• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Spiritual Daily Amrit Vela Blog - Difficulties, Joys, Methods Of This Practical Journey To Self Discovery

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Why have you been selfish before?

What do the Eagles say? Do they communicate to you that they're a species going extinct and they're worried about the aunt/uncle/parent or baby eagle they haven't seen in a while? And they're concerned about this trend?

Although you cannot ignore the sarcasm (I thought I was good!), there is a good point here, connection is a 2 way thing, can you connect to them whilst they are unaware of any connection? serious question...., there must be a better word than connection for this, I felt fully connected to my ex wife, but she never did with me, so a better word would be maybe you felt a bond? an affinity? to reach out to another living thing? rather than a connection?

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Japjisahib Ji

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Further to your post #148 and subsequent communication thereafter, I thought it only proper to post the above video link [#187] to illustrate what nam simran is.

In addition, and in particular for your perusal, I cite the following with a view that you will in your own time read n chew on the essential elements of gurmat sidhant re meditation/sehj dhyan/vichaar dhara/nam simran:

Page 790 SGGSJ

ਸਲੋਕ ਮਃ ੧ ॥ ਜਿਨੀ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਰਸੁ ਕੰਤ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਸਾਉ ॥ ਸੁੰਞੇ ਘਰ ਕਾ ਪਾਹੁਣਾ ਜਿਉ ਆਇਆ ਤਿਉ ਜਾਉ ॥੧॥

Page 239

Look what Guru Arjun is saying to those who don't meditate -

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਜੈਸੇ ਸਰਪ ਆਰਜਾਰੀ ॥ ਤਿਉ ਜੀਵਹਿ ਸਾਕਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਬਿਸਾਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਏਕ ਨਿਮਖ ਜੋ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਮਹਿ ਜੀਆ ॥ ਕੋਟਿ ਦਿਨਸ ਲਾਖ ਸਦਾ ਥਿਰੁ ਥੀਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਾਸ ॥ ਕਾਗ ਬਤਨ ਬਿਸਟਾ ਮਹਿ ਵਾਸ ॥੨॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਭਏ ਕੂਕਰ ਕਾਮਸਾਕਤ ਬੇਸੁਆ ਪੂਤ ਨਿਨਾਮ ॥੩॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਜੈਸੇ ਸੀਙ ਛਤਾਰਾ ॥ ਬੋਲਹਿ ਕੂਰੁ ਸਾਕਤ ਮੁਖੁ ਕਾਰਾ ॥੪॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਗਰਧਭ ਕੀ ਨਿਆਈ ਸਾਕਤ ਥਾਨ ਭਰਿਸਟ ਫਿਰਾਹੀ ॥੫॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਕੂਕਰ ਹਰਕਾਇਆ ਸਾਕਤ ਲੋਭੀ ਬੰਧੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੬॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੈ ਆਤਮ ਘਾਤੀ ਸਾਕਤ ਨੀਚ ਤਿਸੁ ਕੁਲੁ ਨਹੀ ਜਾਤੀ ॥੭॥ ਜਿਸੁ ਭਇਆ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਤਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਿ ਜਗਤੁ ਤਰਾਇਆ ॥੮॥

Page 1010

ਮਾਰੂ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਰੈ ਤਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਮਰੁ ਭਾਗੋ ਕਿਸੁ ਪਹਿ ਜਾਉ ॥ ਜਿਸ ਕੈ ਡਰਿ ਭੈ ਭਾਗੀਐ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਨਾਉ ॥ ਮਾਰਹਿ ਰਾਖਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਤੂ ਬੀਜਉ ਨਾਹੀ ਥਾਉ ॥੧॥ ਬਾਬਾ ਮੈ ਕੁਚੀਲੁ ਕਾਚਉ ਮਤਿਹੀਨ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਕੋ ਕਛੁ ਨਹੀ ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਪੂਰੀ ਮਤਿ ਕੀਨ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਅਵਗਣਿ ਸੁਭਰ ਗੁਣ ਨਹੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਣ ਕਿਉ ਘਰਿ ਜਾਉ ॥ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਊਪਜੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਭਾਗਾ ਧਨੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥ ਜਿਨ ਕੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਸੇ ਬਾਧੇ ਦੂਖ ਸਹਾਹਿ ॥੨॥ ਜਿਨੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿਆ ਸੇ ਕਿਤੁ ਆਏ ਸੰਸਾਰਿ ॥ ਆਗੈ ਪਾਛੈ ਸੁਖੁ ਨਹੀ ਗਾਡੇ ਲਾਦੇ ਛਾਰੁ ॥ ਵਿਛੁੜਿਆ ਮੇਲਾ ਨਹੀ ਦੂਖੁ ਘਣੋ ਜਮ ਦੁਆਰਿ ॥੩॥ ਅਗੈ ਕਿਆ ਜਾਣਾ ਨਾਹਿ ਮੈ ਭੂਲੇ ਤੂ ਸਮਝਾਇ ॥ ਭੂਲੇ ਮਾਰਗੁ ਜੋ ਦਸੇ ਤਿਸ ਕੈ ਲਾਗਉ ਪਾਇ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਕੋ ਨਹੀ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਕਹਣੁ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥੪॥ ਸਾਜਨੁ ਦੇਖਾ ਤਾ ਗਲਿ ਮਿਲਾ ਸਾਚੁ ਪਠਾਇਓ ਲੇਖੁ ॥ ਮੁਖਿ ਧਿਮਾਣੈ ਧਨ ਖੜੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਆਖੀ ਦੇਖੁ ॥ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤੂ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਹਿ ਨਦਰੀ ਕਰਮਿ ਵਿਸੇਖੁ ॥੫॥ ਭੂਖ ਪਿਆਸੋ ਜੇ ਭਵੈ ਕਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਮਾਗਉ ਦੇਇ ॥ ਬੀਜਉ ਸੂਝੈ ਕੋ ਨਹੀ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਪੂਰਨੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ ਜਿਨਿ ਕੀਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਦੇਖਿਆ ਆਪਿ ਵਡਾਈ ਦੇਇ ॥੬॥ ਨਗਰੀ ਨਾਇਕੁ ਨਵਤਨੋ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਲੀਲ ਅਨੂਪੁ ॥ ਨਾਰਿ ਨ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਪੰਖਣੂ ਸਾਚਉ ਚਤੁਰੁ ਸਰੂਪੁ ॥ ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੋ ਥੀਐ ਤੂ ਦੀਪਕੁ ਤੂ ਧੂਪੁ ॥੭॥ ਗੀਤ ਸਾਦ ਚਾਖੇ ਸੁਣੇ ਬਾਦ ਸਾਦ ਤਨਿ ਰੋਗੁ ॥ ਸਚੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸਾਚਉ ਚਵੈ ਛੂਟੈ ਸੋਗ ਵਿਜੋਗੁ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਵੀਸਰੈ ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੁ ਹੋਗੁ ॥੮॥੩॥

Page 996, 473, 1428, 1247, - list is not exhaustive.

Japjisahib Ji, the point in reference is that, Gur Ghar has pointed to [above] and suggested the importance of meditation. It isn't by any measure the be all, end all factor - far from it. What is important, in my view is, the striking of the right balance between the spiritual, physical, mental and the emotional constitution of a person so that full human potential is utilised. That is to say, emphasis should be on, "what kind of a person am I to become to live well ?" And, Sikhism offers that very lifestyle where everything could be proportionalised and a life lived well, as a result..

Last edited:

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
as much as I am heartily enjoying your posts sis, many people talk to god, many people see god as their best friend, as a parent figure, or even as a lover, who are we who are utterly alone to argue..
..well defined ! price of intellectual honesty I guess ! Reminds me of a parable ! Pls note the operative word is "utterly alone", a prerequiste for meditation.

Master: Is it because divinity cannot be scientifically appreciated one abandons it completely and renounce all benefits associated therewith on account something doesn't make sense or, is this self-alination disposition which you've adapted a meaning of life in the grandeur of the natural world?
Sikh: No, I think not; most of us don't make up our minds in a rational way. You don't say "I'm an atheist because I've looked at all the evidence and this is what I think". Similarly, you don't say "I'm religious becuase I've surveyed all the evidence and hence the reason I'm religious". It just is, the workings of nature and the self of man that constitutes his being.
Master: Indeed, that's a very honest and very brave, lonely decision. One that may begin to awaken your inner life because choreography of spiritual moments can only be occasioned in complete and utter silence, the "real" you will be experienced.

The relevance and the moral of it is, the loneliness, the isolation, the seclusion, the contemplation, the sitting alone as it were, for the journey inward is inevitable and can only be done alone. And, it makes complete sense for those who choose to capture the choreography of spiritual moments at the crack of dawn.

Many thanks -

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
The relevance and the moral of it is, the loneliness, the isolation, the seclusion, the contemplation, the sitting alone as it were, for the journey inward is inevitable and can only be done alone. And, it makes complete sense for those who choose to capture the choreography of spiritual moments at the crack of dawn.

err, actually its just that this way I don't have to share my rice pudding

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Original Jee Can you give me the english translation of the sabd listed before I comment. Would be obliged.
Japjisahib Jee

The common denominator in all of them is nam simran/meditation, that is why I thought you might enjoy a full read. No comments or reply was anticipated, it was purely for your perusal.

Goodnight Sir !

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Why have you been selfish before?

Of course I have, haven't you?
I may still be at times, are you not?

This is a BLOG about amrit vela and simran experiences, and I have no intentions of entertaining sakats and derailing the topic or Chaz's blog.

I know you cry yourself to sleep most nights, and maybe I could have helped. Sadly, I
haven't the slightest ounce of energy to respond to any of your mockery or little taunts. I recommend some Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), with a psychologist. I've been having mine for a few years and it's an amazing corrective approach.

Gurmit Singh

SPNer
Jan 29, 2009
Japjisahib Ji

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Further to your post #148 and subsequent communication thereafter, I thought it only proper to post the above video link [#187] to illustrate what nam simran is.

In addition, and in particular for your perusal, I cite the following with a view that you will in your own time read n chew on the essential elements of gurmat sidhant re meditation/sehj dhyan/vichaar dhara/nam simran:

Page 790 SGGSJ

ਸਲੋਕ ਮਃ ੧ ॥ ਜਿਨੀ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਰਸੁ ਕੰਤ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਸਾਉ ॥ ਸੁੰਞੇ ਘਰ ਕਾ ਪਾਹੁਣਾ ਜਿਉ ਆਇਆ ਤਿਉ ਜਾਉ ॥੧॥

Page 239

Look what Guru Arjun is saying to those who don't meditate -

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਜੈਸੇ ਸਰਪ ਆਰਜਾਰੀ ॥ ਤਿਉ ਜੀਵਹਿ ਸਾਕਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਬਿਸਾਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਏਕ ਨਿਮਖ ਜੋ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਮਹਿ ਜੀਆ ॥ ਕੋਟਿ ਦਿਨਸ ਲਾਖ ਸਦਾ ਥਿਰੁ ਥੀਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਾਸ ॥ ਕਾਗ ਬਤਨ ਬਿਸਟਾ ਮਹਿ ਵਾਸ ॥੨॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਭਏ ਕੂਕਰ ਕਾਮਸਾਕਤ ਬੇਸੁਆ ਪੂਤ ਨਿਨਾਮ ॥੩॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਜੈਸੇ ਸੀਙ ਛਤਾਰਾ ॥ ਬੋਲਹਿ ਕੂਰੁ ਸਾਕਤ ਮੁਖੁ ਕਾਰਾ ॥੪॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਗਰਧਭ ਕੀ ਨਿਆਈ ਸਾਕਤ ਥਾਨ ਭਰਿਸਟ ਫਿਰਾਹੀ ॥੫॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਕੂਕਰ ਹਰਕਾਇਆ ਸਾਕਤ ਲੋਭੀ ਬੰਧੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੬॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੈ ਆਤਮ ਘਾਤੀ ਸਾਕਤ ਨੀਚ ਤਿਸੁ ਕੁਲੁ ਨਹੀ ਜਾਤੀ ॥੭॥ ਜਿਸੁ ਭਇਆ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਤਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਿ ਜਗਤੁ ਤਰਾਇਆ ॥੮॥

Page 1010

ਮਾਰੂ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਰੈ ਤਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਮਰੁ ਭਾਗੋ ਕਿਸੁ ਪਹਿ ਜਾਉ ॥ ਜਿਸ ਕੈ ਡਰਿ ਭੈ ਭਾਗੀਐ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਨਾਉ ॥ ਮਾਰਹਿ ਰਾਖਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਤੂ ਬੀਜਉ ਨਾਹੀ ਥਾਉ ॥੧॥ ਬਾਬਾ ਮੈ ਕੁਚੀਲੁ ਕਾਚਉ ਮਤਿਹੀਨ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਕੋ ਕਛੁ ਨਹੀ ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਪੂਰੀ ਮਤਿ ਕੀਨ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਅਵਗਣਿ ਸੁਭਰ ਗੁਣ ਨਹੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਣ ਕਿਉ ਘਰਿ ਜਾਉ ॥ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਊਪਜੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਭਾਗਾ ਧਨੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥ ਜਿਨ ਕੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਸੇ ਬਾਧੇ ਦੂਖ ਸਹਾਹਿ ॥੨॥ ਜਿਨੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿਆ ਸੇ ਕਿਤੁ ਆਏ ਸੰਸਾਰਿ ॥ ਆਗੈ ਪਾਛੈ ਸੁਖੁ ਨਹੀ ਗਾਡੇ ਲਾਦੇ ਛਾਰੁ ॥ ਵਿਛੁੜਿਆ ਮੇਲਾ ਨਹੀ ਦੂਖੁ ਘਣੋ ਜਮ ਦੁਆਰਿ ॥੩॥ ਅਗੈ ਕਿਆ ਜਾਣਾ ਨਾਹਿ ਮੈ ਭੂਲੇ ਤੂ ਸਮਝਾਇ ॥ ਭੂਲੇ ਮਾਰਗੁ ਜੋ ਦਸੇ ਤਿਸ ਕੈ ਲਾਗਉ ਪਾਇ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਕੋ ਨਹੀ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਕਹਣੁ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥੪॥ ਸਾਜਨੁ ਦੇਖਾ ਤਾ ਗਲਿ ਮਿਲਾ ਸਾਚੁ ਪਠਾਇਓ ਲੇਖੁ ॥ ਮੁਖਿ ਧਿਮਾਣੈ ਧਨ ਖੜੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਆਖੀ ਦੇਖੁ ॥ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤੂ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਹਿ ਨਦਰੀ ਕਰਮਿ ਵਿਸੇਖੁ ॥੫॥ ਭੂਖ ਪਿਆਸੋ ਜੇ ਭਵੈ ਕਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਮਾਗਉ ਦੇਇ ॥ ਬੀਜਉ ਸੂਝੈ ਕੋ ਨਹੀ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਪੂਰਨੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ ਜਿਨਿ ਕੀਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਦੇਖਿਆ ਆਪਿ ਵਡਾਈ ਦੇਇ ॥੬॥ ਨਗਰੀ ਨਾਇਕੁ ਨਵਤਨੋ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਲੀਲ ਅਨੂਪੁ ॥ ਨਾਰਿ ਨ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਪੰਖਣੂ ਸਾਚਉ ਚਤੁਰੁ ਸਰੂਪੁ ॥ ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੋ ਥੀਐ ਤੂ ਦੀਪਕੁ ਤੂ ਧੂਪੁ ॥੭॥ ਗੀਤ ਸਾਦ ਚਾਖੇ ਸੁਣੇ ਬਾਦ ਸਾਦ ਤਨਿ ਰੋਗੁ ॥ ਸਚੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸਾਚਉ ਚਵੈ ਛੂਟੈ ਸੋਗ ਵਿਜੋਗੁ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਵੀਸਰੈ ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੁ ਹੋਗੁ ॥੮॥੩॥

Page 996, 473, 1428, 1247, - list is not exhaustive.

Japjisahib Ji, the point in reference is that, Gur Ghar has pointed to [above] and suggested the importance of meditation. It isn't by any measure the be all, end all factor - far from it. What is important, in my view is, the striking of the right balance between the spiritual, physical, mental and the emotional constitution of a person so that full human potential is utilised. That is to say, emphasis should be on, "what kind of a person am I to become to live well ?" And, Sikhism offers that very lifestyle where everything could be proportionalised and a life lived well, as a result..

ਕੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਕਰਨਾ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੈ?
by ਜਤਿੰਦਰ ਕੌਰ

ਸਾਨੂੰ ਬਾਬਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਨੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਮੰਤਰ ਰਟਨ ਤੋਂ ਵਰਜਿਤ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ। ਪਰ ਅਫਸੋਸ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗਲਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਬਾਬਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਨੇ ਕੱਢਿਆ, ਅਸੀਂ ਫਿਰ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੀ ਗਲਤਾਨ ਹੋ ਰਹੇ ਹਾਂ। ਪਰ ਅੱਜ ਇਹ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਪ੍ਰਥਾ ਚਲ ਪਈ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ-ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਰ-ਵਾਰ ਕਹਿਣਾ ਹੀ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੈ ਜਾਂ ਨਾਮ ਜੱਪਣਾ ਹੈ।

ਜਦਕਿ ‘ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ’ ਅਖਰ ਗੁਰਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ। ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ (ਸੱਚ ਦਾ ਗਿਆਨ) ਹੀ ਗੁਰਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਝ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਕੇ, ਉਸ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਜਿਉਣਾ ਹੀ ਨਾਮ ਜੱਪਣਾ ਹੈ, ਨਾ ਕਿ ਇੱਕ ਅੱਖਰ ਨੂੰ ਵਾਰ ਵਾਰ ਰਟਨਾ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣਾ ਹੈ। ਇਹ ਨਿਰੋਲ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣਵਾਦੀ ਵਿਚਾਰਧਾਰਾ ਹੈ, ਨਾ ਕਿ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ।

ਪਰ ਸਿੱਖ ਕੌਮ ਵਿੱਚ ਇੱਕ ਤੁੱਕ ਦੇ ਅਖਰੀ ਅਰਥ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੀ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਵਾਰ ਵਾਰ ਰਸਨਾ ਨਾਲ ਜਪਿ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਦੂਰ ਹੂੰਦੀ ਹੈ।
ਇਹ ਤੁੱਕ ਹੈ:- “ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੈ ਜਪੁ ਹਉਮੈ ਖੋਈ॥”
ਇਹ ‘ਤੁੱਕ’ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਦੀ 13ਵੀਂ ਵਾਰ ਦੀ ਦੁਸਰੀ ਪਉੜੀ ਵਿੱਚੋਂ ਹੈ। ਇਸ ‘ਤੁੱਕ’ ਦੇ “ਭਾਵ ਅਰਥ ਇਸ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਬਣਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ:-
ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ (ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ) ਦੇ ‘ਸੱਚ ਦੇ ਗਿਆਨ’ (ਗੁਰਮੰਤ੍ਰ) ਨਾਲ ਜੁੜ (ਜਪੁ) ਕੇ ਹਉਮੈ ਦੂਰ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ।”

ਰੱਬ ਨੂੰ ਹਰ ਥਾਂ ਹਾਜ਼ਰ ਨਾਜ਼ਰ ਜਾਣ ਕੇ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਪਵਿੱਤਰ ਅਤੇ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਭਉ (ਪਵਿੱਤਰ ਡਰ) ਵਿੱਚ ਹੀ ਭਾਓ (ਪਿਆਰ) ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਭਉ ਵਿੱਚ ਰਹਿ ਕੇ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਗੁਣ ਧਾਰਨ ਕਰਨੇ ਹੀ ‘ਅਸਲ ਭਗਤੀ’ ਕਹਿਲਾਉਂਦੀ ਹੈ। ਬਾਬਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਨੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਤੋਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਲਕਿ ਮਾਇਆ (ਕੂੜ) ਤੋਂ ਦਿਲਗੀਰ (ਨਿਰਲੇਪ) ਹੋਣ ਦੀ ਜਾਚ ਦੱਸੀ ਹੈ। ‘ਨਾਮ’ ਬਾਰੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਸਪੱਸ਼ਟ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ “ਏਕੋ ਨਾਮ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੈ, ਨਾਨਕ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਦਿਆ ਬੁਝਾਇ ਜੀਉ” ਭਾਵ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ (ਨਿਯਮ, ਕਾੰਨੂਨ) ਹੀ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਹੈ, ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ, ਮੈਨੂੰ ਇਹ ਸਮਝ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ (ਸੱਚ ਦੇ ਗਿਆਨ) ਨੇ ਬਖਸ਼ੀ ਹੈ। ਉਸ ਸੱਚ ਦੇ ਗਿਆਨ, ਭਾਵ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਝ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਬਣਾਏ ਨਿਯਮ, ਕਾੰਨੂਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਵਿੱਚਰਣ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਨਾਮ ਜੱਪਣਾ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ।

ਵੈਸੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਅਖਰੀ ਨਾਵਾਂ ਦੀ ਬਹੁਤ ਵਰਤੋਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਕਿ: ਰਾਮ, ਰਹੀਮ, ਅੱਲ੍ਹਾ, ਖ਼ੁਦਾ, ਹਰੀ, ਬੀਠਲ, ਭਗਵਾਨ, ਭਗਵੰਤ ਮਾਧੋ ਆਦਿ: ਹੋਰ ਬਹੁਤ ਨਾਮ ਹਨ, ਫਿਰ ਕਿਹੜਾ ਨਾਮ ਜੱਪਿਆ ਜਾਵੇ। ਇਸ ਬਾਬਤ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਬਹੁਤ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਣ ਹਨ।
ਮੁਖਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਕਰੈ ਵਿਰਲੈ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਵਸਾਇਆ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਨ ਕੈ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਵਸਿਆ ਮੋਖ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਤਿਨ ਪਾਇਆ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ 565)
ਰਾਮੁ ਰਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਸਭੁ ਜਗੁ ਫਿਰੈ ਰਾਮੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਾਇ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ 555)
ਇਸ ਲਈ ਕੋਈ ਖ਼ਾਸ ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ ਜਾਂ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ। ਸਗੋਂ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਭਗਤੀ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਣਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਜੋੜਿਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ।
ਊਠਤ ਬੈਠਤ ਸੋਵਤ ਨਾਮ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਨ ਕੈ ਸਦ ਕਾਮ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ 286)
ਊਠਤ ਬੈਠਤ ਸਪਵਤ ਧਿਆਇਐ॥ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਚਲਤ ਹਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਇਐ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ 386)
ਊਠਤ ਬੈਠਤ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵੈ ਦੂਖੁ ਦਰਦੁ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਭਾਗਾ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ 614)
ਆਦਿ ਕਿਨ੍ਹੇ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਣ ਹਨ, ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਨਾਮ ਜੱਪਣ ਦਾ ਇਸ ਢੰਗ ਨਾਲ ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ। ਇਹ ਨਾਮ ਜੋ ਕਦੇ ਵੀ ਨਾ ਵੀਸਰੇ, ਕਿਵੇਂ ਜਪਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ, ਸੱਪਸ਼ਟ ਹੈ ਕਿ “ਵਿਣ ਗੁਣ ਕੀਤੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਇ”। ਗੁਣਾਂ ਵਾਲਾ ਸਚਿਆਰ ਜੀਵਨ ਜੀਣਾ ਹੀ ਅਸਲ ਭਗਤੀ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਅਜਿਹਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਬਣਾਉਣ ਹਿੱਤ ਮੁਸ਼ੱਕਤ ਕਰਨੀ ਹੀ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੈ, ਤੱਪ ਹੈ। ਰੱਬ ਦਾ ਸਰੂਪ, ਭਗਤੀ, ਨਾਮ, ਸਿਮਰਨ, ਜਪ, ਤਪ ਆਦਿ ਵਿਸ਼ੇ ਇੱਕਠੇ ਹੀ ਹਨ, ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦਾ ਸੱਪਸ਼ਟ ਹੋਣਾ ਬਹੁਤ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੁ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਭਗਤੀ ਅਤੇ ਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੇ ਸਚਿਆਰ ਵਾਲੇ ਵਿਵਹਾਰ ਪੱਖ ਨਾਲ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ ਬਿਆਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ।

ਕਿਵ ਸਚਿਆਰਾ ਹੋਈਐ ਕਿਵ ਕੂੜੈ ਤੁਟੈ ਪਾਲਿ॥
ਹੁਕਮਿ ਰਜਾਈ ਚਲਣਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਨਾਲਿ॥ (ਜਪੁ ਜੀ)
ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਣ ਸੰਗ੍ਰਹਿ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੀ ਭਗਤੀ ਹੀ ਸਚਿਆਰਾਪਨ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ। ਇਸ ਸਚਿਆਰੇਪਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੀ ਧਰਮੀ ਹੋਣ ਦਾ ਆਨੰਦ ਹੈ। ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਵਾਰ-ਵਾਰ ਬਿਆਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ।
ਅਸਲ ਵਿੱਚ ਬਾਬਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਸਿਧਾਂਤਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਜੁੱੜ (ਸਮਝ) ਕੇ ਜੋ ਭਰਮ ਭੁਲੇਖੇ ਦੂਰ ਹੋਣ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਜੋ ਆਨੰਦ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਨਾਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲ ਸਕਦਾ। ਅਸੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਆਪਣਾ ਮਨੂੱਖਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਭਰਮ ਭੁਲੇਖਿਆਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਜਾਈਂ ਗਵਾ ਰਹੇ ਹਾਂ।
ਗਿਆਨੁ ਅੰਜਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਦੀਆ, ਅਗਿਆਨ ਅੰਧੇਰ ਬਿਨਾਸ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ 293)
ਹਮ ਅੰਧੁਲੇ ਗਿਆਨਹੀਨ ਅਗਿਆਨੀ ਕਿਉ ਚਾਲਹ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੰਥਾ॥
ਹਮ ਅੰਧੁਲੇ ਕਉ ਗੁਰ ਅੰਚਲੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਚਲਹ ਮਿਲੰਥਾ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ 696)
ਵਾਕਿਆ ਹੀ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਸੱਚ ਹੈ। ਆਪਾਂ ਰੋਜ਼ ਸ਼ਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਰਹਿਰਾਸ ਪਾਠ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਇਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ:
ਸੁਣਿ ਵਡਾ ਆਖੈ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਇ॥ ਕੇਵਡੁ ਵਡਾ ਡੀਠਾ ਹੋਇ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ 9)
ਸੱਚ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇੱਕ ਦੂਜੇ ਤੋਂ ਸਿਰਫ ਸੁਣਨ ਮਾਤਰ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਵੱਡੇ ਹੋਣ ਦਾ ਪਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਲੱਗ ਸਕਦਾ। ਵੱਡਾ ਤਾਂ ਵੇਖਣ (ਮਹਿਸੂਸ ਕਰਨ) ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਪਤਾ ਚਲਦਾ ਹੈ। ਖ਼ੈਰ ਮੈਂ ਜ਼ਿਆਦਾ ਕੁੱਝ ਨਾ ਕਹਾਂ।
ਕੁੱਝ ਅਜਿਹਾ ਵੱਧ ਘੱਟ ਕਿਹਾ ਗਿਆ ਹੋਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਮੈਂ ਖਿਮਾ ਦੀ ਜਾਚਕ ਹਾਂ। ਮੇਰਾ ਮਕਸੱਦ ਕੇਵਲ ਬਾਬਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਸਿਧਾਂਤਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਵਿਚਾਰਾਂ ਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਹੈ, ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਅਸੀਂ ਭਟਕੇ ਹੋਏ ਹਾਂ। ਬਾਬਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾ ਫੁਰਮਾਨ ਹੈ ਕਿ:
“ਆਪਿ ਜਪਹੁ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵਹੁ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ 290)
ਭਾਵ: ਆਪ ਸੱਚ ਦੇ ਗਿਆਨ (ਨਾਮ) ਨਾਲ ਜੁੜੋ (ਜਪਹੁ) ਅਤੇ ਹੋਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਜੋੜੋ (ਜਪਾਵਹੁ)।

ਜਤਿੰਦਰ ਕੌਰ

More related shads in SSGS...

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ||
ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ-ਪੰਨਾ ੭੩੨ || ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ || ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਨਿਤ ਕਪਟੁ ਕਮਾਵਹਿ
ਹਿਰਦਾ ਸੁਧੁ ਨ ਹੋਈ || ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਹਿ ਬਹੁਤੇਰੇ ਸੁਪਨੈ ਸੁਖੁ ਨ ਹੋਈ || ੧ ||

ਅਰਥ: ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਬਿਆਨ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਐ ਸਤ-ਸੰਗੀਓ, ਜੇਹੜੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਗ੍ਰਹਿਣ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦੇ, ਪਰ
ਮੂੰਹ-ਜ਼ਬਾਨੀ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਮ / ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਉਚਾਰਦੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਸਦਾ ਧੋਖਾ-ਫਰੇਬ ਭੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੂੰ
ਸਚਿਆਰ / ਗੁਰਮੁ੍ਨਖ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਿਹਾ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ [ ਐਸੇ ਇਨਸਾਨ ਰਾਤ-ਦਿਨ ਕਈ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਧਾਰਮਿਕ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਦੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ
ਹਨ, ਪਰ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸੁਪਨੇ ਵਿਚ ਭੀ ਕਦੇ ਆਤਮਿਕ ਆਨੰਦ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲਦਾ [ (੧)

The persons, who are full of deceit, though outwardly they pose to be great worshippers of the Almighty God, cannot purify themselves because of their clever and deceptive actions. For the worldly acclaim, such swindlers daily perform various rituals but they can never have peace of mind even in their dreams. (1)

ਗਿਆਨੀ ਗੁਰਬਿਨੁ ਭਗਤਿਨਹੋਈ||ਕੋਰੈਰੰਗੁਕਦੇਨਚੜੈ ਜੇਲੋਚੈਸਭੁਕੋਈ||੧||ਰਹਾਉ||
ਅਰਥ: ਆਪਣੇ-ਆਪ ਨੂੰ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਕਹਾਉਂਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ, ਇਹ ਸਦਾ ਯਾਦ ਰ੍ਨਖਣ ਕਿ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਗ੍ਰਹਿਣ
ਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ, ਭਗਤੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋ ਸਕਦੀ [ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਉ੍ਨਤੇ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੀ ਭਗਤੀ ਦਾ ਰੰਗ ਨਹੀਂ ਚੜ੍ਹ ਸਕਦਾ, ਭਾਵੇਂ ਕੋਈ
ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਤਰਲੇ ਕਰਦਾ ਰਹੇ ਜਿਵੇਂ, ਕੋਰੇ ਕ੍ਨਪੜੇ ਉ੍ਨਤੇ ਰੰਗ ਨਹੀਂ ਚੜ੍ਹਦਾ [ (੧-ਰਹਾਉ)

O dear learned persons! Try to understand clearly that one cannot truly worship the Almighty God, without seeking Divine’s refuge and Enlightenment. Just as unbleached cloth cannot be dyed without proper preparations, similarly even though someone wants to worship God, one cannot develop the love of the Almighty God in one’s heart without following the Divine Command, and lack of devotion. (1 – Pause)

ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਸੰਜਮ ਵਰਤ ਕਰੇ ਪੂਜਾ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਰੋਗੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ || ਅੰਤਰਿ ਰੋਗੁ ਮਹਾ ਅਭਿਮਾਨਾ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਖੁਆਈ ||੨||
ਅਰਥ: ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਨਿਛੇ ਤੁਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ, ਮੰਤ੍ਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਜਾਪ, ਧੂਣੀਆਂ ਦਾ ਤਪਾਣਾ, ਵਰਤ, ਆਦਿਕ ਕ੍ਨਸ਼ਟ
ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਾਧਨ ਕਰਦਾ ਰਹੇ, ਪਰ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਆਪਣਾ ਆਤਮਿਕ ਰਗੋ ਦੂਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋ ਸਕਦਾ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ
ਵਿਚ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਦਾ ਵ੍ਨਡਾ ਰੋਗ ਟਿਕਿਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਉਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਮੋਹ ਵਿਚ ਫਸ ਕੇ ਕੁਰਾਹੇ ਪਿਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ [ (੨)

The self-willed person cannot get rid of one’s malady of egoism even though that person may remain engaged in various penance, austerity, fasts and worship-offerings for outwardly show. In fact, such a faithless person is impure of heart with a very strong sense of egoism and dual-mindedness. (2)

ਬਾਹਰਿ ਭੇਖ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ਮਨੂਆ ਦਹਦਿਸਿ ਧਾਵੈ || ਹਉਮੈ ਬਿਆਪਿਆ ਸਬਦੁ ਨ ਚੀਨੈ੍ਹ ਫਿਰਿ ਫਿਰਿ ਜੂਨੀ ਆਵੈ ||੩||
ਅਰਥ: ਕਈ ਪਾਖੰਡੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ, ਲੋਕਾਈ ਨੂੰ ਵਿਖਾਉਣ ਲਈ ਕਈ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਧਾਰਮਿਕ ਭੇਖ ਬਣਾਉਂਦੇ ਅਤੇ ਚਾਲਾਕੀ ਵਿਖਾਉਂਦੇ
ਹਨ, ਪਰ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦਾ ਕਪਟੀ ਹਿਰਦਾ ਦਸੀਂ ਪਾਸੀਂ ਭਟਕਦਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ [ ਹੳਮੁ ੈ-ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਫਸਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਐਸਾ
ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਉਪਦੇਸ਼ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਗ੍ਰਹਿਣ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦਾ, ਸਗੋਂ ਵਾਰ ਵਾਰ ਦੁਨਿਆਵੀਂ ਤ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨਾ ਦੇ ਗੇੜ ਵਿਚ
ਪਿਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ |

Some impostors outwardly assume numerous guises and practice cleverness but their mind is never at rest and peaceful due to worldly desires and wandering in all the ten directions. Such persons remain engrossed in egoism without following the Guru’s teachings and accordingly, they remain entangled in worldly evils.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਸੋ ਬੂਝੈ ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ || ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਏਕੋ ਬੂਝੈ ਏਕਸੁ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਏ ||੪||੪||
ਅਰਥ: ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਰੂਹਾਨੀ ਗਿਆਨ-ਜੋਤਿ ਸਦਕਾ, ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਬਿਆਨ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਐ
ਸਤ- ਸੰਗੀਓ, ਜਿਸ ਇਨਸਾਨ ਉ੍ਨਤੇ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੀ ਰਹਿਮਤ ਹੋ ਜਾੲ,ੇ ਉਹੀ ਆਤਮਿਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਦੇ ਰਸਤੇ ਨੂੰ
ਸਮਝ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸਿਮਰਦਾ ਹੈ [ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਐਸਾ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਇ੍ਨਕ
ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਸਾਂਝ ਬਣਾਈ ਰ੍ਨਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਹਰ ਸਮੇਂ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਰਜ਼ਾਅ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਹੀ ਜੀਵਨ ਬਤੀਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ [ (੪ / ੪)

By virtue of Guru Nanak Sahib’s Spiritual Enlightenment, Guru Ramdas Sahib says that the person, who is bestowed with God’s Divine Grace, realizes Divine Virtues and recites the True Naam with devotion. Such a Guru-centric person attains God’s refuge and then becomes one with God. (4 / 4)

ਹੋਰ ਦੇਖੋ ! ਜਪੁ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੨ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਪੰਨੇ : ੧੯੪, ੪੯੧, ੫੬੫, ੧੩੭੫-੧੩੭੬... || ਉਚਰਹੁ ਰਾਮ
ਨਾਮੁ ਲਖ ਬਾਰੀ // ਰਾਮ ਰਾਮ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਕਹੈ ਕਹਿਐ ਰਾਮੁ ਨ ਹੋਇ || ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਰਾਮੁ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਤਾ ਫਲੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਕੋਇ || ਮੁਖਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਕਰੈ ਵਿਰਲੈ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਵਸਾਇਆ || ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਨ ਕੈ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਵਸਿਆ ਮੋਖ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ ਪਾਇਆ || ਕਬਿਤ ਸਵਯੇ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ (੫੪੨): ਜੈਸੇ ਖਾਂਡੁ ਖਾਂਡੁ ਕਹੈ ਮੁਖਿ ਨਹੀ ਮੀਠਾ ਹੋਇ ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਜੀਭ ਸਵਾਦ ਖਾਂਡੁ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਈਐ || ਜੈਸੇ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਗਿਆਨ ਕਹੈ ਗਿਆਨ ਹੂੰ ਨ ਹੋਤ ਕਛੁ ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਗੁਰ ਗਿਆਨ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਨ ਪਾਈਐ ||

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Japjisahib Jee

The common denominator in all of them is nam simran/meditation, that is why I thought you might enjoy a full read. No comments or reply was anticipated, it was purely for your perusal.
Goodnight Sir !
Original Jee

I was not able to trace this common denominator in the sabd or pankties quoted. I would once again request you to kindly give english translation of the sabd so that I may also follow your line of action.

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Of course I have, haven't you?
I may still be at times, are you not?

This is a BLOG about amrit vela and simran experiences, and I have no intentions of entertaining sakats and derailing the topic or Chaz's blog.

I know you cry yourself to sleep most nights, and maybe I could have helped. Sadly, I
haven't the slightest ounce of energy to respond to any of your mockery or little taunts. I recommend some Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), with a psychologist. I've been having mine for a few years and it's an amazing corrective approach.

I Am Selfish Often. And No, I do not cry myself to sleep. I Do however become ANGRY about falsehood and people that try to peddle it off as some sort of Secret formula for spiritual success that's rooted in This world. I 'm Adamant about correcting falsehood. And therefore have, and will express/express my ideas.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I agree. But when a person insists that Their connection is the only valid one, that's problematic.

yes, it is, but this is a personal blog, not a post, or a thread, so possibly a bit more respect for the individual and the individuals subject matter called for, the hounds of war should be saved for the forum, not personal blogs

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Dear Gurmit Singh Jee - SSA

The article by Jitinder Kaur highlights one very important point, that is, Baba Nanak's mission to rescue humankind from prehistoric belief n practices, notably, superstition and useless rituals. And instead, to embrace and understand the concept of "nam", hence, "...Nanak ka ghar kewal nam" [p1136 SGGSJ].

Nanak sets out in his preamble [moolmantar] to define and capture what otherwise is indefinite, ineffable, shapeless, formless an entity, namely, Satnam. It is this preamble which is the fountainhead of the ontological, ideological, theoretical and practical Sikh. But, how must a mere human being communicate with someone [Satnam] that is all of the above ? What must one do to merit Satnam's grace [gur prasad] ? This is where Nanak interjects and introduces the concept of Jap [silent repetitiion, open to wider interpretation], thus, aad sach jugad sach hai bhee sach [true in the beginning, true at the start of each epoch, true He is now..]. It is to this end, successive Nanak's developed it further, encapsulating as it were to what has conceptually become "nam simran" [remembrance of God or Waheguru].

From a theoretical perspective the rationale behind it is that Nanak's Nirankar is "live" and is beyond the realms of reason and empirical observation. The way to connect, to have His grace and to remain egoless is to nam jap [repeat His name]. This theoretical thinking has become a practical way of life for the contemplative Sikh adding value and spiritual ecstasy to what otherwise is unknown to the human intellect.

Given that it provides comfort to one's being and is subjective, must it be put on the stand of objectivity for cross examination ? Can it not be equated to the placebo effect, albeit, spiritual ?

The concept of nam simran is "spiritual" and cannot be reasoned with, it is to be lived, only then can understand thereof will begin to evolve. And, since there is no objective testing, it remains outside the parameters of the human intellect.

Much obliged -

Good day !

Last edited:

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
The article by Jitinder Kaur highlights one very important point, that is, Baba Nanak's mission to rescue humankind from prehistoric belief n practices, notably, superstition and useless rituals. And instead, to embrace and understand the concept of "nam", hence, "...Nanak ka ghar kewal nam" [p1136 SGGSJ].
I am wondering what is the difference between prehistoric belief and practices of useless rituals and so called nam simran when practically my several attempts found it is useless. You yourselves says Nanak kai ghar keval naam means in the house of nanak there is no useless rituals, supersitition but meaningful and innovative thoughts - divine virtues.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
LOL. In the Middle of your meditation, AMIDST Your 'Wahegurus', you think of Us! After you claim to have Surpassed thoughts and duality, You actively Defend yourself using a narrative and reduce God to a distant 'you'.

Is God ignorant? Do you have to update him of every happening of your Life? Is he a Plug-in that you have to update because God is INCAPABLE of understanding human life?

NAvdeep, unless you provide some quotes or something about the things that you claim people say...you seem to be just 'picking a fight' ... or as they said in school 'trouble making'

Where have i said i've surpassed my thoughts and duality?

have a little respect for yourself and your fellow posters and at least tell me where i've said that? lol :)

God understand us well and Truly.

I'm developing my own understanding and relationship with God...because my Ego and 5 thieves often get in the way...is that a bad thing? Have you read SGGS Ji ... it mentioned this quite a lot....a huuge amount :)

Did you ask your Guru about if Guru Ji is being over-emotional about His love for Waheguru? Did you Ask your Guru if he's selling a business? if Guru Ji is selling false claims about the possibility of experiencing waheguru whilst yet alive? :)

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I am wondering what is the difference between prehistoric belief and practices of useless rituals and so called nam simran when practically my several attempts found it is useless. You yourselves says Nanak kai ghar keval naam means in the house of nanak there is no useless rituals, supersitition but meaningful and innovative thoughts - divine virtues.

you found naam simran useless? meaning you were expecting some results?

there you have your problem :) ... I don;t love my parents because i want something back...

develop selflessness...it is so important....true love is selfless..

everything else is just a business transaction...i myself found it very difficult to get out of the constant monitoring of results...

read some of my blog entries....the most amazing naam simran...was when i just surrendered...didn't want anything...i was just happy to be in that moment...

read the shabad i posted earlier from Sri Guru Arjan DEv Ji...tell me if His heart is pouring out with Love of Waheguru...is He not showing us the way?

on my own personal journey...i have tried Naam Simran many times...and gave up..due to lifestyle problems...drinking, partying, and being in the wrong crowd...
but something was always prodding me to start again...and i did...several years later...i've never looked back

God Bless Ji

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I find sometimes there is often this assumption, that a person who is doing Naam Simran has suddenly overcome their Ego, and 5 thieves or Duality...

People do naam Simran out of love, and out of guidance by Guru Ji that it will help them with their 5 thieves..a long with Seva, earning honestly, and sharing with others...Ego doesn't just vanish...we need Ego to exists in this realm...it allow this communication...but as it dissolves..Waheguru becomes more apparent within us...and 5 thieves are controlled better.

And the reason some of us are here talking so passionately about it, is because we have discovered that there really is something to it... :)

there are no forms to fill, no money that needs to be paid....no group to join...its free, you can enjoy it all as a free spirit.

God Bless

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
you found naam simran useless? meaning you were expecting some results? there you have your problem :) ... I don;t love my parents because i want something back...develop selflessness...it is so important....true love is selfless..
when guru sahib clearly says, 'tudh bin hor ki mangna sirr dukhan, dai naam naam santokhia - then how could I think of fulfilling my worldly desires magically through so called naam simran other than gift of contentment. Guru sahib don't unnecessarily want me to waste my energy in repeating His name. Please just look at yourself on the mirror while repeating His name, you will find yourself like a joker.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Please just look at yourself on the mirror while repeating His name, you will find yourself like a joker.

this made me chuckle lol :)

JapjiSahib Ji... if it didn't do anything for you...then god bless you on your life journey...

For me however, and for many others...it seems to be working ...
During my Naam Simran, i have no time to look in the mirror, because my Dyaan is immersed in Him...and Waheguru takes my hand...at what point do you think i care what i look like during this :)

Ignoring Waheguru and the beauty of His Naam Simran, and listening to you instead, would make me the joker...

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
when guru sahib clearly says, 'tudh bin hor ki mangna sirr dukhan, dai naam naam santokhia - then how could I think of fulfilling my worldly desires magically through so called naam simran other than gift of contentment. Guru sahib don't unnecessarily want me to waste my energy in repeating His name. Please just look at yourself on the mirror while repeating His name, you will find yourself like a joker.

to be fair to Chazji, most practices that involve some sort of bliss or happiness make us look like jokers.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: