• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Contradictions In Bible ?

Bittu

SPNer
Oct 24, 2008
Maharashtra,India
DEAR aad0002,
You said "Proselytizing is forbidden by forum rules".Yes, I am agree.But ,Plz tell me when did I tryied to Proselytiz people.I am just answering members questions, I am not forcing them to belive,thats individuals choice..I am answering exactly from the Bible not of my mind.and verses I posted here are not hard a child also can interprete those verses. I am just 19 yrs old how would i do missionary work. You are raising questions on Bible so,I am just defending my faith.I have joined other blogs/forums too but none of them told me ever like this.
You are disturbed because of my answer I am sorry for that !!,but why?
I have coated your answer. you said "Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj speaks more clearly than the Christian Scriptures. And 25 million people feel the same", that is why I said "WE CAN NOT MEASURE THE TRUTH BY THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE BELIVE IN THAT THING", am I wrong? you can not here others comment.I am not abusing anyone."Truth is harsh" but what i do truth is truth.

You also said,
"So you have to expect forum members of other faiths to disagree" Sorry brother at least I am not agree with this,I dont want people to disagree with my faith,I want to clear others doubt about my faith because there are many people in the world who are preaching wrong thing about Bible and christianity.Whats the use of answering of others questions if we have to expect others to disagree,then forum is useless.
What is missionary work plz tell me?
I never wanted and never want to hurt anyone,I am very sorry for talking straightly.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bittu ji

In a forum different points of view are taken on a subject. So if you are not doing missionary work, then you don't want to quote verses about salvation from the New Testament without also discussing them. Second warning.

shearwater

SPNer
Apr 3, 2008
Text without context is pretext. When you isolate certain veres and do not include the context, there is a false interpretation.

12 "Say to them: 'This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Every wineskin should be filled with wine.' And if they say to you, 'Don't we know that every wineskin should be filled with wine?' 13 then tell them, 'This is what the LORD says: I am going to fill with drunkenness all who live in this land, including the kings who sit on David's throne, the priests, the prophets and all those living in Jerusalem. 14 I will smash them one against the other, fathers and sons alike, declares the LORD. I will allow no pity or mercy or compassion to keep me from destroying them.' " Threat of Captivity

15 Hear and pay attention,
do not be arrogant,
for the LORD has spoken. 16 Give glory to the LORD your God
before he brings the darkness,
before your feet stumble
on the darkening hills.
You hope for light,
but he will turn it to thick darkness
and change it to deep gloom.

The context of this verse says that these folks God was going to crush were disobedient or arrogant. There is a verse in the Bible which says, "Despise not the chastening of the Lord; for whom he loves he chastens." God treats us according to his mercies when he can. But when we reject his guidance, we fall prey to our own desires and he corrects us with chastening to eliminate deficiencies on our character..

shearwater

SPNer
Apr 3, 2008
Re: Who is the father of Joseph?

The father of Joseph was Jacob, AKA Israel. Joseph was sold into slavery to a caravan going to Egypt. He was remarkably astute at managing the pharaoh's business and was granted a high office in the Egyptian Court. During a long famine, his brothers who betrayed him came seeking food and he was the one they were dealing with.

shearwater

SPNer
Apr 3, 2008
The references given for Joseph in the Old Testament refer to another time. The Joseph referred to here is from the New Testament when Christ was born of Mary. Joseph had no relations with Mary before Jesus was born so he can not exactly be called the father. Jesus, according to the Bible and what I believe, was incarnated (made flesh) into a human body through the birth process by the Holy Spirit; the third person of the trinity. That is what made him the unique God-Man.

j_uk

SPNer
Jan 15, 2009
DEAR aad0002,
You said "Proselytizing is forbidden by forum rules".Yes, I am agree.But ,Plz tell me when did I tryied to Proselytiz people.I am just answering members questions, I am not forcing them to belive,thats individuals choice..I am answering exactly from the Bible not of my mind.and verses I posted here are not hard a child also can interprete those verses. I am just 19 yrs old how would i do missionary work. You are raising questions on Bible so,I am just defending my faith.I have joined other blogs/forums too but none of them told me ever like this.
You are disturbed because of my answer I am sorry for that !!,but why?
I have coated your answer. you said "Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj speaks more clearly than the Christian Scriptures. And 25 million people feel the same", that is why I said "WE CAN NOT MEASURE THE TRUTH BY THE NUMBER OF PEOPLEBELIVE IN THAT THING", am I wrong? you can not here others comment.I am not abusing anyone."Truth is harsh" but what i do truth is truth.

You also said,
"So you have to expect forum members of other faiths to disagree" Sorry brother at least I am not agree with this,I dont want people to disagree with my faith,I want to clear others doubt about my faith because there are many people in the world who are preaching wrong thing about Bible and christianity.Whats the use of answering of others questions if we have to expect others to disagree,then forum is useless.
What is missionary work plz tell me?
I never wanted and never want to hurt anyone,I am very sorry for talking straightly.
Fateh ji
I have read your thoughts first of all in any faith is not wrong its the beliver who made faith wrong any mainstream faith is started by prophets send by almighty lord and so those prophets talk about humanity
example
MOHAMMAD talked about human
JESUS gave his massage for human
GURU NANAK gave message for human kind
RAM gave for the world
People like you and me try to mould the any faith according to our interest
In sikhism GURU JI has said SANT KI NINDA NANJA BAHUR BAHUR AVTAAR,dont insult or say anything bad to the any prophet so i am not going to say that jesus was wrong or his teaching was wrong becuase i am sikh i do listen to what Guru Ji has told me to do.
People like you had read few books and started contradicating other faith if you take the accence or depth of teaching of jesus and other prophets its same its not different
people like you are trying to create difference and you know NETWON THIRD LAW OF MOTION
EVERY ACTION HAS EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION if you said any thing wrong about other faith they will pick things from your faith that you may not agree of may hurt you if think you got the right path then go but dont try to pull other people to come with you
its advice to you if you like good if you dont its ok
As we sikh pray all time SARBADA KA BALA means god bless every one
My friend sikhi dont teach us to hate any one or dont want us to hate others
as its in Bani
AFAAL ALLAH NOOR UPAYA KUDRATH KE SAAB BANDHE EK NOOR TE SAAB JAG UPJHEAHI KOON BALLE KOON MANDHE
God Bless you

Nov 16, 2007
Khalsa jio,
Let alone Bible, there is no contradiction in whole universe created by Lord. If we attack faith of other people, we are not different from christians who think all non-christians will go to hell.
We humans have limited knowledge and with that little knowledge, we try and debate to prove that we are right. Only Lord knows all.
Best way to avoid these kind of unhealthy debates is to kill the thread right when it starts getting ugly. Forums should be to do veechar, not for vaad. No one will get closer to truth with these debates, it will only add to hatred.
I am posting full shabad quoted by j_uk ji. Read this beautiful shabad by Bhagat Kabir and then continue your debate.

ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ ॥
Prabhaatee:

ਅਵਲਿ ਅਲਹ ਨੂਰੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਕੇ ਸਭ ਬੰਦੇ ॥
First, Allah created the Light; then, by His Creative Power, He made all mortal beings.

ਏਕ ਨੂਰ ਤੇ ਸਭੁ ਜਗੁ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਕਉਨ ਭਲੇ ਕੋ ਮੰਦੇ ॥੧॥
From the One Light, the entire universe welled up. So who is good, and who is bad? ||1||

ਲੋਗਾ ਭਰਮਿ ਨ ਭੂਲਹੁ ਭਾਈ ॥
O people, O Siblings of Destiny, do not wander deluded by doubt.

ਖਾਲਿਕੁ ਖਲਕ ਖਲਕ ਮਹਿ ਖਾਲਿਕੁ ਪੂਰਿ ਰਹਿਓ ਸ੍ਰਬ ਠਾਂਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
The Creation is in the Creator, and the Creator is in the Creation, totally pervading and permeating all places. ||1||Pause||

ਮਾਟੀ ਏਕ ਅਨੇਕ ਭਾਂਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਸਾਜੀ ਸਾਜਨਹਾਰੈ ॥
The clay is the same, but the Fashioner has fashioned it in various ways.

ਨਾ ਕਛੁ ਪੋਚ ਮਾਟੀ ਕੇ ਭਾਂਡੇ ਨਾ ਕਛੁ ਪੋਚ ਕੁੰਭਾਰੈ ॥੨॥
There is nothing wrong with the pot of clay - there is nothing wrong with the Potter. ||2||

ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਸਚਾ ਏਕੋ ਸੋਈ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਕੀਆ ਸਭੁ ਕਛੁ ਹੋਈ ॥
The One True Lord abides in all; by His making, everything is made.

ਹੁਕਮੁ ਪਛਾਨੈ ਸੁ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਨੈ ਬੰਦਾ ਕਹੀਐ ਸੋਈ ॥੩॥
Whoever realizes the Hukam of His Command, knows the One Lord. He alone is said to be the Lord's slave. ||3||

ਅਲਹੁ ਅਲਖੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਲਖਿਆ ਗੁਰਿ ਗੁੜੁ ਦੀਨਾ ਮੀਠਾ ॥
The Lord Allah is Unseen; He cannot be seen. The Guru has blessed me with this sweet molasses.

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਮੇਰੀ ਸੰਕਾ ਨਾਸੀ ਸਰਬ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਡੀਠਾ ॥੪॥੩॥
Says Kabeer, my anxiety and fear have been taken away; I see the Immaculate Lord pervading everywhere. ||4||3||

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
lalihayer ji

Truly a very spiritual insight you are giving to the forum. The Shabad is wonderful. Thank you.

Khalsa jio,
Let alone Bible, there is no contradiction in whole universe created by Lord. If we attack faith of other people, we are not different from christians who think all non-christians will go to hell.
We humans have limited knowledge and with that little knowledge, we try and debate to prove that we are right. Only Lord knows all.
Best way to avoid these kind of unhealthy debates is to kill the thread right when it starts getting ugly. Forums should be to do veechar, not for vaad. No one will get closer to truth with these debates, it will only add to hatred.
I am posting full shabad quoted by j_uk ji. Read this beautiful shabad by Bhagat Kabir and then continue your debate.

ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ ॥
Prabhaatee:

ਅਵਲਿ ਅਲਹ ਨੂਰੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਕੇ ਸਭ ਬੰਦੇ ॥
First, Allah created the Light; then, by His Creative Power, He made all mortal beings.

ਏਕ ਨੂਰ ਤੇ ਸਭੁ ਜਗੁ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਕਉਨ ਭਲੇ ਕੋ ਮੰਦੇ ॥੧॥
From the One Light, the entire universe welled up. So who is good, and who is bad? ||1||

ਲੋਗਾ ਭਰਮਿ ਨ ਭੂਲਹੁ ਭਾਈ ॥
O people, O Siblings of Destiny, do not wander deluded by doubt.

ਖਾਲਿਕੁ ਖਲਕ ਖਲਕ ਮਹਿ ਖਾਲਿਕੁ ਪੂਰਿ ਰਹਿਓ ਸ੍ਰਬ ਠਾਂਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
The Creation is in the Creator, and the Creator is in the Creation, totally pervading and permeating all places. ||1||Pause||

ਮਾਟੀ ਏਕ ਅਨੇਕ ਭਾਂਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਸਾਜੀ ਸਾਜਨਹਾਰੈ ॥
The clay is the same, but the Fashioner has fashioned it in various ways.

ਨਾ ਕਛੁ ਪੋਚ ਮਾਟੀ ਕੇ ਭਾਂਡੇ ਨਾ ਕਛੁ ਪੋਚ ਕੁੰਭਾਰੈ ॥੨॥
There is nothing wrong with the pot of clay - there is nothing wrong with the Potter. ||2||

ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਸਚਾ ਏਕੋ ਸੋਈ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਕੀਆ ਸਭੁ ਕਛੁ ਹੋਈ ॥
The One True Lord abides in all; by His making, everything is made.

ਹੁਕਮੁ ਪਛਾਨੈ ਸੁ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਨੈ ਬੰਦਾ ਕਹੀਐ ਸੋਈ ॥੩॥
Whoever realizes the Hukam of His Command, knows the One Lord. He alone is said to be the Lord's slave. ||3||

ਅਲਹੁ ਅਲਖੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਲਖਿਆ ਗੁਰਿ ਗੁੜੁ ਦੀਨਾ ਮੀਠਾ ॥
The Lord Allah is Unseen; He cannot be seen. The Guru has blessed me with this sweet molasses.

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਮੇਰੀ ਸੰਕਾ ਨਾਸੀ ਸਰਬ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਡੀਠਾ ॥੪॥੩॥
Says Kabeer, my anxiety and fear have been taken away; I see the Immaculate Lord pervading everywhere. ||4||3||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: