• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do You See Differences Or Similarities ?

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Written by Urbanist on September 12th, 2007 - Topics: 7 Wonders, Architecture, Urban, Urban Images, Various
A wealth of human history lies submerged in ancient cities at the bottoms of lakes, seas and oceans of the world. Some of these were sent into the water via earthquakes, tsunamis or other disasters thousands of years ago. Many have just recently been rediscovered, by accident or through emergent technological innovations. Some have even caused scientists to question the history of human civilization ( quote namjapji)
WISMAAD
ਵਿਸਮਾਦੁ ਪਉਣੁ ਵਿਸਮਾਦੁ ਪਾਣੀ ਵਿਸਮਾਦੁ ਅਗਨੀ ਖੇਡਹਿ ਵਿਡਾਣੀ ਵਿਸਮਾਦੁ ਧਰਤੀ ਵਿਸਮਾਦੁ ਖਾਣੀ ਵਿਸਮਾਦੁ ਸਾਦਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਪਰਾਣੀ .......
Wonderful is Thy wind and wonderful Thy water. Wonderful is Thy fire, which works wonders. Wonderful is the earth and wonderful the sources of production. Wonderful are the revelments to which the mortals are attached.
ਕਿਤੇ ਪਉਣ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਕਿਤੇ ਪਾਣੀ ਹੈ, ਕਿਤੇ ਕਈ ਅਗਨੀਆਂ ਅਚਰਜ ਖੇਡਾਂ ਕਰ ਰਹੀਆਂ ਹਨ; ਧਰਤੀ ਤੇ ਧਰਤੀ ਦੇ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਦੀ ਉਤਪੱਤੀ ਦੀਆਂ ਚਾਰ ਖਾਣੀਆਂ-ਇਹ ਕੁਦਰਤ ਵੇਖ ਕੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਥੱਰਾਹਟ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ। ਜੀਵ ਪਦਾਰਥਾਂ ਦੇ ਸੁਆਦ ਵਿਚ ਲੱਗ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ.......
NO WONDER HE IS NAMED INEXPRESSIBLE( AKATH), BECAUSE HE IS

Last edited by a moderator:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
The similarities which I'm going to highlight are :-

a) I wonder if they thought about bricks (clay bricks) at that time.
b) how come all these ancient cities used massive size building blocks for the city walls.
c) most of the buildings are pyramid shaped. Is there any truth about space ships landing on pyramid structures ?

Can someone bring out more similarities ?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Not a similarity but maybe connection, NamJap ji.

The Atlantic ocean did not extend as far down long ago as it does now. Africa and South America were connected. The separation occurred slowly over time. The ocean may have been much narrower when African and South American civilizations were developing. Maritime travel may have caused a sharing of cultural influences. So there may have been more cross currents of knowledge than we recognize.

Also a pyramid is a stable structure and engineers in two civilizations could have realized that independently. Just like the water wheel -- you remember that -- was probably invented independently in Greece and Asia Minor and in China independently. These are step pyramids I believe.

Anyway, the space invader hypothesis continually comes up because it is spookier than the idea that plain ingenuity may be the answer.

Not a similarity but maybe connection, NamJap ji.

The Atlantic ocean did not extend as far down long ago as it does now. Africa and South America were connected. The separation occurred slowly over time. The ocean may have been much narrower when African and South American civilizations were developing. Maritime travel may have caused a sharing of cultural influences. So there may have been more cross currents of knowledge than we recognize.

Nope, don't see any type of direct connection. Gondwana separated into Africa and Southamerica from a period of 500 to 200 Ma ago.

so direct connenction between the continents can be ruled out, because no humans existed back then.

and since human civilization (non-nomadic) has been around for about 25000-10000 B.C.E the continents have shifted little from their current position.

so relatively the ocean was narrower when the civilizations were developing but only by a couple of feet...as compared to their present orientation.

Also a pyramid is a stable structure and engineers in two civilizations could have realized that independently. Just like the water wheel -- you remember that -- was probably invented independently in Greece and Asia Minor and in China independently. These are step pyramids I believe.

this is most likely the case

Anyway, the space invader hypothesis continually comes up because it is spookier than the idea that plain ingenuity may be the answer.

ingenuity :happy:

cheers

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Chaos Theory ?
I smell Sinister Ji coming this way.
Mathematical calculation..... let the man, Sinister fill you on this !!!:D

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Chaos Theory ?
I smell Sinister Ji coming this way.
Mathematical calculation..... let the man, Sinister fill you on this !!!:D

Namjap ji,

Any formula that creates a system with sensitive dependence on initial conditions is a logistical equation that can explain or represent chaos theory.

Your confidence in my arithmetic capabilities is quite flattering but there is no possible way I could explain all of chaos theory with formulas, because a skilled chaos mathematician could come up with more variables and applications than the hairs on my head. (but, I can give you a little nibble of what I know)…what is your background?

The essential prerequisites needed to understand the most basic chaos theorems includes single-variable calculus, curve-sketching, Taylor series and separable differential equations. In a few places, multivariable calculus is needed (Partial derivatives, Jacobian Matrix, divergeance theorem), you need to know linear algebra (eigenvalues and eigenvectors), need to know Fourier Ananlysis and of co{censored}… introductory physics.

All equations that help explain chaos theory are non-linear (Non-linearity is a mathematical way of saying that different dynamical degrees of freedom (the variables) “act on” each other and on themselves so that a given degree of freedom evolves not in a fixed environment but in an environment that itself changes with time). Chaos equations are all non-linear, they can be Bifurcated, Fractal or exhibit something called Complexity (all chaos systems must have negative and positive feedback systems existing in extreme complexity).

For example…the way in which your lungs and blood vessels bifurcate during development can be explained using chaos theory and mathematical models.
Eg: Koch Curve Fractal (I’ll let you research this if you are interested)
http://www.arcytech.org/java/fractals/koch.shtml

Been a long time since I’ve visited any of them.

But let me dig up some more Bifurcation for explaining biological systems (simplest of many chaos representations)

X(n+1) = R X(n) (1-X(n)) often used in explaining populations
http://hornacek.coa.edu/dave/Chaos/orbits.html

where R is a parameter, and X(n) is the variable at the nth iteration with value between 1 and 0, and n can be considered as the running variable.

It is a recursive equation, which generates a new value from the previous value. It can be used as a simple model for species population with no predators, but limited food supply (a human race without disease, war and predator deaths). In this case, the population is a number between 0 and 1, where 1 represents the maximum possible population and 0 represents extinction. R is the growth rate, and n is the generation number.
For more information I found this page: http://universe-review.ca/R01-09-chaos.htm

There are many more mathematical representations that represent chaos theory… most are extremely complex, many are well over my head and my areas of expertise.

Its applied everywhere nowadays…

Research something called Lorenz’s Waterwheel!!!
He explains the workings of a leaky waterwheel and why it exhibits chaotic motion (keeping in continuity with our previous discussion on water wheels)

Its wild…here is an excellent simulation of the waterwheel (bottom of the page…must be downloaded)

http://public.globalnet.hr/~gvlahovi/lorenz/lorenzww_eng.htm

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Pea{censored}'s feather !!!

Sinister Ji,

Thank you for your very valid response. My understanding about maths and physics is surface curiosity. The formula e mean nothing to me but I've seen one other person who has genuine interest in physics - a new member - abc.def
I discussed time dilation with him but he went even further and I'm at a loss.

Pea{censored}'s feather !!!

Sinister Ji,

Thank you for your very valid response. My understanding about maths and physics is surface curiosity. The formula e mean nothing to me but I've seen one other person who has genuine interest in physics - a new member - abc.def
I discussed time dilation with him but he went even further and I'm at a loss.

whos that? what post is that again?

maybe i can take a jab at it..see what the commotion is all about

cheers bro

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: