• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Doing Parkash Of SGGS At Home?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I find for me there is something else that rises above respect and rituals. It is "Love of and Enjoyment of". If in your heart, you feel love for the beauty of the teachings and writings, I believe you have gone way beyond respect without understanding, which many a times translates into rituals. Similarly I believe one should be enjoying and learning from the wonderful writings and teachings. If it is a chore, a habit or forced without aspect of enjoyment, then again it starts to move towards ritual and conformance and much less than enjoyment.

Personally I am outwardly and also intrinsically respectful of Gutkas and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in paper binding form. Online I am inquisitive, seeker and more in the learning and enjoying mode. I don't feel online or other media other than paper I would be excessively attached to in terms of showing or feeling respect for the medium. Be it iPods, e-readers, tablets, CDs/DVDs, etc.

Just some thoughts and not to offend anyone.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: