• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Deras Are "Shops Misusing The Bani From Sri Guru Granth Sahib"

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
Why are Deras of fake Sants prospering in Punjab where the influence of Gurbani should have been the most to not fall a prey into the traps of babas of these Deras. Every body knows that these Deras are not institutions preaching Sikhism or for that matter any religion or guiding people to live a truthful, honest and a clean life. Their only motive is to win over the confidence of people especially those who can bring big money to the Deras so that the person running the Dera can live a lavish life. And we all know that these Babas are living a life like kings.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Re: Deras are " Shops misusing the bani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib "

They are prosperng because there is a market for them.
Too many of us fall into the depths of depression, poverty and sorrow.

A quick fix and someone to reassure them is usually a way for getting their attention.
This is why they can promise the earth as long as one lives their way.
Don't get me wrong there are hundreds or maybe thousands that will insist the person changes themselves and takes amrit and in addition they will prescribe extra bani to read. This is all very good for sikhism on the outer book cover.
However they will also make themselves come across as a satguru or similar, this is the BIGGEST problem.

Some clever ones will label themselves as great bhakti mahapursh and brahmgyani. In doing so, they also make it appear that they are on par to guru and what they instruct MUST be done and that they have the power.
This worship to the being automatically follows.

In all honesty, I learn more and more about this everyday. Infact I will tell you how sad it really is.-

- I have grown a khes for the first time and started with turban recently.
Now, I come across a lot of people who are surprised to see me this way, because anyone that knew me before will know that I was one of the 'hip' lads in terms of dress and hairstyles !! I am the complete opposite now.

Anyway, alot of them ask me who I have been seeing ???!!!!
Then I find that what they mean is which 'baba' or dera has converted me to the straight path.

Infact, I have learnt that every man on this west coast that has gone from mona to khes, and then to amritdhari, has done so when they have resorted to seeing someone for help and guidance.
This can be marriage problems, drink problems,drugs, addictions...whatever.
The result is usually a conversion to fully embracing the faith but also becoming a follower of a dera.

This is good if it helps to take someone away from the dark evils of prostitution,drugs, domestic violence with spouse..etc...etc.
-It's good that someone can show the way to a lost soul. But what is NOT good is that the lost soul also gets bought by the dera so to speak.
This lost soul begins to worship the new saviour as much as or usually more than the Gurugranth Sahib ji.

Sadly, anyone who knows someone that has become khesdhari at this time in their life is mostly because they belong to a new dera or jathabandi !!
-This has been A SHOCKING TRUTH for me to encounter recently.

I find it so difficult to prove and convince someone that I've grown my khes purely for the love and increased spirituality that I feel. It's not because I needed help or saving from my problems or anything. AND I have had absolutely NO ONE inspiring me or leading me except for my own sikh learnings and the Guru Granth Sahib ji.

I can't understand why people just find it too hard to swallow and can't buy my real version.

Aug 28, 2010

These are actually promoted political Vote Banks.
No one can go against them.
Very deploreable state of affairs to live with.
This is groring exponentially in all villages of Punjab.
One would alyas find a Dera in one form or the other.

May SatiGuRu guide them all for the right path .

Prakash.S.Bagga

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012

These are actually promoted political Vote Banks.
No one can go against them.
Very deploreable state of affairs to live with.
This is groring exponentially in all villages of Punjab.
One would alyas find a Dera in one form or the other.

May SatiGuRu guide them all for the right path .

Prakash.S.Bagga

The Deras are growing day by day to the detriment of progress nay the very existence of Sikhism.
I don't know whether our mini-parliament of Sikh affairs is aware of this danger or not. I call the SGPC a sleeping monolith. I have sent many E Mails to the SGPC regarding attacks by various religious persons on the internet and I failed to get a single reply. It appears the E Mails I have sent them never reach the President of SGPC or its official concerned with propagation of Sikhism.
It is a matter of great concern. Why don't the SGPC make a strategy to uproot all anti Sikh establishments particularly in Punjab and throughout the world.

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012

They are prosperng because there is a market for them.
Too many of us fall into the depths of depression, poverty and sorrow.

A quick fix and someone to reassure them is usually a way for getting their attention.
This is why they can promise the earth as long as one lives their way.
Don't get me wrong there are hundreds or maybe thousands that will insist the person changes themselves and takes amrit and in addition they will prescribe extra bani to read. This is all very good for sikhism on the outer book cover.
However they will also make themselves come across as a satguru or similar, this is the BIGGEST problem.

Some clever ones will label themselves as great bhakti mahapursh and brahmgyani. In doing so, they also make it appear that they are on par to guru and what they instruct MUST be done and that they have the power.
This worship to the being automatically follows.

In all honesty, I learn more and more about this everyday. Infact I will tell you how sad it really is.-

- I have grown a khes for the first time and started with turban recently.
Now, I come across a lot of people who are surprised to see me this way, because anyone that knew me before will know that I was one of the 'hip' lads in terms of dress and hairstyles !! I am the complete opposite now.

Anyway, alot of them ask me who I have been seeing ???!!!!
Then I find that what they mean is which 'baba' or dera has converted me to the straight path.

Infact, I have learnt that every man on this west coast that has gone from mona to khes, and then to amritdhari, has done so when they have resorted to seeing someone for help and guidance.
This can be marriage problems, drink problems,drugs, addictions...whatever.
The result is usually a conversion to fully embracing the faith but also becoming a follower of a dera.

This is good if it helps to take someone away from the dark evils of prostitution,drugs, domestic violence with spouse..etc...etc.
-It's good that someone can show the way to a lost soul. But what is NOT good is that the lost soul also gets bought by the dera so to speak.
This lost soul begins to worship the new saviour as much as or usually more than the Gurugranth Sahib ji.

Sadly, anyone who knows someone that has become khesdhari at this time in their life is mostly because they belong to a new dera or jathabandi !!
-This has been A SHOCKING TRUTH for me to encounter recently.

I find it so difficult to prove and convince someone that I've grown my khes purely for the love and increased spirituality that I feel. It's not because I needed help or saving from my problems or anything. AND I have had absolutely NO ONE inspiring me or leading me except for my own sikh learnings and the Guru Granth Sahib ji.

I can't understand why people just find it too hard to swallow and can't buy my real version.

I appreciate your honesty. You were misled heretofore but your conscience has woken up and you have done what you think is right. You had the feeling for your religion but some forces inimical to right thinking had overcome you and you went astray.
Since your self-conscious was alive you were guided by it to correct the path.
Thus you don't need any body's goading. Well done. Thousands will follow suit!!!!!!

Last edited:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver

I appreciate your honesty. You were misled heretofore but your conscience has woken up and you have done what you think is right. You had the feeling for your religion but some forces inimical to right thinking had overcome you and you went astray.
Since your self-conscious was alive you were guided by it to correct the path.
Thus you don't need any body's goading. Well done. Thousands will follow suit!!!!!!

Thanks..It's nice to get some encouragement and feel from one's much wiser and elder than myself.

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012

Such cases far fetched. You may have come across a solitary case where one has returned to puran Gursikhi. As far as drugs are concerned it is very difficult to shed the habit of drug abuse. Only professionals at de-addiction camps are successful in this matter and that to it takes a good measure of time to quit drugs once for ever. These Deras are an eyesore for Sikhism as the deradars must be claiming to be a part of Sikhism and coaxing people to visit their deras for convenience and get the life's benefits from Bani which is not handed over to anybody at the Gurdwaras. The Deradars will give you a certain part of Gurbani Shalok for certain material, health or other benefits. And this is also given in privacy individually.

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: