• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

The Huffington Post | By Yasmine Hafiz

Posted: 07/26/2013 7:05 pm EDT

Desmond Tutu denounced religions that discriminate against LGTB-identified people by making some very strong statements during the United Nations' launch of its gay-rights program in Cape Town this Friday, reports AFP.

He leaves no doubt about his opinions regarding LGTB rights, declaring:
I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this.

He added:
I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place.

South Africa's iconic archbishop is clearly still fighting for equality despite his retirement, as he went on to relate the gay rights issue to his country's tumultuous history, saying:

I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about apartheid. For me, it is at the same level.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3661120.html

Some facts:
1. Desmond Tutu won the Nobel Peace prize in 1984 for his efforts to end apartheid and for human rights.

2. In addition to the Nobel Prize, Tutu has been bestowed numerous awards, including the Pacem in Terris Award, the Bishop John T. Walker Distinguished Humanitarian Service Award, the Lincoln Leadership Prize and the Gandhi Peace Prize.

Now the Round Table Interaction:
1. His statement in favour of the LGBT is very bold despite him being the Archbishop. How would the Catholic Church that is against the LGBT rights would react to it?

2. Do you believe in Hell or Heaven? Please give your reasons why or why not?

3. Where are they located if they exist at all?

4. If they do, how can God practice Apartheid in this manner?

5. What is your opinion about homosexuality?

6. Is it nature or a personal choice? Please elaborate your responses.

7. Do you have any gay person in your family?

8. If you came to know that there was one, what would your reaction be under these circumstances? How would you consider/treat him/her?

9. How can Islam deny that there are no homosexuals in the Islamist countries? Is this denial of the reality a good thing for the truth seekers via Allah?

10. This stigma and denial are also prevalent in the Asian countries like India, China, Thailand, and Indonesia and also in Africa. What do you think is the reason?

11. Is it lack of education or fear of acceptance of the nature which has its own way?

Lastly, I would add; It is about time we admired the rainbow with our eyes wide open.

Attachments

• Desmond Tutu.jpg
    Desmond Tutu.jpg
    7.7 KB · Reads: 279

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: