• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Can Too Much Simran Be Harmful?

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Re: Can Yoo Much Simran Be Harmful

It's per breathe and because of breath that everything can happen.

Somewhere, I'm not sure if I read or was told was that the Lord puts us here and only he knows when the time to leave will come. Only he knows when we die and stop breathing.
Apparantley, I was told that he doesn't set a time or date for each of us as such. But it is the number of breaths that we take that are pre determined by him. It is the number of breaths that then predetermine when we die. The breaths are numbered not the days.

We take every breath for granted. To do simran with every breath should be the ultimate goal for us all.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

It's per breathe and because of breath that everything can happen.

Somewhere, I'm not sure if I read or was told was that the Lord puts us here and only he knows when the time to leave will come. Only he knows when we die and stop breathing.
Apparantley, I was told that he doesn't set a time or date for each of us as such. But it is the number of breaths that we take that are pre determined by him. It is the number of breaths that then predetermine when we die. The breaths are numbered not the days.

We take every breath for granted. To do simran with every breath should be the ultimate goal for us all.

Its the BABAS that are the source of.."i heard somewhere..or read somewhere...

Myth number One long propogated by the Babas....concerns Sukhmani Sahib. It was propogated thta Sukhmani Sahib has EXACTLY 24000 letter/words...and that Matches 24000 breaths a normal perosn has in a Day/night. Logically thne it was propogated that One SINGLE reading of Sukhmani Sahib PURIFIED ones entire DAY/NIGHT store of breaths...and thats why we have HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of Sukhmani Sahib Societies, programs, readings being carried out worldwide...(...BUT NONE for ASA DEE VAAR which is BRUTALLY TRUTHFUL and Brutally FRANK about WHAT WE DO DAILY..and as its verily said..TRUTH HURTS..TRUTH BURNS like the Hottest peppers...and thus not a single Asa dee Vaar society to promote its readings other than that in the early morning when attendacesa are low..and the ragis do it in fast motion - its even allowed to do it HALF WAY just to save TIME...sometimes rushed through..etc etc..)..I Digress...apologies.. Anyway the MYTH about 24K survived .becasue no one actually thought to COUNT to verify...and when Modern day computers made that facility available to the common man..it was found to be an Urban legend created and sustained by the babas...The Babas even made excuses that certain WORDS are REPEATED simply to make the NUMBERS..just pick up a Sukhmani Sahib Gutka by nanaksari Babas or Taksali one..the story will be there. Nanaksari version will have additional Tall tales that insult our GURU SAHIB JI as well.

2. Second MYTH..is that one .."really BURNS the candle at BOTH ends" sort of raid the Cookie Jar of Breaths when one engages in SEX"....so the More SEX one has..the Faster one BURNS up his/her Stored Value Breaths..and thus presumably DIES FASTER !! Thats why the babas recommend Bihangam..brahmchareeism....blah blah blah..and Male Virginity maintained means LONG LIFE....But just look around and see just how many BABAS really OUTLIVE people like Hugh heffner !! Hugh Heffner should have DIED DECADES AGO...but hes still alive and kicking at 80+...( One baba i aksed told me..Yeah IF he had practised Bihnagam/Brahmachareeism like we do..he would live to age MOSES lived..800 Years..I leave it to you to swallow that if you can...). So In short..SEX speeds u UP..and Yoga/simran/meditation in underground dungeons etc..puts u in HIBERNATION MODE. Now we all now HIBERNATION does exist in Nature, and it slows down the heart rate/beat etc and requires low food resources etc..BUT IT has a PURPOSE..a very special purpose and NOT every animal Hibernates..a HIBERNATING POLAR BEAR is NOT really a "polar Bear" or Great Brown bear !! Its a COMATIC MASS OF FLESH deep in a Cave...ONLY when it emerges into REAL LIFE out of its cave..and bellows at the Sun can you really appreciate the Sheer magnificance of the Great Brown bear of canada or a Polar Bear of the Antartic North...so what are we..HOUSEHOLDER GURMUKHS bellowing at the SUN in all our Glory, full of life, families and all doing Kirt, wandding and chhaking..or soem HIBERNATING SKELETON deep in a Cave !! I think GURU NANAK JI decided our choice for US..Gurmukhs DONT HIBERNATE. period...WE LIVE LIFE to the FULLEST because thats the way we are DESIGNED.

3. GURU NANAK ji tells us that we are called AADmi. EK DAMMI....we are creatures of ONE BREATH ONLY. Consider this...we TAKE IN..one Breath...IF that one breath doesnt COME OUT..we are DEAD.
The One Breath we TAKE OUT....IF the NEXT ONE BREATH doenst COME IN..we are again DEAD. So our WHOLE LIFE is actually from ONE BREATH TO ANOTHER...THANK HIM..when we BREATHE OUT..for the Opportunity given us to BREATHE IN the next one..and so on..That is whats meant by "remembering HIM in each breath"... WAHE..when we Breathe IN..and GURU..when we breathe OUT....WAHE- GURU...WAHE - ..GURU...OH Wondrous GURU...oh Wondrous GURU..we are BEHOLDEN TO YOU is all that matters...but NOT by Staying IDLE..BUT WORKING AT HONEST LABOUR, waand chhaking sharing having a FULL LIFE. Its the grosses insult to Guru Teg bahdur Ji to say He shut himslef up in aunderground dungeon for DECADES...and didnt do any HOUSEHOLDER DUTIES to his wife mata Gujree Ji....GURMATT preaches no such behaviour..and no GURU would go against Gurmatt Principles set out by Guru nanak ji Himslef.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

12-16 beats per minute is average so...
720-960 beats per hour
17,280-23,040 per day
== Answer == A normal respiratory rate is somewhere around 8-14 breaths per minute. Given 1,440 minutes in a day, and assuming a normal respiratory rate of say 12 breaths per minute, and that respiratory rate doesn't vary much throughout the day, you'd have 12 * 1,440 = 17,280 breaths in a day. Of course these assumptions break down when considering a real person doing real things (eg, what would happen in exercise?), the number at least gets you in the ballpark.

17,280-23,040 per day
The average person takes about 15 breaths a minute. So, 15 x 60 (minutes in an hour)= 900 x 24 (hours in a day) = 21,600.
Depending on the circumstances, the average person in- and exhales 12 times per minute 0.5 litres of air. 12 times 0.5 makes 6 litres of air per minute. Thus 60 times (1 hour) 24 times (1 day) 6 litres results in 8640 litres of air in 1 day. This is done in 17280 breaths per day.

simranbir

SPNer
May 15, 2012

Its the BABAS that are the source of.."i heard somewhere..or read somewhere...

Myth number One long propogated by the Babas....concerns Sukhmani Sahib. It was propogated thta Sukhmani Sahib has EXACTLY 24000 letter/words...and that Matches 24000 breaths a normal perosn has in a Day/night. Logically thne it was propogated that One SINGLE reading of Sukhmani Sahib PURIFIED ones entire DAY/NIGHT store of breaths...and thats why we have HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of Sukhmani Sahib Societies, programs, readings being carried out worldwide...(...BUT NONE for ASA DEE VAAR which is BRUTALLY TRUTHFUL and Brutally FRANK about WHAT WE DO DAILY..and as its verily said..TRUTH HURTS..TRUTH BURNS like the Hottest peppers...and thus not a single Asa dee Vaar society to promote its readings other than that in the early morning when attendacesa are low..and the ragis do it in fast motion - its even allowed to do it HALF WAY just to save TIME...sometimes rushed through..etc etc..)..I Digress...apologies.. Anyway the MYTH about 24K survived .becasue no one actually thought to COUNT to verify...and when Modern day computers made that facility available to the common man..it was found to be an Urban legend created and sustained by the babas...The Babas even made excuses that certain WORDS are REPEATED simply to make the NUMBERS..just pick up a Sukhmani Sahib Gutka by nanaksari Babas or Taksali one..the story will be there. Nanaksari version will have additional Tall tales that insult our GURU SAHIB JI as well.

2. Second MYTH..is that one .."really BURNS the candle at BOTH ends" sort of raid the Cookie Jar of Breaths when one engages in SEX"....so the More SEX one has..the Faster one BURNS up his/her Stored Value Breaths..and thus presumably DIES FASTER !! Thats why the babas recommend Bihangam..brahmchareeism....blah blah blah..and Male Virginity maintained means LONG LIFE....But just look around and see just how many BABAS really OUTLIVE people like Hugh heffner !! Hugh Heffner should have DIED DECADES AGO...but hes still alive and kicking at 80+...( One baba i aksed told me..Yeah IF he had practised Bihnagam/Brahmachareeism like we do..he would live to age MOSES lived..800 Years..I leave it to you to swallow that if you can...). So In short..SEX speeds u UP..and Yoga/simran/meditation in underground dungeons etc..puts u in HIBERNATION MODE. Now we all now HIBERNATION does exist in Nature, and it slows down the heart rate/beat etc and requires low food resources etc..BUT IT has a PURPOSE..a very special purpose and NOT every animal Hibernates..a HIBERNATING POLAR BEAR is NOT really a "polar Bear" or Great Brown bear !! Its a COMATIC MASS OF FLESH deep in a Cave...ONLY when it emerges into REAL LIFE out of its cave..and bellows at the Sun can you really appreciate the Sheer magnificance of the Great Brown bear of canada or a Polar Bear of the Antartic North...so what are we..HOUSEHOLDER GURMUKHS bellowing at the SUN in all our Glory, full of life, families and all doing Kirt, wandding and chhaking..or soem HIBERNATING SKELETON deep in a Cave !! I think GURU NANAK JI decided our choice for US..Gurmukhs DONT HIBERNATE. period...WE LIVE LIFE to the FULLEST because thats the way we are DESIGNED.

3. GURU NANAK ji tells us that we are called AADmi. EK DAMMI....we are creatures of ONE BREATH ONLY. Consider this...we TAKE IN..one Breath...IF that one breath doesnt COME OUT..we are DEAD.
The One Breath we TAKE OUT....IF the NEXT ONE BREATH doenst COME IN..we are again DEAD. So our WHOLE LIFE is actually from ONE BREATH TO ANOTHER...THANK HIM..when we BREATHE OUT..for the Opportunity given us to BREATHE IN the next one..and so on..That is whats meant by "remembering HIM in each breath"... WAHE..when we Breathe IN..and GURU..when we breathe OUT....WAHE- GURU...WAHE - ..GURU...OH Wondrous GURU...oh Wondrous GURU..we are BEHOLDEN TO YOU is all that matters...but NOT by Staying IDLE..BUT WORKING AT HONEST LABOUR, waand chhaking sharing having a FULL LIFE. Its the grosses insult to Guru Teg bahdur Ji to say He shut himslef up in aunderground dungeon for DECADES...and didnt do any HOUSEHOLDER DUTIES to his wife mata Gujree Ji....GURMATT preaches no such behaviour..and no GURU would go against Gurmatt Principles set out by Guru nanak ji Himslef.

thanks as the first point was the one i never noticed before. and the one breathe concept was new for me and really great. its true guru nanak dev ji taught us to live fully

TruthSatnaam

SPNer
May 29, 2012
UK
If we had truly surrendered to the Guru(100% (even 99% is still duality)) we would be remebering His name 24/7, at every moment, with every breath.

Naam is Truth, it is the frequency of a balanced gyan that applies across a universal spectrum that lives to discover while remaining detached from he discovery.

In Truth- there is Nothing, no image, no Nothing- just the Frequency of Truth. We hear the symbolic reflection of this Truth Frequency through Anhad Naad(the primal/first sound)- it is symbolic reflection for even sound does not exist in Truth. We accept 100% that the illusion around is God's khel, and that all that occurs is Hukam- it is all Karam. All is always as deserved, hukam is always perfect. Hukam is Truth, Hukam is God- Hukam/God is our keeper. When we accept this 100% at all times, disregarding ourself as nothing always and accepting karam at all times without reacting in maya(5 thieves)- the death of self occurs- we reach the Unbreakable state of Atal Awasth.

First of all, we Live the Truth described above, we Serve it, we Deliver it and we Die it. We never tell a lie, not even a white lie- we are fearless in speaking it.

We relax and listen to the anhad naad- the key is to get go and let Samadhi take over naturally. Then we begin to understand the creation around us.

The simran eventually becomes 24hr automatically and we learn about(discover) and experience Truth(as when in samadhi, we learn/discover constantly- God is in 24 hr samadhi).

Satnaam Ji

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM