• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Diet And Nutrition

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Jios,

We have to work on upsizing our 6-packs and downsizing our pics.Thanks. I will work on making this smaller. But try to use a photo editor to change the size of the pics before you upload.

svea00

SPN Sewadaar
SPNer
Feb 3, 2008
Re: Nutrition in Ayurveda

Well I read about ayurveda and one thing I learnt is that best thing is just be your own doctor.Try to Eat food that suits you Not the one you read in books.Also Majority of Ayurvedic doctors are Vaishnav hindu's so they mix their vegetarianism with Diet
and tell you that non veg is posion.That make's ayurvedic theory incomplete because a doctor should be open minded and should not be biased.

kds1980 Ji!

I´m actually vegetarian. :u):
I´m not gonna discuss this matter now. So many people on this forum have already done this and as I assume the fronts are clear and very solid on both sides. But nevermind, I like it and if you feel good eating meat, do as you like. We are all grown ups, can think for ourselves and act responsible to whatever we think is right for us in our way living.
Keep it up!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Re: Nutrition in Ayurveda

kds1980 Ji!

I´m actually vegetarian. :u):
I´m not gonna discuss this matter now. So many people on this forum have already done this and as I assume the fronts are clear and very solid on both sides. But nevermind, I like it and if you feel good eating meat, do as you like. We are all grown ups, can think for ourselves and act responsible to whatever we think is right for us in our way living.
Keep it up!

Svea ji

I am sorry but my post has nothing to do with vegetarian or non veg.What I am telling you is try food of vaat and also try food of kaff .Then start observing your body if you feel good while taking food which is for vaat dosh then continue it on the other hand if you feel good while taking food which is for kaff dosh then take that.You Just have to observe your body

uresunny

SPNer
Mar 8, 2008
yes bai saab,, not even eggs,, only sprouts and protien powders from food supplements, . :happy:
and for hairy torso, no my torso is not hairy at all. hhe isnt is gr8, bro

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
yes bai saab,, not even eggs,, only sprouts and protien powders from food supplements, . :happy:
and for hairy torso, no my torso is not hairy at all. hhe isnt is gr8, bro

Be careful on taking too many supplements. A few years ago I switched to a non egg diet (total vege while training). I lost muscle mass and strength and found I was heavily reliant on protein poweders.my bench dropped from 150 kilo's to 120. I went back to meat and eggs. Unfortunately now I am fat because I had a back injury.

Milk Whey Protein powder is OK. The most important thing I have found is to get your full chain of Amino Acids as you cannot getthem all from Begetables (so suppllement). Also Iron deficiency can be a problem, so watch that.

Sprouts ehh.....I would hate to be down wind from you on a training session :p

sunnyboii

SPNer
Jun 21, 2012
Moderators Request:
uresunny Ji,

Could you repost your second pic sunny 1 by down sizing it first. I could not do it from my end. Thanks.

From namjap

sasikal doston,. i am so sory i been out of touch ,, and this is my new username sunnyboii
i forgot the password of my other account,
and yes i want to post, new pics of mine, . plz coment ok g
peacesign

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I thought this is diet and nutrition and not 'flex' or some other body buliding magazine!!!!

BTW- you know that a lot of them use human growth hormone or somatostatin inhibitors.

sunnyboii

SPNer
Jun 21, 2012
you seems like u hav a good knowlegde, . but hey gotta do it rather then talk all the time, .
u gotta do it u gootta do it, . dont give **** excuses they use this they use that, . :p
i hav pity, on punks, . try to find one excuse u ll find thousand
.. try to find one reason to workout and sweat ur *** ,, trust me u ll find none, .
peace

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
you seems like u hav a good knowlegde, . but hey gotta do it rather then talk all the time, .
u gotta do it u gootta do it, . dont give **** excuses they use this they use that, . :p
i hav pity, on punks, . try to find one excuse u ll find thousand
.. try to find one reason to workout and sweat ur *** ,, trust me u ll find none, .
peace

You are correct, there are a million reasons not to exercise or eat healthily. Go down to your local Gurudwara and view the local Karah munchers with their huge belly's and skinny arms and legs.

I'm getting back into shape again myself. I won't be as huge as I was in my 20's but I am bigger in terms of muscle mass than you Sunnyboi.

I tend to eat organic food. Organic vegetables, and Organic meat.

My diet is usually as follows:

6.30 am

Gym - either chest, back, shoulders, arms, legs.

Recovery Drink something like Recover XS after gym

Morning

4 egg white (1 yoke omlette)
Bowl of Bran.
Whey Protein Shake

Mid Morning

Fruit Maybe Jerky

Lunch

Chicken/Fish - with Brown Rice or Wholewheat pitta.

Mid -Afternoon

Protein shake. Snack fruit Almonds and Walnuts

Evening

Usually something vegetarian like Daal or Raajmaah (as I am losing weight I eat light in the evening)

Sometimes have chicken/fish/steak etc all lean and organic.

Hour Before Bed

Protein Shake - Bowl of Bran

sunnyboii

SPNer
Jun 21, 2012
yes randeep u r right, . and jus a little modification, . in ur diet,
if u cud avoid carbohydrates in the evening after 8 pm, .
u can get rid of excess body fat on ur belly, . 0:)
and try to do cardio ten to fifteen mins, after ur weight training that wil help burn more fat,

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Cardio after weights, I've not tried that, infact never considered it.
You do stiil think that some cardio should be done before the weights in order to warm up ?

sunnyboii

SPNer
Jun 21, 2012
cardio before workout , . do it as a warmup session, for five mins, . and
body actually starts burning fat after thirty mins of wroking, .
so if u do cardio after ur weights, then u ll burn more calorieswelcomekaur

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
yes randeep u r right, . and jus a little modification, . in ur diet,
if u cud avoid carbohydrates in the evening after 8 pm, .
u can get rid of excess body fat on ur belly, . 0:)
and try to do cardio ten to fifteen mins, after ur weight training that wil help burn more fat,

I do 15 minutes cardio before weights...that works well to lose weight.

I'm gaing lean muscle fast (I used to powerlift).

I keep my Carbs very low and tend to have complex ones in anycase.

My aim with cardio is to always run further in the same amount of time.

It works well and is something I used in my powerlifting days.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM