• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World Community Club Plans Expansion

Chaan Pardesi

Writer
SPNer
Oct 4, 2008
London & Kuala Lumpur
Community club plans expansion

Community club plans expansion
Submitted by Najiah on Monday, October 18th, 2010

K. Rajan
Monday, October 18th, 2010 13:28:00

KUALA LUMPUR: United Sikh Sports & Cultural Club are hoping their 10th anniversary will be the start of a new chapter for the Kepong-based club.

The 10th anniversary dinner at Tatt Khalsa hall held recently served as a fundraiser for the club, which has been actively involved in sports among the Sikh community.

Club president Amar Singh Dhaliwal, said the club would be able to contribute more to society and sports if they had better facilities.

“The club is involved in football, netball, hockey and athletics. We have participated in several tournaments in Australia, India, Indonesia and Thailand, besides regularly competing in local tournaments,” said Amar.

“We run our programmes from a rented office in Kepong. Our plan is to acquire a facility of our own in the same area so we can run more programmes and be self sufficient.

“We need around RM1 million for the new facility. I hope to collect around RM60,000 to RM70,000 from our fundraising efforts and I hope that we can receive help from the government for the remaining amount.”

Guest-of-honour Datuk Daljit Singh Dhalliwal said he spoke to deputy sports minister Datuk Razali Ibrahim regarding the club’s plan.

“He advised us to register the club with the Sports Commissioner Office and I will help the club with the registration procedures,” Daljit said.

“I hope the government helps this club expand. I'm confident the club would contribute more to the society if they had better facilities.”

http://www.mmail.com.my/content/52565-community-club-plans-expansion

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: