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
1. I am not aware of Namdharis and their practices but as a matter of curosity, it would be enlightening to know as to what is the status given to the Granth sahib ji, by the Namdharis.

2.As a sikh, I do agree that we need interpreters of bani but we need not call them as Gurus as it seemingly equates them with the Ten Gurus of sikhs. This should be the function/duty of the committees of the Gurudwaras only.We, the sikhs of Ten Gurus, feel that we have a living jyot in the Granth sahib ji only.

What is the view point of Namdharis on this aspect.?

Kindly reply at your convenience.

Regards and ignore anything that is objectionable.

Reply awaited.

Oct 27, 2008
OK, I see your view point now. Tell me what do you think about Neeldhari Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji, I believe he was ex-communicated by Namdhari Satguru for giving more importance to SGGS than the Living Satguru himself. Please clarify.
Thanks for writting this question,Neeldhari sikhs are those who are of the followers of Satguru Ram Singh ji ,We also appreciates Sant Baba Harnam Singh ji, of his Nam Simaran & of his Bhagti & Sadhna,He is a very highly respectable by all Namdharis we never excommunicated them but as they are of the believe that they will not follow after Satguru Ram Singh Ji any Living Guru They have thier point that if we are of the belief that Satguru Ram Singh Ji is alive & he will again come in the same Kaya then we only worship him no any other guru,So my dear this is the answer to you first of all we never Excommunicated them secondly we both religion are of the believe that Sat guru Ram Singh ji still alive & we Namdhari also worship Granth Sahib Ji as the Supreme power this power is spread by our living Guru ji So we all are Sikhs & all are of the follower of the Supreme Bani so dear no Hate for any religions ---THANKS

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
I have personally witnessed Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji matha tek to SGGS at Gurdwara Sahib Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Bangkok. He was accompanied by many Namdharis who usually do matha tek to SGGS in the Gurdwara. But this is not the case in the Namdhari Temple. Nobody matha tek to SGGS even though there is parkash done.

Is bowing to SGGS an option ?

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Dhanwant Singh Ji,

Where can I find 35 Akhri da Paath online ?

Can you state the types of banis which are in reading practice in your Namdhari community but are non-existent in main-stream Sikhism ? Also state who wrote those banis ?

Oct 27, 2008
Dhanwant Singh ji,

The shabads that you speak on by Guru Ram Das ji do not oppose the color blue or black, what Guru Ram Das ji oppose is the faithless baymukh. On this person being the faithless baymukh makes what he wears filled with filth and vermin. But the filth does not come from the color blue or black, the filth comes from the person and is transfered from the faithless baymukh to the coat, which happened to be blue-black.
Thanks for writting, The shabad which I speak is by our supreme Sarguru Sri Guru Ram Dass Ji who is aware of all Past & Future you will be agree with me. Now the point is that Guru ji has mention these two colours & according to you that guru ji oppose Baymukh & the clothes are no concern with the Filth ,Vermin these are only in Person to Person , & Guru ji has only indicated these colours comparing to the different person.But My dear veerji There are several other examples where Guru ji has compare Gurmukh with Manmukh(Baymukh) but he never used the name of any colours, As earlier I have mention that he is the master of every thing He knew that Blue Colour is wear by only Pathans & Black is the colour of Dirt that is why he has used only these two colours that in future we his follower should not wear these colour clothes but i am sorry to say that most of our sikh brother loves to wear these two colours clothes but on thier head also where as if you research about this & you will relize that Guru has a point in stating about these colours then why should we wear these . Example is a very simple that Black colour clothes can be wear for many -many days & there is no need to wash where as if white colour is to be wear next day you have to wash it I think you will get answer by your self if you think it again. If you are hurt by my theory then i am very sorry-Sat Sri akal,Any other question Plaese feel free to write

Thanks for writting, The shabad which I speak is by our supreme Sarguru Sri Guru Ram Dass Ji who is aware of all Past & Future you will be agree with me. Now the point is that Guru ji has mention these two colours & according to you that guru ji oppose Baymukh & the clothes are no concern with the Filth ,Vermin these are only in Person to Person , & Guru ji has only indicated these colours comparing to the different person.But My dear veerji There are several other examples where Guru ji has compare Gurmukh with Manmukh(Baymukh) but he never used the name of any colours, As earlier I have mention that he is the master of every thing He knew that Blue Colour is wear by only Pathans & Black is the colour of Dirt that is why he has used only these two colours that in future we his follower should not wear these colour clothes but i am sorry to say that most of our sikh brother loves to wear these two colours clothes but on thier head also where as if you research about this & you will relize that Guru has a point in stating about these colours then why should we wear these . Example is a very simple that Black colour clothes can be wear for many -many days & there is no need to wash where as if white colour is to be wear next day you have to wash it I think you will get answer by your self if you think it again. If you are hurt by my theory then i am very sorry-Sat Sri akal,Any other question Plaese feel free to write

Dhanwant ji

Why would I be hurt by your theory. I don't agree with it and many other Sikhs will agree with me as well. To get to what the shabad is saying I request you post the whole shabad and then we can anaylze the shabad.

Oct 27, 2008
My humble question to you Dhanwant Singh ji
Is this Guru Nanak's Shabad interpreted by your living Guru?
If answer is "yes", your Guru has problem to understand Guru Nanak, if your answer is "no", then it is fair to say that though you have "DEHDHARI GURU", to understand Gurbani, still you need lessons because the color of clothes mentioned in Guru Vaak is used to qualify that class of rulers. Reread the whole Shabad, it is not about what you say.
Thanks for writting ,first of all our Guru ji has never interpreted any Granth Sahib ji,but i must add that he himself is atrue lover of bani & never allow any body to utter a word against it so you must be very clear of this point
Second about the bani I speak is the context from Granth Sahib ji which has a full mean in it self that there is a person name called TAPA who was a son of GONDA by whose name Sri GOINDWAL SAHIB Ji has named by satguru ji
Tapa has become baymukh to guru ji then he was force to wear Blue Black colours full of fielths vermin &so on by the people who were of the view that guru ji is the supreme power then TAPA go to the AKBAR who was the ruler of our country & made complinte against the guruji ,Akbar asked that with whome you have complaint then one of his Mantri told Akbar that he is lodging complaint against that guru where you have gone with Bare foots & you have won the chittorgarh Kila with His blessing then Akbar also give punishment to TAPA So Guru ji write a Bani inthis context NILA KALA KHIDOLRA tin beymukh bemukhey payaya______ so To me it is appear that our Beloved guru has pointed that never wear Blue Black colour clothes I don't know you will agree with me or not But i find all the sikh love to wear those clothes which were wear by TAPA-Thanks & Sat Sri Akal

Oct 27, 2008
Dhanwant ji

Why would I be hurt by your theory. I don't agree with it and many other Sikhs will agree with me as well. To get to what the shabad is saying I request you post the hole shabad and then we can anaylze the shabad.
Thanks for your quick reply About the bani I speak is the context from Granth Sahib ji Page No 306 you also can read there the meaning i can write is that there is a person name called TAPA who was a son of GONDA by whose name Sri GOINDWAL SAHIB Ji has named by satguru ji
Tapa has become baymukh to Guru ji then he was force to wear Blue Black colours full of fielths vermin &so on by the people who were of the view that Guru ji is the supreme power then TAPA go to the AKBAR who was the ruler of our country & made complinte against the guruji ,Akbar asked that with whome you have complaint then one of his Mantri told Akbar that he is lodging complaint against that Guru where you have gone with Bare foots & you have won the chittorgarh Kila with His blessing then Akbar also give punishment to TAPA So Guru ji write a Bani inthis context NILA KALA KHIDOLRA tin beymukh bemukhey payaya______ so To me it is appear that our Beloved Guru has pointed that never wear Blue Black colour clothes I don't know you will agree with me or not But i find all the Sikh love to wear those clothes which were wear by TAPA-Thanks & Sat Sri Akal

Oct 27, 2008
I have personally witnessed Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji matha tek to SGGS at Gurdwara Sahib Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Bangkok. He was accompanied by many Namdharis who usually do matha tek to SGGS in the Gurdwara. But this is not the case in the Namdhari Temple. Nobody matha tek to SGGS even though there is parkash done.

Is bowing to SGGS an option ?
Thanks for writting Dear Nam Jap ji. if you have witness our Guru ji matha tekna to Your SGGS i think you must not doubt about any namdhari not mathatakena to Granth Sahib ji which is a pavitar Bani of all our SupremeSatguruji,In our Gurudwara if you come then you will find a special room for Granth Sahib ji & a person who is always namsimran will be there & it is the duty repeated by our namdhari Sikhs all the time
I can assure you that all namdhari has great regards to Granth Sahib Ji ---Thanks & SAT SRI AKAL

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM