• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Charities

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Hello dear ones,

I was wondering if I could ask a question?

Im looking to set up an online donation back home, to a charity. Does anyone here have any experience with donating back home & they know the charity to be 100% reliable? And the $$ actually goes to people?

Thank you. xx Blessings Bye!

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
What do you mean by back home?

I know the guy who shot this video really well and he spent a lot of time with the kids being helped by this charity.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1374752447164

My grandfather had a lot of involvement in the Pingalwara trust when he was alive.

A friend of mine works for Plan UK which works around the world in helping girls and women to improve conditions for the entire community.

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Thank you!

By back home, I meant Punjab. I have a pap here w/ the food bank, so I thought I might set up smthing w/ uh... in india. W/ Pingalwara, I looked at their website, Im not sure of the interaction between accounts here & out of country. So I guess I was looking for something that's really trusted & someone had Good experience w/.

I was also looking at this http://gurunanakanathashram.org/
:)

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Navdeep,

Guru Fateh.

First, let me congratulate you for this thought for a noble cause. I am a bit confused when you said online charity though. Online is just one mean which is mostly used to collect money if people are interested in your cause but this is a small twig of the whole orchard. It is also used to organise the already established charities.

Charity from my own personal experience is a hands on endeavour in order for it to be fruitful.

First you have to register it as a national/international entity for the transfer of the funds collected. Then, you have to have your own people in India to make sure the funds are used for the right purpose unless you want to give your own money to the already established charities.

Here are a few examples:

1. Free books and stationary to the school children in Punjab.

You have to have contact with the schools, check the books they use, get in touch with the publishers/manufacturers/wholesalers to get them at discount and have someone deliver these personally to the students otherwise, they will rot in some school storage.

2. Free dispensaries normally linked to the Gurdwaras.

This is more intricate and I can explain to you in details if you want to do that.

3. Offering salaries to the teachers in Khalsa Schools.

Again, if interested, let me know.

4. Building schools in Punjab for free education.

Of course, one could think of many other noble things. I only know of these four. The first rule is to start small, urge people to join in if you do not have enough funds on your own, organise, and have manpower in the places.

The main goal is that the real help is provided directly to the people without money being lost in futile things in-between.

Tejwant Singh

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Tejwant Ji,
Thank you for your help!
Honestly, I'd never thought further than basic needs when it comes to charity. Just b/c I feel many people are deprived of that & it's the biggest Unfairness I witness.
I had a bit of income coming in Not a whole lot! But i thought I'd share it b/c as a lone woman, there.s No shortgae of unecesary frivouous things for me to spend it on! Hehe.
Sikhi being Very present based is great for a nudge or a kik in the butt, to act right! Hehe
Unfortunately a lot of people don't understand these days.
Advancement is not. In technology u don't understand. It's not about following everybody else. It's about honing yourself & leading, if alone.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I strongly suggest the charity set up to assist with blown head gaskets on Range Rovers, this is a wonderful foundation setup for those poor souls who have bought old Range Rovers only to find that the water pump seize and the head gasket to go.

Just one simple donation of £800 can put a smile back on the face of those deprived of decent water pumps, £300 can get an air suspension system back up and running.

These poor deprived and yes, stupid people need your help, to get their dignity back, their life back,

Paypal@newheadgasketforharry.com

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I strongly suggest the charity set up to assist with blown head gaskets on Range Rovers, this is a wonderful foundation setup for those poor souls who have bought old Range Rovers only to find that the water pump sieze and the head gasket to go.

Just one simple donation of £800 can put a smile back on the face of those deprived of decent water pumps, £300 can get an air suspension system back up and running.

These poor deprived and yes, stupid people need your help, to get their dignity back, their life back,

Paypal@newheadgasketforharry.com

Harry ji,

Guru Fateh.

I have a suggestion to make. Call Tata Motors in Mumbai. The Parsis are very charitable people.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM