• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Daana Paani

Oct 4, 2012
The one reason why we don't care whether one is black or white is because we live with them and understand them better, we don't discriminate, but love all. through immigration, migrating to other places our love grows as we love and care for people of different races and kinds. if we had stayed on our own land within only our race i don't think we were gonna have such big hearts as we have now.
and no one would wanna leave a land that is full of great opportunities, problems push you to leave your land and live a better life.
and at the end, the whole land is of the Lord, would had been better if we all were allowed to go anywhere we wished, just rules to keep us civilized.

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Bro Tejwant and sister Love & Peace,
I appreciate your responses and generally agree there are often positive things which can result from cross-pollination of cultures. Nevertheless, I feel both of you put rather too rosy a view on this phenomenon.
I'm living in the US, where I was born. There was indeed an encounter between cultures that took place here. Europeans arrived on these shores, met the natives of this continent, and immediately began a program of theft, exploitation, forced relocation, starvation, poisoning, genocide, lying, treaty-breaking, duplicity, massacres and plunder that did not stop until they reached the opposite shore.
Meanwhile, the Spanish 'encountered' Indian cultures in South America and initiated a period of such ruthless bloodshed, it still makes one shudder to hear of it.
What we view as the 'land of opportunity' today rests on the bones of millions of innocents, slaughtered to make it possible.
I don't need to tell you how felicitous the encounters were between Europeans and Africans. As many as 150 million innocent Africans were captured, chained, caged like wild dogs, packed into cargo ships, raped, beaten to death, tossed into the ocean, sold and worked as beasts of burden, to built up this land of opportunity; the 'Land of the Free'. When the Belgians 'encountered' the peoples of Congo, or the Dutch, the peoples of South Africa, or the English, the Kikuyu of Kenya, the horrors that were perpetrated are among the darkest chapters in human history.
I could go on.
So, Love & Peace, with all due respect, when I hear you say: "migrating to other places, our love grows as we love and care for people of different races and kinds..." -I imagine there are many people who were on the receiving end of those migrations that may take a different view of just how magical that all turned out for them.

Oct 4, 2012
I understand your point Brother Onam, i am still 27 lots to learn yet. I do understand why you focus more on staying in your own country and to make it better.
Thanks for replying.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
dear all,

Actually Immigration/migration was just an ordinary munbdane example..to explain one of the "excuses" people give on Daana Paani. Would this explain why Guru Nank Ji travelled the World on Udasis ?? Becasue His Daana Paani in Talwandi....Sultan Pur was "finished"...and he nce He had to go to Turkey..Mecca..hardwaar..Assam etc etc ?? Of course NOT.

I meet many illegals suffering in Malaysia.when we ask them..the stock reply is..Daanna Panni khich liyayah..Punjab vich killeh zameen see, tractor see, naukar chakar haigeh see..chngah khandeh peendeh see..BASS DANNA PAANNI ??? and we go like DUH ?? Its NOT "DP" its GREED to STORE more than one can consume..he he..the ultimate Human Trait...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sorry for asking a potentially silly question, but what's the Parchi method?

Thanks

Ha Ha...Parchi is GAMBLING !! with the GURU as a Partner !!
Its played this way...

Write "Parchees" that is pieces of Paper..with your CHOICES/Suggestions...
Place them in front of SGGS..do ardass..take hukmnamah and pick ONE...Thats the WISH of the GURU..for YOU...
OR alternatively..throw them into a SAROVAR (Darbar sahib is the holiest..but Hemkunt etc will also work fine..or your local pond/swimming pool etc is also OK)....and do ardass..whichever Parchee FLOATS (or sinks your choice made beforehand)..thats what GOD WANTS !!

Famous Parchee decisions "

1. Made by Sukha Singh Mehtaab Singh...IF we RETURN form AMRITSAR with the Head of Massa ranghharr..then the DG is 100% by Guru Gobind Singh Ji....but IF we die in the attempt..then the DG is FAKE !!

2. Made by Bhai mani Singh to settle dispute betwene the Govt Friendly TATT KHALSA and the Banda Singh bahdur followers...the Banda Singh Parchee SANK...and Bhai mani Singh delcared them Perosna Non grata leading to their defeat at Mughal hands because the TTATT Khalsa deserted them.

Bhai MANI SINGH figures in BOTH these...in the First he had BOUND TOGETHER in one VOLUME the Bhai banno Bir version of AAD GRANTH + the DG writings he collected...the PANTH was DIVIDED ( nas it is now) on what to do with this..and Mehtaab singh sukha isngh made the Parchee decision !! and thats why we still have the DG DILEMMA dividing US.

I have seen many SIKHS..using the Parchee...and after reading the "gurus decision"....become sad faced..throw the parchees once more..do another ardass..and pick again..and again..UNTIL..hey PRESTO..the GURU MAKES THE CORRECT DECISION !!! Then they SMILE form ear to ear...and go do what they really WANTED !!

Got it Ishna Jios..??? want to do a Parchee decision ????

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh,

It may sound romantic and idealistic, but when I see so much migration and emigration I often wonder, what makes people flee their homelands?

The only reason people flee their home particularly men is money.In country like India the man's biggest respect criteria is how much He is earning.

I understand the contingencies of education and work opportunities, but ultimately I feel that the heroic thing to do is to end up in your own country and lend your education and wisdom and vision to restoring something beautiful there.
This sounds good in theory but in real world people will hardly do this.they have to sacrifice a lot of their career , money which very few will want to.Even if some people want to come back even then adjustment in life of India particularly rural area is going to be very difficult for them.Lack of electricity , hygiene , water , corruption etc are some issues which they will face

Otherwise I find there is much confusion and diluting of faith and identity when people scatter willy-nilly around the globe, often in abandonment of their homeland and heritage.
Faith , identity , culture , these factors are all secondary , first priority always is to earn money so you and your relatives can live comfortably.Only
after that a person think about other factors

If people take their earnings and their learnings back to their native countries and determine to apply them to the resurrection of some strength and glory there, there would be less transmigration necessary.
India already recieve 55 billion remitance .So lot of money is sent ,

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Its played this way...

Place them in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji..do ardass..take hukmnamah and pick ONE...Thats the WISH of the GURU..for YOU...
OR alternatively..throw them into a SAROVAR (Darbar sahib is the holiest..but Hemkunt etc will also work fine..or your local pond/swimming pool etc is also OK)....and do ardass..whichever Parchee FLOATS (or sinks your choice made beforehand)..thats what GOD WANTS !!

1. Made by Sukha Singh Mehtaab Singh...IF we RETURN form AMRITSAR with the Head of Massa ranghharr..then the DG is 100% by Guru Gobind Singh Ji....but IF we die in the attempt..then the DG is FAKE !!

2. Made by Bhai mani Singh to settle dispute betwene the Govt Friendly TATT KHALSA and the Banda Singh bahdur followers...the Banda Singh Parchee SANK...and Bhai mani Singh delcared them Perosna Non grata leading to their defeat at Mughal hands because the TTATT Khalsa deserted them.

Bhai MANI SINGH figures in BOTH these...in the First he had BOUND TOGETHER in one VOLUME the Bhai banno Bir version of AAD GRANTH + the DG writings he collected...the PANTH was DIVIDED ( nas it is now) on what to do with this..and Mehtaab singh sukha isngh made the Parchee decision !! and thats why we still have the DG DILEMMA dividing US.

I have seen many SIKHS..using the Parchee...and after reading the "gurus decision"....become sad faced..throw the parchees once more..do another ardass..and pick again..and again..UNTIL..hey PRESTO..the GURU MAKES THE CORRECT DECISION !!! Then they SMILE form ear to ear...and go do what they really WANTED !!

Do not forget to tie a pebble with it.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Its played this way...

Place them in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji..do ardass..take hukmnamah and pick ONE...Thats the WISH of the GURU..for YOU...

Thanks muchly Gyaniji.

I don't think I want to do that. This would be a very interesting discussion for another thread though. I may just start one later today.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM