• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Celebrity Saudi Preacher 'raped' And Tortured His Five-year-old Daughter To Death

Chaan Pardesi

Writer
SPNer
Oct 4, 2008
London & Kuala Lumpur
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ath-escapes-light-sentence.html#axzz2Jgc5P69J

Celebrity Saudi preacher 'raped' and tortured his five-year-old daughter to death

• Lama al-Ghamdi's back was broken and she had been raped and burned
  • She died in October from her injuries after ten months in hospital
  • Her father Fayhan al-Ghamdi, a prominent Islamist preacher, admitted beating her but was freed after agreeing to pay £31,000 compensation
  • Campaign to give women and children better protection gaining momentum
By Becky Evans

PUBLISHED:12:18, 4 February 2013| UPDATED:19:26, 4 February 2013

A Saudi preacher who tortured his five-year-old daughter to death has been released after agreeing to pay 'blood money', activists said.

Lama al-Ghamdi died in October having suffered multiple injuries including a crushed skull, broken ribs and left arm, extensive bruising and burns.

The child had also been repeatedly raped and the burned.

Lama suffered multiple injuries including a crushed skull, broken ribs and back, bruising and burns. She had been raped repeatedly and died of her injuries in October

Her father Fayhan al-Ghamdi, a prominent Islamist preacher who regularly appears on television in Saudi Arabia, served only a few months in jail despite admitting having used a cane and cables to inflict the injuries.

Activists from the group Women to Drive said the preacher had doubted Lama's virginity and had her checked up by a medic.
More...

Randa al-Kaleeb, a social worker from the hospital where Lama was admitted, said the girl's back was broken and that she had been repeatedly raped.

Her injuries were then burned.

Rather than the death penalty or a long prison sentence, the judge in the case ruled the prosecution could only seek 'blood money', according to activists.

The money is compensation for the next of kin under Islamic law.

Saudi preacher Fayhan Ghamd was given a £31,000 fine despite admitting beating his daughter with a cable

Activists said the judge ruled the few months al-Ghamdi spent in prison since his arrest in November was sufficient punishment.

He has reportedly agreed to pay £31,000 ($50,000), which is believed to have gone to Lama's mother.

The amount is half that would have been paid if Lama had been a boy.

Activists say under Islamic laws a father cannot be executed for murdering his children. Husbands can also not be executed for murdering their wives, the group say.

Three Saudi activists, including Manal al-Sharif, who started the women's right to drive campaign, have raised objections to the ruling.

A social media campaign is now gaining momentum after the ruling was publicised.

Manal al-Sharif has launched a campaign on Twitter using the hashtag 'Ana Lama', which is translated as I am Lama, calling for better protection for children and women.

Local reports say public anger in Saudi Arabia is also growing and authorities have said they will create a 24-hour hotline to take calls about child abuse.

Women to Drive said in a post on their Facebook page

Attachments

• article-2273171-1755D62D000005DC-504_634x458.jpeg
    article-2273171-1755D62D000005DC-504_634x458.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Reads: 469
  • SECOND.jpg
    SECOND.jpg
    20.9 KB · Reads: 464
Last edited by a moderator:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Weird thing is that he is a preacher. Weirder thing is that their religious law is so sexist. :/

Read the Charitropakhyan in the DG Kitab..its not much different in what it TEACHES....thats why many SIKHS oppose it...and many "sikhs" equate it to SGGS..the Nirmal Granth Guru and connect the name of Guru Gobind Singh ji to it and revere it !!

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Just to add, the one's that equate it do so very blindly !!
References are misinterpreted as the satguru has references to soul bride and husband God..etc.. and how the bride waits and longs to be in communion with lover husband God.
Whereas charitro is all about 'kaam' and not about any soul bride/Husband God.

Two-major differences that can't and shouldn't be equated.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This is a crazy question, I know and maybe there is no answer. But was this story covered in the Islamic/Middle East press? How did Daily Mail get hold of it. I would really like to know, if it was covered in the middle east, how it was covered.

On Google I see it was covered in the Israeli news, on many blogs and western media. That is all I can find.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
:(

Does he have no heart or conscience? What makes a person think those actions are even remotely acceptable to god, to society, to the child?

I really don't know how the hell this guy can sleep !!
Does he really believe that because he's not punishable by death by islamic law, that it's OK.
Does it really mean as much to him as speeding ticket where one pays a fine compared to reckless speeding resulting in manslaughter, where one may get some punishable years behind bars ???

I actually saw this heading topic some hours ago in the forum index, but I just couldn't make myself click on it to read further about this monstrous act.

It is at times like this that I actually wish that a 'Hell' does exist !

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Does he really believe that because he's not punishable by death by islamic law, that it's OK.
Does it really mean as much to him as speeding ticket where one pays a fine compared to reckless speeding resulting in manslaughter, where one may get some punishable years behind bars ???

I actually saw this heading topic some hours ago in the forum index, but I just couldn't make myself click on it to read further about this monstrous act.

Ok If you have the stomach for the full details and an education as to how "protection" of women unfolds, read this article at saudiwoman.me

http://saudiwoman.me/2013/01/31/rest-in-peace-lama/

This is the easy part of the article, easy to read

It’s a horror story on all levels. Yet the horror did not end with Lama’s death last October, as the court has initially decided that the four months that the father/murderer spent in prison is enough time and that all he has to do is pay blood money. Four months and a few thousand riyals is the cost of Lama’s innocence and life. This outcome is based on a hadith that does not occur in the two top resources for hadith, Bukhari and Muslim. It also goes against the Quran’s condemnation of fathers who murder their daughters. The hadith translates into “A father is not executed for his child.” Of course the patriarchal misogynistic scholars and judges who use this hadith to justify not punishing Al Ghamdi, do not care about the long-term implications of such a ruling. According to Suhalia Zainalabdeen, a member of the National Society for Human Rights, in all of her career she knows of only one case in which a father was severely punished for torturing and killing his daughter. She says that this leniency is also extended to those who murder their wives. She gives two examples of similar cases. One in which a husband cut his wife’s throat as she was breastfeeding their child and he only got five years for it. Another is the case of a husband who tied his wife to his car and dragged her until she died. He got twelve years.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I can't honestly get to read that, it makes me feel dizzy, sick, angry, disgusted... are just a few words to mention.
I'm not sure if it'sgetting older or because of having your own kids, but I find myself getting more and more 'senstized' instead of desensetized to increasing exposure of such news !!

It's just ALL too much!!
What the hell is going on in this world ??

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
This is the Wahhabi school of thoughtlessness of Islam which is spreading around the world. Women are mere tools. Idols, icons, old scriptures, graves of the sages are being destroyed mercilessly with vengeance from Afghanistan to Timbuktu.

Women are treated as vessels of breeding and raping which is part of Islam. They are covered from head to toe where no one can see their external scars, much less the internal ones.

The Saudi Bedouins who used to sit on dirt floors want to keep their cushioned golden chairs in the gilded, gaudy palaces with multiple women, some younger than their own daughters. This is the pact they have made with the Mullahs/Preachers of Islam who can rape,murder their own off springs at will.

The harems in these palaces are filled with 82 re-hymenised virgins(a very common practice among the Muslim girls in Europe especially in Germany);all in the name of Allah. And, once the meat is consumed, they are discarded like carcasses, so the other ones in waiting can take their respective places.

Hence,The Play of Barbarity continues on the same stage where the audience and the participants are the same which consist of the once used to be Bedouins; now The Kings and Princes of The Royal Court and The Mullahs/Preachers, The Actual Throne Holders.

One wonders who is holding the fly whisks!

When a religion teaches to erase the humanity in a person, then the carnage of the soul becomes the happy meal.

There is an invisible line between the picture above and the ones in the magazine with the Nihang's article shared by Ishna ji. Both are treated for the same purpose in mind by the fiendish men.

Tejwant Singh

Attachments

• Burqua.jpg
    Burqua.jpg
    10.1 KB · Reads: 449
Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Chan Pardesi ji

Apologies to you. However, I had to make the images for this thread starter article smaller and then upload them as attachments. They were linked by url and they were large. This causes a black space in the Spotlight. That was the only way I could fix the problem. Thanks for your article however as it has stirred much discussion.

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Gurfateh, Tejwant Singh ji,
Thank you for a great post! At the risk of calling a fatwa down on my head, there is a book I would like to recommend to anyone interested in this thing called "Islam".
"Why I am not a Muslim" by Ibn Warraq.
I warn you, if you have any love for the faith of Islam, this book will destroy it. It is a devastating critique of this religion, intensely researched, lucidly stated, and absolutely withering in its denunciation of Islam. So, when we see stories like the one cited in this thread and wonder how this faith permits such abuses, an understanding of the history of this religion is essential.
As Sikhs, we are firstly devoted to Truth, and, as such, must be willing to always look to the true heart of a matter. The heart of Islam, it turns out, is not a beautiful religion of peace which is being misrepresented by fanatics, but rather it has very dubious origins, solidly and indisputably documented by this author.
To the extent that there are muslims living out beautiful lives and deeds, they are rather adhering to a holiness beyond Islam, or any religion really, the One True faith, that all may access in embracing Sacred Love; whether we may call ourselves Muslim, Sikh, or any other tag. I'm sure in the sight of the Most High, there are believers all around, mainly independent of what banner we choose to identify with.

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Comming from the land of allah, It is amazing/disturbing he forgets basic human decency and humilty.

Chaan Pardesi ji No matter where on the planet, the less the man the greater the brutality. Think about it. The comparison gives it away. Who is the person who has to destroy the life of a small helpless and loving being in a violent and grotesque way?

GSingh1984

SPNer
Mar 28, 2013
myself click on it to read further about this monstrous act.

You understand Mohammed did worse? So, he's being a good muslim by doing this.

Before any claims of prove it abound here's some:
SAHIH AL-BUKHARI
Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

Narrated Kurib: the freed slave of Ibn 'Abbas, that Maimuna bint Al-Harith told him that she manumitted a slave-girl without taking the permission of the Prophet. On the day when it was her turn to be with the Prophet, she said, "Do you know, O Allah's Apostle, that I have manumitted my slave-girl?" He said, "Have you really?" She replied in the affirmative. He said, "You would have got more reward if you had given her (i.e. the slave-girl) to one of your maternal uncles."
Sahih Bukhari 3:47:765

Manumitted means freed. So, he says better to give her to an uncle most likely for some Aisha time.

-
Narrated 'Amr bin Taghlib: Allah's Apostle gave (gifts) to some people to the exclusion of some others. The latter seemed to be displeased by that. The Prophet said, "I give to some people, lest they should deviate from True Faith or lose patience, while I refer other people to the goodness and contentment which Allah has put in their hearts, and 'Amr bin Taghlib is amongst them." 'Amr bin Taghlib said, "The statement of Allah's Apostle is dearer to me than red camels."

Narrated Al-Hasan: 'Amr bin Taghlib told us that Allah's Apostle got some property or some war prisoners and he distributed them in the above way (i.e. giving to some people to the exclusion of others) .
Sahih Bukhari 4:53:373
-
he Jews were made to come down, and Allah’s Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina, and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men.
Ishaq 464

"Certainly I decided to order the Mu'adh-dhin (call-maker) to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."
Sahih Bukhari 1:11:626

Narrated Anas: The Prophet said "None of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father, his children and all mankind."
Sahih Bukhari 1:2:14

You have child killin gtoo, here's some racism that explains current arab-black relationships: I wonder how many of the current problems for black people in the west are due to the nation of Islam and its influence on the civil rights movement.

Ham [Africans] begat all those who are black and curly-haired, while Japheth [Turks] begat all those who are full-faced with small eyes, and Shem [Arabs] begat everyone who is handsome of face with beautiful hair. Noah prayed that the hair of Ham’s descendants would not grow beyond their ears, and that whenever his descendants met Shem’s, the latter would enslave them.
Al-Tabari, Vol. 2, p. 21, p. 21

"I have heard the Apostle say: 'Whoever wants to see Satan should look at Nabtal.' He was a sturdy black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks Ishaq:243

Sounds like a bharati.

Shem, the son of Noah was the father of the Arabs, the Persians, and the Greeks; Ham was the father of the Black Africans; and Japheth was the father of the Turks and of Gog and Magog who were cousins of the Turks. Noah prayed that the prophets and apostles would be descended from Shem and kings would be from Japheth. He prayed that the African’s color would change so that their descendants would be slaves to the Arabs and Turks.
Al-Tabari, Vol. 2, p. 11, p. 11

I'm done, no more of this on the forum.

VJKVJF

Point being, this is what he 'believes' in next time people ask you to respect the beliefs of tohers, and you think why would I respect KKK? Keep hinduvta, and mohamedanism in mind.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
GSingh1984 ji

Point taken. No one has to respect beliefs that contradict one's own personal values. Remember however that it cuts both ways.

GSingh1984

SPNer
Mar 28, 2013
I've found that the word 'belief' is a word also known as excuse though.

The fundamental thing is, don't infringe on others.

There has to be an equilibrium, where there is not there is not, cannot be, and should never be respect.
--
If someone keeps their hair, as a doctrine of guru ji, and even considers it a military order that's fine.

It one person believes in the caste system, that doesn't actually have sanction from the Hindu Dharama that's fine.

However, if a 'lower caste' person doesn't believe in that, you should not stop them from living their life to its full potentional due to your own beliefs; if you infringe upon them, that's wrong.
-
You, know what I mean to say; I'm talking ideas, if the people who follow evil ideas commit evil, or become the embodiment of it, that's an expected effect.

Cause and effect, which is a fundamental part of critical thought is not allowed in a doctrine of submission.

I keep my personal views on things to myself, out of respect. (Regarding these matters, and most matters.)

With a view, comes a call to action and that is not something you should post openly as we've seen what leaked information does in the past (i.e the 80's and 90's).

I think it's obvious to people what my leanings are, but that I attempt to remain good at heart, however like I said no respect for something which is evil.

If people want to talk moral relativism, and cover for atrocities; I only ask that you don't cry when those im-'moral' people destroy your relatives.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM