• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Faith: Chill Pill Vendors

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Humans as a thinking life form on earth have limited knowledge of what goes on around life forms, cosmos, creation of life and its journey through times. Such lack of knowledge has created a void that needs to be filled in a thinking brain.

It is worth noting that religions or faiths try to attempt to fill this void. The four largest religions in the world in descending order are,

• Christianity ~ about 2 Billion
  • Islam ~ about 1.5 Billion
  • Buddhism ~ about 1 Billion
  • Hinduism ~ about 1 Billion
Note: Atheism or the like probably are a large unknown number too. It is also worth noting that atheistic attitude is even more aggressive that such a void is not even recognized. It is supported by other stilts like here and now, scientific proof, doing versus spiritual thinking, etc. Again very inherently attractive and potent leading to continuous and substantial growth spawned through communistic influences from the past in terms of religious aspects.
It is wrong to state that the people following or adhering to these are misguided or otherwise deficient. Is it that they are smarter and they have taken the easiest of solutions and taken the "Faith Chill Pill"! Faith allows you to put aside questions, thinking effort, time commitment, etc. You believe and get on with the rest of life.

Do these religions have this magic chill pill that attracts or there is something else?

I believe it is the "Chill Pill" that allows you to defer your thinking faculties to purveyors of these religions.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ambarsaria ji

Only a paltry reply from me, as I cannot think of more to say. Some of the chill comes from the fact that these faiths are very old and established. Beliefs become so ingrained no one thinks much. Part of the chill comes from the fact that these faiths also dominate countries and cultures politically. If you are in the proverbial catbird's seat, as a political dominant, you don't have to think...until of course the world around you changes in dramatically ways. I marvel that there are theologians, philosophers, and scholars, as well as common people, who live the experience of Christianity or Islam and actually do make time and energy to think and ask provocative questions about the purpose of life, their relationship with deity, their obligations to others, the nature of morality. They make themselves uncomfortable when they do not have to.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM