• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Dalits Fined For Daring To Drink Water From Tap

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/dalits-fined-for-daring-to-drink-water-from-tap/133186-3.html?from=tn

Bikaner: In a shocking incident in Rajasthan, three Dalits were fined Rs 45 thousand by a Panchayat for daring to drink water from a public tap. A case has now been registered against the accused.

These Dalits have been discriminated against not just by the upper castes, but also by Muslims. The three of them from Randhisar village near Bikaner were fined Rs 15,000 each by their Muslim sarpanch Gope Khan. Their crime was drinking water from a public tap.

One among the three victims, Birbal Meghwal said, “We have been fined Rs. 45000 for drinking water from a public tap.”

When the Dalits protested against the decision, they were allegedly roughed up by Gope Khan’s henchmen. Police were then deployed in the village to defuse any tension and an FIR filed against the attackers.

SP, Bikaner said, “The injured man has registered a case.”

But shockingly the sarpanch who perpetrated this discriminatory act continues to be off the hook.

May 24, 2008
I wonder whether to commend Brahmins for their prepetual brainwashing of Dalits that even after being discriminated so much they do not dare to think beyond Brahminism as their religion or to express astonishment at the lack of Sikhs to propagate the basic teachings of Gurus , SGGS & Sikhism to about 500 million Dalits , Tribals & down trodden humans of India . The world is waiting for us when shall we realise our responsibility .

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I wonder whether to commend Brahmins for their prepetual brainwashing of Dalits that even after being discriminated so much they do not dare to think beyond Brahminism as their religion or to express astonishment at the lack of Sikhs to propagate the basic teachings of Gurus , Sri Guru Granth Sahib & Sikhism to about 500 million Dalits , Tribals & down trodden humans of India . The world is waiting for us when shall we realise our responsibility .

Dalbirk ji

The people who discriminating here are muslims and not the upper caste.Caste system in India is much engraved in mind of people that it looks to me that even muslims consider them untouchable though they could easily
ask them to convert to islam as prescribed in their religion.

May 24, 2008
In a way you are right even in Sikhs we always feel proud to tag along our SURNAME which Gyani Ji jokingly calls POONCH(TAIL ) . I wonder how many Sikhs are comfortable without their tails . Even is there is no discrimination there is some EGO factor attached alongwith . If Sikhs can leave their tails behind & spread the message to all 1200 million Indians even for five minutes each I am sure Sikhi will be very apprecited even if we do not get many converts . sadly the knowledge of Sikhi amongst Sikhs is at its lowest ebb , so lets start from our homes .

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM