• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Contentment, Enlightenment And God

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
So, I know what it feels like to be content, I have felt content since Tuesday just gone, on Tuesday, I realised that I , and I alone are responsible for my happiness, and thats it. Seems like such a simple concept, and a very obvious one, but until you truly really grasp it and understand it, and more importantly feel it, you cannot use that concept to see your needs and desires for what they are, yours,.

Contentment feels great, you still have problems, and unfulfilled desires, contentment just gives you the clear head to deal with your problems, and puts your desires into perspective with your problems and filters our what is important and urgent, and what is fun.

Contentment means that others cannot hurt or frustrate you, they can touch you, for sure, but if you concentrate on all the goodness in a person, and ignore the flaws, most people come out pretty well.

There will always be those that are needy, dependent, suffocating, education is the key here, but its hard, and its time consuming, and personally, I would cut free now, rather be dragged down by a drowning person, this type of martyrdom does not interest me any longer.

So, it seems that having found contentment,the next step would be enlightenment, the feeling of being at one with the god, it has taken 42 years to find what contentment is, and a very short time after that to realise it, I guess I actually have no idea what enlightenment actually is, so at this rate, I suppose I will find union with God around the age of 94

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: