• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
So there is no restriction if you take the "wrong" road?
Seeker9 veer ji I believe Amarjit Singh Bamrah ji has tried many religions and may also through work have gone to Mecca. But I am sure he will clarify. I would feel very uncomfortable taking the wrong road myself not that I am scared of death.

Sat Sri Akal.

Jan 17, 2012
london uk
Seeker9 veer ji I believe Amarjit Singh Bamrah ji has tried many religions and may also through work have gone to Mecca. But I am sure he will clarify. I would feel very uncomfortable taking the wrong road myself not that I am scared of death.

Sat Sri Akal.

Paji Satnaam

I have not tried many religions. I have studied them and looked at them.

I am born a Sikh and am happy with this. However I have learned to limit ourself that God is only in Religion, this takes our power away.

From the many divine experiences I have had, I have been
taught time and time again by the divine the only religion is that of Love
and respect for all.

Our main hurdles are our internal conditioning/traumas from past lives which we have to release to allow communication with our God head.

Our Godhead within us awakes potently when we practice
Unconditional love for all Living and inert things, and also observe some Disciplines.

Even inert things have a conciousness and speak when God's grace graces us.
Maybe I will post some of my experiences later, I do not know how they will be taken thoug!

I think I will post this to the other thread as well where Harry has asked me a question.

Amarjit

The Holy Bible : Acts 17:24-25 God that made the world
and all things therein,
seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshiped with men's hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
=============================================================================
What a profound consciousness to see God in all things at all times. To understand that “in him we live, and move, and have our being” (Act 17:28 Bhagavad Gita ).

It is not the spirit that is perishable, but its wrappings, the various sheaths or bodies. Yet, the spirit is “perishable” in its experience of those bodies until it awakens to its true nature. In this verse Brahman is called “Kutashtha,” which means changeless, immutable, and “dweller in the height (or on the summit).”

Unlike Brahman, we “dwell” in the “bottom lands” and undergo suffering and change. “This is the most sacred of all the truths I have taught you. He who has realized it becomes truly wise. The purpose of his life is fulfilled.” (Bhagavad Gita 15:20)

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Veer Amarjit Singh Bamrah ji thanks for your post.
PS. I have been to Holy Mecca and paid my respects to the Holy Shrine.
Can you please explain in normally understood meaning of English language if you did or did not go to Mecca or this was another one of those where Mecca came to you and said ......

It appears you are like a honeycomb where many hallucinatives bees with ideas and personifications just come so often to visit. Bizarre but I bet very exciting.

Amarjit Singh Bamrah ji what follows is not to say anything about you but the general subject of hallucinative tendencies in middle to early old age adults:

I have likened it to long term effects of drug abuse from way way back as I have run into such personalities/friends and they almost univerally lead back to experimental drugs of decades ago. The blank look. The delayed reaction to verbal dialog. The disconnected response to dialog.

For example: One may say look at the black cat and the response is I had cornflakes in the morningg.

This is absolutely to not flag such for anyone specific at spn but just an observation I want to share that I have come across.
Sat Sri akal. peacesign

PS: Regarding religions veer ji you yourself posted a way back how you have experienced Hinduism, Islam, Christianity. To that end I wll think you would have been allowed into their holy places versus say Sikhs or Jews in Mecca.

Last edited:

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Some personal observations:

Love all, Serve All is one of the key teachings/banner statements from Sai Baba

As I have said before, each to their own

Nothing wrong with the concept of respecting our fellow humans and their chosen paths......so long as they keep it to themselves

But it doesn't mean I have to agree with every tenet of every faith. Such a thing would not be possible as there are too many contradictions between them......

Eat meat vs don't eat meat
Kill the animal slow to cleanse it vs kill it fast to minimise suffering
Jesus was the son of God vs Jesus was a great but human prophet
Resurrection VS Reincarnation
etc etc

So by all means let's all respect each other's chosen paths in the global village but let's also recognise the great diversity that exists and not try to put everyone/everything in a beautifully uniform pigeon hole

Jan 17, 2012
london uk
Veer Amarjit Singh Bamrah ji thanks for your post.Can you please expalin in normally understood meaning of English language if you did or did not go to Mecca or this was another one of those where Mecca came to you and said ......

It appears you are like a honeycomb where many hallucinatives bees with ideas and personifications just come so often to visit. Bizarre but I bet very exciting.

Paji

You are great, You bring much love and humour into this forum.
This is beautiful

I was not going to answer your question as it would behard for you to understand my answer however as you haveasked again I will answer.

I was asked to help a sick Moslem lady, mother of one of our staff. He asked for help for her and asked if we could pray to god for her as she was quite ill.

We were channelling healing into her when Shirdi Baba ( Moslem Baba in 1900 century) appeared,he said come with me Amarjit and the next minute we were paying our respect in Mecca walking the Holy divine Circle!

He then brought me back again.

And she did recover from her illness! for God gave her much grace.

These are not illusions, nor are they hallucinations, nor are they hypnotic trances.

When we open our senses and unconditional love for god miracles start happening alll the time.

I do not drink nor take drugs.

I just want to sing God's praises day and night.

Every breath love God

amarjit

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Amarjit Singh ji

The only religion is love and respect for all.
I agree with this comment and used to even live by it one time.

As I was growing up I was quite confused with my mixture of religious exposure. Eventually I decided to just love and respect all things that are and from the creator.
I started to believe that man made religions were a hindrance on a path I felt I could take as a sole person.

However, we don't live in the times of Adam, when all that is around us is nature with fruits and veg in one huge garden for survival along with the company of creatures.
If we were in those times, YES, I would be very successful without a belief in any faith.
(Not discussing the authenticity of Adam and Eve- this is just an explanation example)

But, times have changed and we have and keep moving on. We need to work, help, survive, plan ....etc...and in doing this living we will interact with situations and others.
These obstacles, interactions, clarifactions etc...etc.. that we encounter all need addressing, then where do we go for answers and help??

At this point, I always realise how lucky I am that a religion called Sikhism was there for me. I say lucky, because that is honestly how I feel.
The sikhism faith is there for me, waiting until I embrace it to the fullest extent.
I can live the 'way of the khalsa' right now, but I am not ready to be in the full image as yet. _Khalsa mera roop hai khaas'_ although soon, I hope to be in the physical Image that Guru Gobind Singh Ji instructed.

Amarjit ji, I get confused a little when you start quoting other religous sources especially the gita. When clearly many people confuse this with sikhi, I think its wiser to not encourage these confused people further but instead, to give them awareness.

Quoting the bible, jesus, Torah..etc... etc is all fine, as there are no confusing adherents with sikhi as far as I know.

I mean, I actually interact with lots of white folk, and on many occasions I quote bible references in conversation. This is just the way that I was raised within the white community.
To me it is just for communicating in every day life. But, I never feel the urge or think it is appropriate to do that on this Sikh philosophy forum, especially as many young youths are on here for learning and guidance.

To confuse the youth in thinking that gita etc.. is also a required knowledge when being/living as a sikh is very very misleading. We should be careful with any false images we portray.
During my youth, I still remember very clearly how easily I got confused and mislead.

I'm not throwing a personal attack by any means, but I'm trying to advise you that the learning youth don't have much time and we don't want to mislead them in thinking that besides the Guru Granth Sahib, they should have knowledge of gita,bible, torah etc..etc.

ALL they need to learn and start mastering Primarily is JUST the Guru Granth Sahib Only, if they have time after they are free to learn other faiths for comparison and contrasting. That is absolutely fine and harmless.

But we have to be careful with sources, information..etc.. that we present to ensure that they don't cause any harm to sikhism.

I know from experiences encountered with other members on here that sikhi has encountered plenty of harm and dilution already. The members that have been exposed to the harmful results need correct and sensitive guidance.

Please, lets all act with more care.

Sat kartar
Lucky Singh

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Amarjit Singh ji,
What was it like in Mecca? What did you see there?
Bhagat Singh veer ji don't be nasty :happykudi:. Veer ji has described it to be thought travelling. It travels so fast that one does not know the difference between start and finish and in between. So I don't believe he would have abided by the physical signage to follow Exit for Non-Muslims.

I have some sympthy towards thought travel and incidences but I am not willing to go there with very little to show as proof!

Healing is a very different subject as well and faith healing more so. Again I don't want to go there as there is more misuse versus positive use. I do believe to some extent touch as a healing mechanism and some having special powers in their touch. The reasons may be psyco-sematic but if these relase the right chemicals needed to cure, it hardlt matters for the explanation.

Sat Sri Akal.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Bhagat Singh veer ji don't be nasty :happykudi:. Veer ji has described it to be thought travelling. It travels so fast that one does not know the difference between start and finish and in between. So I don't believe he would have abided by the physical signage to follow Exit for Non-Muslims.

I have some sympthy towards thought travel and incidences but I am not willing to go there with very little to show as proof!

Healing is a very different subject as well and faith healing more so. Again I don't want to go there as there is more misuse versus positive use. I do believe to some extent touch as a healing mechanism and some having special powers in their touch. The reasons may be psyco-sematic but if these relase the right chemicals needed to cure, it hardlt matters for the explanation.

Sat Sri Akal.

Hey, I think we are talking about Astral Projection/Travel
This apparently is when a person can at will, detach themselves from their physical body, leave it behind and project wherever they want to go.

Certain individuals have this gift. Wow!!!
Is it really a gift??
I suppose when the weather is not too good on mainland here, one could astral travel to Nassau,Bahamas or even Waikiki beach,Hawaii for the afternoon. Whilst there, one could also enjoy a few mai tai's.
Then astral travel back home to their body in time for the evening meal with the family.

I'm not sure why I would get the urge to astral travel to Mecca, if I had the ability...mmmhhhh...
I know where I would go, hula all the way.
mundahuglol
Aloha
Lucky Singhlol

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I suppose when the weather is not to good on mainland here, one could astral travel to Nassau,Bahamas or even Waikiki beach,Hawaii for the afternoon. Whilst there, one could also enjoy a few mai tai's.
Then astral travel back home to their body in time for the evening meal with the family.
Now the following will beat going to Mecca everytime for me,

Hawaii Waikiki Hula Dance - YouTube

To each their own. To Amarjit Singh Bamrah ji's credit, he has a pious and helpful heart. Some times one is so overcome with the deisre to help, the belief that one has to help, the belief that one's help is effective, that mind opens experiences uncommon. As long as one has a reality check I believe it may be manageable and enjoyable and he may cherish it.

Each one of us as a Sikh should ensure that it is not associated as jantar-mantir way to do things with reference to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Experimentation at personal level is all welcome.

Sat Sri Akal.

P0TTER

SPNer
Mar 25, 2011
@Searching - I see the logic in your argument, however Jesus is a historical figure and I doubt that any Jew (or Muslim) would argue against the fact that Jesus is a Jew.
There are also many Jews I know who recognise Jesus as Messiah - they are Messianic Jews eg. the group called Jews For Jesus.
Muslims believe because of Sura 29:46 that Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same God, and of course, muslims also claim that Islam is an Abrahamic faith like Judaism and Christianity.
However the commands that Mohummad gave are often diametrically opposed to the commands of Jesus.
This You Tube video clearly lays their opposing commands side by side...
MUHAMMAD VERSES JESUS CHRIST - http://youtu.be/Z-MnOpKEnIA

Furthermore... although Christianity and Islam are Abrahamic faiths, Jews and Christians worship the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob, but Muslims don't.
Note that the Muslim line goes back to Hagar the slave woman, who was not a wife of Abraham... possibly this is why the Islamic religion centres on bringing everything under submission? All must be a slave to Shariah Law.
Whereas the Jewish line goes back to the Free woman, Sarah, who was the Wife of Abraham; and Jesus who was born of this line said, "If the Son sets you Free, You shall be Free indeed".
There is a vast dichotomy between the underlying philosophies of these two religions -
Christianity leads to Freedom whereas Islam leads to Submission
- Christians and Muslims cannot possibly be following the same God.
Jews follow the God of the Torah Christians follow the God of (the Torah &) the Bible.
There is a vast difference between the Bible & the Qur'an
Muslims follow Muhammad & worship the God of the Qur'an
Christians follow Jesus and worship the God of the Bible
Again - see this video which compares verses of the Bible to the Qur'an; and see what this reveals about Muhammad in comparison to Jesus Christ
here... http://youtu.be/Z-MnOpKEnIA
Clearly as we compare the Christian Bible to the Islamic Quar'an and as we compare the main characters of both religions, Muhammad & Jesus, we surely must conclude that they cannot both be pointing to the same God.
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/images/smilies/sikhsmileys/animated_winking_munda.gif

Last edited:

P0TTER

SPNer
Mar 25, 2011
Amarjit Singh ji

The only religion is love and respect for all.
I agree with this comment and used to even live by it one time.

As I was growing up I was quite confused with my mixture of religious exposure. Eventually I decided to just love and respect all things that are and from the creator.
I started to believe that man made religions were a hindrance on a path I felt I could take as a sole person.

However, we don't live in the times of Adam, when all that is around us is nature with fruits and veg in one huge garden for survival along with the company of creatures.
If we were in those times, YES, I would be very successful without a belief in any faith.
(Not discussing the authenticity of Adam and Eve- this is just an explanation example)

But, times have changed and we have and keep moving on. We need to work, help, survive, plan ....etc...and in doing this living we will interact with situations and others.
These obstacles, interactions, clarifactions etc...etc.. that we encounter all need addressing, then where do we go for answers and help??

At this point, I always realise how lucky I am that a religion called Sikhism was there for me. I say lucky, because that is honestly how I feel.
The sikhism faith is there for me, waiting until I embrace it to the fullest extent.
I can live the 'way of the khalsa' right now, but I am not ready to be in the full image as yet. _Khalsa mera roop hai khaas'_ although soon, I hope to be in the physical Image that Guru Gobind Singh Ji instructed.

Amarjit ji, I get confused a little when you start quoting other religous sources especially the gita. When clearly many people confuse this with sikhi, I think its wiser to not encourage these confused people further but instead, to give them awareness.

Quoting the bible, jesus, Torah..etc... etc is all fine, as there are no confusing adherents with sikhi as far as I know.

I mean, I actually interact with lots of white folk, and on many occasions I quote bible references in conversation. This is just the way that I was raised within the white community.
To me it is just for communicating in every day life. But, I never feel the urge or think it is appropriate to do that on this Sikh philosophy forum, especially as many young youths are on here for learning and guidance.

To confuse the youth in thinking that gita etc.. is also a required knowledge when being/living as a sikh is very very misleading. We should be careful with any false images we portray.
During my youth, I still remember very clearly how easily I got confused and mislead.

I'm not throwing a personal attack by any means, but I'm trying to advise you that the learning youth don't have much time and we don't want to mislead them in thinking that besides the Guru Granth Sahib, they should have knowledge of gita,bible, torah etc..etc.

ALL they need to learn and start mastering Primarily is JUST the Guru Granth Sahib Only, if they have time after they are free to learn other faiths for comparison and contrasting. That is absolutely fine and harmless.

But we have to be careful with sources, information..etc.. that we present to ensure that they don't cause any harm to sikhism.

I know from experiences encountered with other members on here that sikhi has encountered plenty of harm and dilution already. The members that have been exposed to the harmful results need correct and sensitive guidance.

Please, lets all act with more care.

Sat kartar
Lucky Singh

I can understand your concern to keep to Sikhism on this website for the sake of those learning about the Sikh faith... and agree wholeheartedly.
However, this thread is entitled 'Do Christians & Muslims worship the same God?' and therefore to understand the question and begin to give an answer, surely one must explore the nature of the Christian and Islamic religions and their writings and the human response to them.
How else can we begin to offer any rational debate?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
The question 'do they worship the same God?' presupposes that those gods actually exist.

The fact is, Muslims believe they do worship the same god. Who are we to tell them they don't?

They way I see it, the personality of god in the Old Testament and the Koran are similar. The personality of god in the New Testament is different. I would say, Jews and Muslims worship the same God, Christian's don't.

Auzer

SPNer
Feb 19, 2012
The question 'do they worship the same God?' presupposes that those gods actually exist.

The fact is, Muslims believe they do worship the same god. Who are we to tell them they don't?

They way I see it, the personality of god in the Old Testament and the Koran are similar. The personality of god in the New Testament is different. I would say, Jews and Muslims worship the same God, Christian's don't.

And THAT is exactly what historical Judaism says :sippingcoffeemunda: But insecure Christians like Potter keep bringing this up "Oh oh Muslims are devil worshippers , while we Jews and Christians are good God worshippers" ...and Jews respond " Uhh hello? Muslims and Jews worship the SAME God , not trinity"

Actually , do you know , that few years back---A Christian Pastor in France said some crap about Islam...and before Muslims would respond...A Jewish RABBI stood up...and OWNED that Pastor badly. lol

Historically , Islam and Judaism are almost EXACTLY the same religions...

Sadly , many Muslims and Jews don't know this...thanks to Israel-Palestine conflict.

Plus : I think that Potter is being extremely childish by saying "Oh we worship THIS God , Muslims worship THAT God ...blah blah..." ... I mean , we aren't living in medieval ages now , are we? Please cut this crap of "My God is better than your God"

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
And THAT is exactly what historical Judaism says :sippingcoffeemunda: But insecure Christians like Potter keep bringing this up "Oh oh Muslims are devil worshippers , while we Jews and Christians are good God worshippers" ...and Jews respond " Uhh hello? Muslims and Jews worship the SAME God , not your pagan foolish trinity confusion"

Plus : I think that Potter is being extremely childish by saying "Oh we worship THIS God , Muslims worship THAT God ...blah blah..." ... I mean , we aren't living in medieval ages now , are we? Please cut this crap of "My God is better than your God"

Thank you Auzer for referring to the Blessed Trinity as "your pagan, foolish Trinity confusion" :motherlylove: That was nice wasn't it?

Actually I agreed with your last part about cutting out the "My God is better than your God" and yet by referring to the Christian conception of God in the way you have, I see a clear contradiction in terms because you seem to be inferring that the Islamic conception of God is infinetly superior to the Christian one.

It seems I am the only one on this thread who - earlier on if you look back - maintains that Jews, Muslims and Christians and all monotheists worship the same God but simply have, in some respects, different understandings of him.

The Qur'an call Jews and Christians People of the Book. It does not qualify this because of the apparent errors it believes Christians and Jews might have in their conception of God.

I re-quote what I quoted earlier:

"...He who enlightens all men coming into this world (John 1.9) has enlightened your mind for this purpose. Almighty God, who wishes that all should be saved and none lost, approves nothing in so much as that after loving Him one should love his fellow man, and that one should not do to others, what one does not want done to oneself. This affection we and you owe to each other in a more peculiar way than to people of other races because we worship and confess the same God though in diverse forms and daily praise and adore Him as the creator and ruler of this world. For, in the words of the Apostle, 'He is our peace who hath made both one.' This good action was inspired in your heart by God....This grace granted to you by God is admired and praised by many of the Roman nobility who have learned from us of your benevolence and high qualities [. . .] For God knows that we love you purely for His honour and that we desire your salvation and glory, both in this life and in the life to come. And we pray in our hearts and with our lips that God may lead you to the abode of happiness, to the bosom of the holy patriarch Abraham, after long years of life here on earth..."

- Pope St. Gregory VII, Letter XXI to Al-Nasir the Muslim Ruler of Bijaya (Algeria), 1076

"...Christians and Muslims, we have many things in common, as believers and as human beings. We live in the same world, marked by many signs of hope, but also by multiple signs of anguish. For us, Abraham is a very model of faith in God, of submission to his will and of confidence in his goodness. We believe in the same God, the one God, the living God, the God who created the world and brings his creatures to their perfection...The Catholic Church regards with respect and recognizes the equality of your religious progress, the richness of your spiritual tradition...On this path, you are assured, of the esteem and the collaboration of your Catholic brothers and sisters whom I represent among you this evening..."

- Blessed Pope John Paul II: Address to young Muslims in Casablanca, 1985

I second Cardinal Nicholas of Cusa:

"...But, how should we bring the manifold of religions to one unity, since our people have defended their religion with blood, and they hardly will be willing to accept a new, unified religion?

The Divine Word answers: You should not introduce a new religion. But, you should yourselves comprehend, and then show to the peoples, that the true religion is presupposed before all other religions. The unity is before the separation occurs...You will find that not another faith but the one and the same faith is presupposed everywhere...Moses had described a path to God, but this path was neither taken up by everyone nor was it understood by everyone. Jesus illuminated and perfected this path; nevertheless, many even now remain unbelievers. Muhammad tried to make the same path easier, so that it might be accepted by all, even idolaters. These are the most famous of the said paths to God, although many others were presented by the wise and the prophets...Even though you acknowledge diverse religions, you all presuppose in all of this diversity the one...It is you, O God, who is being sought in various religions in various ways, and named with various names. For you remain as you are, to all incomprehensible and inexpressible. When you will graciously grant it, then sword, jealous hatred and evil will cease and all will come to know that there is but one religion in the variety of religious rites..."

- Cardinal Nicholas of Cusa (1401-1464)

It would appear that these two Popes and this Cardinal are in the minority........?

Last edited:

Auzer

SPNer
Feb 19, 2012
Thank you Auzer for referring to the Blessed Trinity as "your pagan, foolish Trinity confusion" :motherlylove: That was nice wasn't it?

Actually I agreed with your last part about cutting out the "My God is better than your God" and yet by referring to the Christian conception of God in the way you have, I see a clear contradiction in terms because you seem to be inferring that the Islamic conception of God is infinetly superior to the Christian one.

It seems I am the only one on this thread who - earlier on if you look back - maintains that Jews, Muslims and Christians and all monotheists worship the same God but simply have, in some respects, different understandings of him.

The Qur'an call Jews and Christians People of the Book. It does not qualify this because of the apparent errors it believes Christians and Jews might have in their conception of God.

I re-quote what I quoted earlier:

"...He who enlightens all men coming into this world (John 1.9) has enlightened your mind for this purpose. Almighty God, who wishes that all should be saved and none lost, approves nothing in so much as that after loving Him one should love his fellow man, and that one should not do to others, what one does not want done to oneself. This affection we and you owe to each other in a more peculiar way than to people of other races because we worship and confess the same God though in diverse forms and daily praise and adore Him as the creator and ruler of this world. For, in the words of the Apostle, 'He is our peace who hath made both one.' This good action was inspired in your heart by God....This grace granted to you by God is admired and praised by many of the Roman nobility who have learned from us of your benevolence and high qualities [. . .] For God knows that we love you purely for His honour and that we desire your salvation and glory, both in this life and in the life to come. And we pray in our hearts and with our lips that God may lead you to the abode of happiness, to the bosom of the holy patriarch Abraham, after long years of life here on earth..."

- Pope St. Gregory VII, Letter XXI to Al-Nasir the Muslim Ruler of Bijaya (Algeria), 1076

"...Christians and Muslims, we have many things in common, as believers and as human beings. We live in the same world, marked by many signs of hope, but also by multiple signs of anguish. For us, Abraham is a very model of faith in God, of submission to his will and of confidence in his goodness. We believe in the same God, the one God, the living God, the God who created the world and brings his creatures to their perfection...The Catholic Church regards with respect and recognizes the equality of your religious progress, the richness of your spiritual tradition...On this path, you are assured, of the esteem and the collaboration of your Catholic brothers and sisters whom I represent among you this evening..."

- Blessed Pope John Paul II: Address to young Muslims in Casablanca, 1985

I second Cardinal Nicholas of Cusa:

"...But, how should we bring the manifold of religions to one unity, since our people have defended their religion with blood, and they hardly will be willing to accept a new, unified religion?

The Divine Word answers: You should not introduce a new religion. But, you should yourselves comprehend, and then show to the peoples, that the true religion is presupposed before all other religions. The unity is before the separation occurs...You will find that not another faith but the one and the same faith is presupposed everywhere...Moses had described a path to God, but this path was neither taken up by everyone nor was it understood by everyone. Jesus illuminated and perfected this path; nevertheless, many even now remain unbelievers. Muhammad tried to make the same path easier, so that it might be accepted by all, even idolaters. These are the most famous of the said paths to God, although many others were presented by the wise and the prophets...Even though you acknowledge diverse religions, you all presuppose in all of this diversity the one...It is you, O God, who is being sought in various religions in various ways, and named with various names. For you remain as you are, to all incomprehensible and inexpressible. When you will graciously grant it, then sword, jealous hatred and evil will cease and all will come to know that there is but one religion in the variety of religious rites..."

- Cardinal Nicholas of Cusa (1401-1464)

It would appear that these two Popes and this Cardinal are in the minority........?

Sorry brother for the offense. I have edited my post.

I was referring to the position of historical Judaism regarding Abrahamic faith.

And Muslims believe that Jews , Christians , and Muslims the same God! Have you ever seen a Muslim guy opening a thread or posting like "Oh Christian worship devil-god blah"? While I can show you many Christian preachers , authors , televangelists talking about moon-god myth etc ... So it's Christians who always bring up these childish presumptions.

The main point of disagreement b/w Muslims and Christians is diety of Christ...not the God we worship.

Peace! :happymunda:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM