• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

CHALLENGE: Can YOU Break The Science Barrier?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
great minds think alike! :{;o: tee hee

oooo and i want to replace the word knowledge with information. is information itself energy?.... not really or is it?

therefore the answer to your question "what is NOT energy"? .... information

information itself is not energy but it can only be understood and applied vis a vis the expenditure of energy.

Externalism:
Proof by deduction.
suppose that information is a form of energy?

what about the information that we do not know, is that energy? or does the information that we do not know, not exist?

but in that case where is all the new information coming from over the lapse of a second if unfound information does not exist? it has to be 'created' (interchangeable with the word realization).

if you believe information is energy please note that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. therefore information cannot be created nor destroyed.

but information can be created and destroyed, therefore conclusively information is not energy.

so, information is not energy, what we do not know does not exist at present but will come into existence eventually provided we invest and convert energy.

lets say i have information that you wanted because you didnt know that information, and you were prepared to trade me large sums of money (energy) for it:rolleyes:. Do you believe in the existence of that information at the time of the transaction?

we believe in the existence of information even though we know nothing about it.

this stuff is whack!

Sinster ji,

Guru Fateh.

Information, Knowledge both are the results which are obtained by using Energy. One can not obtain them without energy. Anything and everything is obtained by using energy.

All these are related to my second part of the question about energy.

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Bhagat Singh ji,

Guru fateh.

I know you contested but whether you did or not, is meaningless here. Most people would go with the dictionary definition. So its more likely that Dawkins is also going with that version. If he didn't, he would have to clarify, like how he clarified his view on God by referring to it as a pantheistic God.

We have been talking about your claim that:
Your assertion and claim is that "Sikh God is supernatural ".

We are not arguing about what Dawkins thinks. That is not part of our interaction.

Does SGGS not say that there is a supreme being , an almighty?

Ik Ong Kaar is NOT a being.

Such a deity by definition is supernatural.

Ik Ong Kaar is not a deity either. That is the beauty of Sikh way of life.

"hukumai undr sabh ko bahar hukum ma koi"

The above does not mean Ik Ong Kaar is Supernatural but everything works under the law of nature.

A question would be wrong in the sense that when you ask about e.g. the universe, asking "Who created the universe?" is the wrong question. A better one is "What created the universe?"
Similarly, when one wants to know about something e.g. bhagat, one would ask "What is a Bhagat?" not "What is not Bhagat?"

I have no idea what you are talking about in the above. It has nothing to do with what I said and what I said was," Related and relevant questions to the subject discussed are always valid.

Energy is not subjective. So its not the same as asking "what is not beautiful?" " What is not smart?"
When you ask taht question it sounds meaningless. It woule be equally meaningless to ask "What is a not a vetor?" "What is not planet?"

The above is irrelevant to our discussion and seems senseless. I think you ignored the second part of my question.

Let me ask you," What does not require Energy in order to occur or happen?
I give you two out of many types of wrong questions, above. Your question falls in both categories. Both types of questions would include infinite amount of answers, which is not the smart way to talk about things. :D

You are being argumentative. Nothing more.

Did you check out the link? That's what energy is defined as. In diferent fieldds of science the definition is slightly altered to suit the context but its still talking about the same thing.

Yes I did.:)

Energy = a quantity without direction that describes the amount of work done by a force
Its also considered an attribute. For example, a fruit maybe described in terms of energy.

Thanks for the above.

My question to you still remains and you are still ignoring it (it sure seems taht way).
What is Creative Energy? Explain. ...

Read my earlier posts. I did say what it is.

Tejwant Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sinister Ji,
The "miracle stories" are in the Janamsakhis..oral traditions....
NOT in the Gurbani written and testified to by the Gurus themsleves under their signature.
The Janamsakhis..especially the Bhai bala one is written by Anti-Sikh elements called the Hindalis and was written to show Guru nanak ji in bad light, inferior to their Guru...and also contains so much of thsi miracle stuff... a small note about the Janamsakhis here...
Encyclopaedia of Indian literature ... - Google Book Search

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear Bhagat Ji,

Thank you very much for the u-tube presentation of Dr. Hawkins, Breaking the Science Barrier”and I enjoyed it fully.

We believe in the natural, in the unbroken and unbreakable succession of cause and effect under the Will of Absolute Principle (Akal Purkh). Religion and science can co-exist with a little tolerance and rationality and mutual respect. Humans should enjoy the strides of science, while enjoying the comforts provided by being humble towards that unfathomable, incomprehensible Higher Power. To live under the Will of God is to accept the present as is. It is not liking or unliking the facts of the present (or a situation) but accepting it as Its Will.

There is no absolute scientific proof of the presence of The Absolute Principle or the Infinite God; henceforth Its subtle essence cannot be obtained by any one. Religion and science will always clash due to perceived insults to the research and rationality by fundamentalists and non progressive individuals. Spirituality was the domain of the faith but lately science has developed with close alignment. God cannot be completely contained with in nature and therefore God’s existence is out side the science’s ability to weigh in. Scientists are not blind believers but make a critical analysis of the evidence, quite opposite to the religious approach based on blind faith and belief. On the other hand because something is vastly improbable, we need a God to explain it. Since we are profoundly ignorant about certain things we need to work on them like understanding the physiology of conscience to reduce human suffering of pain and depression.

Can the religion stand up to the progress of science is the main question?

Science is the real redeemer. It will put honesty above hypocrisy; mental veracity above all belief. It will teach the religion of usefulness. It will destroy bigotry in all its forms. It will put thoughtful doubt above thoughtless faith. We know that science has given us all we have of value. Science is the only civilizer. It has freed the slave, clothed the naked, fed the hungry, lengthened life, given us homes and hearths, pictures and books, ships and railways, telegraphs and cables, engines that tirelessly turn the countless wheels, and it has destroyed the superstition.

Science and medical technology have prolonged the average life span of humans in many countries. Does it mean that people are becoming more virtuous and God is blessing them back by extension in their life span by the virtue of Karma (cause & effect)?
Not IMHO.

Conclusion;

Science ends, when reason fails and then spirituality takes over, how ever Guru Arjan IMHO talks about evolution in Raag Gauri;

ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਭਏ ਕੀਟ ਪਤੰਗਾ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਗਜ ਮੀਨ ਕੁਰੰਗਾ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਪੰਖੀ ਸਰਪ ਹੋਇਓ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਹੈਵਰ ਬ੍ਰਿਖ ਜੋਇਓ ॥ਮਿਲੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ ਮਿਲਨ ਕੀ ਬਰੀਆ ॥ਚਿਰੰਕਾਲ ਇਹ ਦੇਹ ਸੰਜਰੀਆ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਸੈਲ ਗਿਰਿ ਕਰਿਆ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਗਰਭ ਹਿਰਿ ਖਰਿਆ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਸਾਖ ਕਰਿ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥ਲਖ ਚਉਰਾਸੀਹ ਜੋਨਿ ਭ੍ਰਮਾਇਆ ॥ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਭਇਓ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ॥ਕਰਿ ਸੇਵਾ ਭਜੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ॥

Kayee Janam Bha-ay Keett Patangaa, “Kayee Janam Meen Kurangaa, Kayee Janam Pankhee Sarap Hooeyoo, Kayee Janam Haivar Birkh Jooeyoo, Mil Jagdeesh Milan Kee Baree-aa, Chirankaal Eh Deh Sanjaree-aa, Kayee Janam Sail Gir Kariaa, Kayee Janam Garabh Hir Khariaa, Kayee Janam Saakh Kar Oupaaey-aa, Lakh Chauraasee Joan Bharmaaey-aa, Saadh Sung Bhaeo Janam Praapat, Kar Seva Bhaj Har Har Gurmat.

In so many incarnations, you were a worm and an insect. In so many incarnations, you were an elephant, a fish and a deer. In so many incarnations, you were a bird and a snake. In so many incarnations, you were yoked as an ox and a horse. Now it is time to meet the Creator of the Universe. After so very long, this human body was fashioned for you. In so many incarnations, you were rocks and mountains; in so many incarnations, you were aborted in the womb. In so many incarnations, you developed branches and leaves. You wandered through 8.4 million incarnations (evolution). Through the Sadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, you obtained this human life. Do seva, selfless service; and vibrate the Akal Purkh's Name. -----Guru Arjan, Raag Gauri Guareri, AGGS, Page, 176

Cordially,

Virinder S. Grewal

Sinister Ji,
The "miracle stories" are in the Janamsakhis..oral traditions....
NOT in the Gurbani written and testified to by the Gurus themsleves under their signature.
The Janamsakhis..especially the Bhai bala one is written by Anti-Sikh elements called the Hindalis and was written to show Guru nanak ji in bad light, inferior to their Guru...and also contains so much of thsi miracle stuff... a small note about the Janamsakhis here...
Encyclopaedia of Indian literature ... - Google Book Search

I agree completely, why would those, who were carrying the burden of fixing a distressed and failing society employ magic or advocate the existence of magic?

as this would clearly be counter-productive to the task which required great struggle and sacrifice. All humanists lead by example so that the change brought about lasts. How would change (or belief), brought about with the help of mystics, last or be justifiable?

all of the 'hoop-lah' was added 'after the fact' ... by a bunch of know nothings who thought it would be 'cute' to mess around with the telling of such a vibrant and rich history. (or possibly by enemies 'during the fact')

found these (extremely informative for those who want a crash course in evolution)

YouTube - How Evolution REALLY Works, Part I

YouTube - How Evolution REALLY Works, Part II

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: