• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Chunni Tips And Tricks :)

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Personally, I have always been unwilling to suffer to be beautiful. No high heels. No tight jeans. Fortunately, Punjabi suits are incredibly comfortable and beautiful, too.

I see no reason why any woman wouldn't be able to carry one off. Bheinji Akasha is absolutely gorgeous...and that same turquoise would be perfect on a blonde, too.

I just saw the one with black dastaar and reddish chunni. Stunning!

I have long felt that the only thing I can keep on my head is hair. I use a scarf all the time, usually smaller than a chunni. It's mostly the fabric. Silky looks nice and feels good against the skin, but won't even begin to stay on.

Dastaar is absolutely the best. I'd tie if I were able. I look forward to seeing you in CF with dastaar. Canada is very supportive of gender equality and I'm certain you can prevail. If necessary, I'm sure Sikh Coalition would go to bat for you.

Canada is coolo. :soccersingh:

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Personally, I have always been unwilling to suffer to be beautiful. No high heels. No tight jeans. Fortunately, Punjabi suits are incredibly comfortable and beautiful, too.

I see no reason why any woman wouldn't be able to carry one off. Bheinji Akasha is absolutely gorgeous...and that same turquoise would be perfect on a blonde, too.

I just saw the one with black dastaar and reddish chunni. Stunning!

I have long felt that the only thing I can keep on my head is hair. I use a scarf all the time, usually smaller than a chunni. It's mostly the fabric. Silky looks nice and feels good against the skin, but won't even begin to stay on.

Dastaar is absolutely the best. I'd tie if I were able. I look forward to seeing you in CF with dastaar. Canada is very supportive of gender equality and I'm certain you can prevail. If necessary, I'm sure Sikh Coalition would go to bat for you.

Canada is coolo. :soccersingh:

Its funny looking back on this now LOL.

Actually World Sikh Organization Canada helped me. Bhai Balpreet Singh Ji. He is legal counsel for them and works on these sorts of cases. have been tying dastar for 2 years now continuously every day. And prior to that, on weekends at Gurdwara for about 6 months prior. The story made Times India in print! I actually had half a page :) I still can't believe it! Please note, I have changed my name legally taking a Sikh name (I had to have Kaur in my legal documents prior to marriage and I also took a first name since I was taking Amrit as well). So I am legally Harkiran Kaur in my passport etc.

TimesIndia.jpg

WSO.png

And here I am in uniform at Indiafest 2015 in Halifax, Canada - representing the Defence Visible Minority Advisory Group (I am a member of the advisory group)
Indiafest2.jpg

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Its funny looking back on this now LOL.

Actually World Sikh Organization Canada helped me. Bhai Balpreet Singh Ji. He is legal counsel for them and works on these sorts of cases. have been tying dastar for 2 years now continuously every day. And prior to that, on weekends at Gurdwara for about 6 months prior. The story made Times India in print! I actually had half a page :) I still can't believe it! Please note, I have changed my name legally taking a Sikh name (I had to have Kaur in my legal documents prior to marriage and I also took a first name since I was taking Amrit as well). So I am legally Harkiran Kaur in my passport etc.

View attachment 19861

View attachment 19862

And here I am in uniform at Indiafest 2015 in Halifax, Canada - representing the Defence Visible Minority Advisory Group (I am a member of the advisory group)
View attachment 19863

Wow awesome :) do you have to wear the army badge on your dastar though?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM