• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ek Onkar -Translation

Aug 28, 2010
Re: ek onkar-Translation

SPNADMIN
DIVINE GREETINGS,
I do feel people are not getting to my point of view for very simple reasons that my views are not being considered with the significance of grammer.
I never refered to the concept of GOD in Gurbaani. In fact I myself had questioned about the concept of GOD in Gurbaani reference.In stead of finding so people change their topic and present again the concept of GOD.
I have always been telling about the concept of SHABADu GUROO JOTi.All my references of SINGULAR or PLURAL are related to GUROO JOTi only. When people themselves relate the word GOD confusion is bound to be there.
As a matter of fact I am not getting the type of interaction as it should be.Sometimes I myself feel as to why this interaction should be done when people are not interested in Gurbaani Grammer at all'
I must give a serious thaught to this.I must interact only with those who firmly believe
that there is certainly a role of Grammer in Gurbaani understanding.Otherwise my whole exercise is just futile.
I must seek your advice on this .I look forward to it
Thanking you,
With regards to all
Prakash.s.Bagga

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Re: ek onkar-Translation

Prakash Ji,
You are right in that grammar is vital. I think there is a concern as without discussion of how the grammar changes our understanding, study of grammar is futile. We appreciate your knowledge. However, if you could relate your interpretation in understanding in addition to the rules we would be grateful.

For example, you have said there is a difference in Ekaankar, Ikonkaar etc but have not explained how this affects the message that Guru Nanak Dev Ji is trying to impart. With each assertion of teh correct grammar, it is important to help the lay person understand why this is important with reference to understanding and just stating the differences does not do this.
Regards,
Jasleen

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Paraksh S Baggu ji

I have moved some of your replies off forum to the Leaders section.

With folded hands we have asked you in many different ways and on several different threads to move beyond a discussion of grammar.

Most who are following these threads including Japji translaiton, Ek Oankaar Translation, and the Meaning of Sat Nam, understand that grammar is important. But now it is time to return to the original purpose of the threads where you have been posting.

Beyond grammar means to proceed to gurmat vichaar. You are actually preventing threads from progressing and in some cases diverting the discussion from original reasons for the thread. It is essential that grammar be understood. No one is disputing that. It is also essential that threads become places where broader learning occurs .

Learning cannot be limited to the agenda of one member. Learning cannot be cut off from the interests and concerns of everyone else. Please do not thwart and frustrate the purpose of these threads.

I have created one thread in Leaders where all your posts from now on will be moved until we can decide the best way to organize your message, and then publish it.

Thank you

Aug 28, 2010
SPNADMIN,
Divine Greetings
I have taken the note of your posting.I fully appreciate your views and I have also understood the purpose of different threads.
I assure you I will not make my postings unless I am asked for.
With best wishes ,
Thanking you
Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
Ref Pronunciation of the SYMBOL
If we give proper look into Gurbaani we would find that Nowhere the word ONKAAR has been reffered as EK or IK.We must look at actually has been reffered as IKu in Gurbaani this would help in correct understanding of the Pronunciation of the SYMBOL.
We can look at the problem of Pronunciation of the SYMBOL from the fact that we have been considering NUMERICAL Number as SEPARATE and we have componded the words OUM and KAAR as ONKAAR so we prounounce as EK or IK ONKAAR. If this is So then there is no prblem with the pronunciation as IK or EK ONKAAR'
But the fact from Gurbaani is quite different.So we must look into this.

Prakash.S.Bagga

minto singh

SPNer
May 3, 2020
Re: ek onkar- Translation

Dear Manish Mahajan.

Welcome to this form!

I am providing one of the popular Translation of the Gubani you asked for . It is the First Bani /Opening part of Sri Guru Granth Sahib . I hope it helps

ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ

ੴ सति नामु करता पुरखु निरभउ निरवैरु अकाल मूरति अजूनी सैभं गुर प्रसादि ॥
ik-oNkaar sat naam kartaa purakh nirbha-o nirvair akaal moorat ajoonee saibhaN gur parsaad.
One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~

ਜਪੁ
॥ जपु ॥
jap.
Chant And Meditate:

ਆਦਿ ਸਚੁ ਜੁਗਾਦਿ ਸਚੁ
आदि सचु जुगादि सचु ॥
aad sach jugaad sach.
True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.

ਹੈ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਸੀ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ॥੧॥
है भी सचु नानक होसी भी सचु ॥१॥
hai bhee sach naanak hosee bhee sach. ||1||
True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1||

ਸੋਚੈ ਸੋਚਿ ਹੋਵਈ ਜੇ ਸੋਚੀ ਲਖ ਵਾਰ
सोचै सोचि न होवई जे सोची लख वार ॥
sochai soch na hova-ee jay sochee lakh vaar.
By thinking, He cannot be reduced to thought, even by thinking hundreds of thousands of times.

ਚੁਪੈ ਚੁਪ ਹੋਵਈ ਜੇ ਲਾਇ ਰਹਾ ਲਿਵ ਤਾਰ
चुपै चुप न होवई जे लाइ रहा लिव तार ॥
chupai chup na hova-ee jay laa-ay rahaa liv taar.
By remaining silent, inner silence is not obtained, even by remaining lovingly absorbed deep within.

ਭੁਖਿਆ ਭੁਖ ਉਤਰੀ ਜੇ ਬੰਨਾ ਪੁਰੀਆ ਭਾਰ
भुखिआ भुख न उतरी जे बंना पुरीआ भार ॥
bhukhi-aa bhukh na utree jay bannaa puree-aa bhaar.
The hunger of the hungry is not appeased, even by piling up loads of worldly goods.

ਸਹਸ ਸਿਆਣਪਾ ਲਖ ਹੋਹਿ ਇਕ ਚਲੈ ਨਾਲਿ
सहस सिआणपा लख होहि त इक न चलै नालि ॥
sahas si-aanpaa lakh hohi ta ik na chalai naal.
Hundreds of thousands of clever tricks, but not even one of them will go along with you in the end.

ਕਿਵ ਸਚਿਆਰਾ ਹੋਈਐ ਕਿਵ ਕੂੜੈ ਤੁਟੈ ਪਾਲਿ
किव सचिआरा होईऐ किव कूड़ै तुटै पालि ॥
kiv sachi-aaraa ho-ee-ai kiv koorhai tutai paal.
So how can you become truthful? And how can the veil of illusion be torn away?

ਹੁਕਮਿ ਰਜਾਈ ਚਲਣਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਨਾਲਿ ॥੧॥
हुकमि रजाई चलणा नानक लिखिआ नालि ॥१॥
hukam rajaa-ee chalnaa naanak likhi-aa naal. ||1||
O Nanak, it is written that you shall obey the Hukam of His Command, and walk in the Way of His Will. ||1||

Jatinder Singh

Jatinder Singh Ji, Sat Sri Akaal Ji, Deepest thanks for the translation. Is it possible to upload complete untill...
naanak tay mukh ujlay kaytee chhutee naal. ||1||

If not, cud you suggest the webpage for complete translation as above.

Minto Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: