Define Religion ? | SIKH PHILOSOPHY NETWORK
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Define Religion ?

desperadovj

SPNer
Aug 19, 2004
blore,india.
Religion Means Differently To Different People.

Dear members,
RELIGION is a much complicated word than it sounds.. it has different meanings to diferent people.
for example :
--->to a 3rd-4th generation priest in any religion it is a faimly tradition and a profession in the blood stream as it follows.
--->to senior citizens it is a social thing and something better to do while counting back the days left.
--->to enterprenuers (some of them) it is a source to save huge taxes by making donations.
--->to some rich people it is the means of gaining prosperity by aranging social functions and stuff in the society they live in.
--->to the poor it is hope and perhaps the last option to feed empty stomach is a temple,also a full time occupation to some(beggers)
--->to the working middle class it is probably a vacation spot.. go to temples on holidays which are famous piligrims.
--->to the learned it is a matter of study and debate as many of us do...
--->to the uneducated it is the only source of knowledge and the only one they can possess sometimes.
--->to politicians it means strong supports and vote banks and wasy propoganda.
--->to a nation it means another division of people amongst it.
--->to a laymen religion means almost all these things combined.

but again i wasnt here to display all these views i was here to show my views on how to define religion but the above was necessary coz i m a part of everythign mentioned above or vice-versa.

"RELIGION" according to me can be defined as " a code of conduct , a system made by some intelligant people in thier times , a guide book from which are born infants like culture and traditions,for a particular mass of people of how to live a life in a civilised manner and a way that the society to the whole prospers and lives happily ever after just like a fairytale"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Shabad Vichaar by SPN'ers

In an attempt to bring more Gurbani into our lives it would be great to analyse one shabad every week. It will be wonderful to get your thoughts about what the shabad is telling us and how we can...

SPN on Facebook