• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Can Sikhs Worship Bhagwan Sri Krishna?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I have seen many sants in our Sikh religion, like the popular Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.
&& also doesn't the Amrit Sarovar have holy water?
I have also seen worship of weapons in Hazur Sahib I believe.

So, what is your point? Please read what I wrote again, may be a bit slowly this time.

There are many threads here on SPN regarding Sants,Holy water and many more of the kind and it is discussed in details in them why these are not Sikhi concepts. Please go through them and then if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
So, what is your point? Please read what I wrote again, may be a bit slowly this time.

There are many threads here on SPN regarding Sants,Holy water and many more of the kind and it is discussed in details in them why these are not Sikhi concepts. Please go through them and then if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards

Tejwant Singh
Sikhi is such a simple pragmatic way of life. It does not get into myths, mythological deities, mechanical rituals, parroting some mantras, pilgrimages, dips in holy waters, idol worshipping, derawalas, sants, charlatans. One could go on and on.

UM, you said it doesn't include that when there clearly are Amrit Dhari people who have been blessed when taking Amrit. Almost everything you wrote is included in our Sikhi. Now you say "So what?". You clearly do not know fully about this.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sikhi is such a simple pragmatic way of life. It does not get into myths, mythological deities, mechanical rituals, parroting some mantras, pilgrimages, dips in holy waters, idol worshipping, derawalas, sants, charlatans. One could go on and on.

UM, you said it doesn't include that when there clearly are Amrit Dhari people who have been blessed when taking Amrit. Almost everything you wrote is included in our Sikhi. Now you say "So what?". You clearly do not know fully about this.

Your religion choice of Sikhi in your profile confuses me with your Hindu Avatar. Are you a Sikh? If you were, then you would know what Amritdhari means and what I talked about holy waters in my post and the difference between the two. It seems you do not know the difference and, one thing more, Sikhi rejects fasting unlike in Hinduism and Islam where it is embraced and is part of the respective dogmas.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Your religion choice of Sikhi in your profile confuses me with your Hindu Avatar. Are you a Sikh? If you were, then you would know what Amritdhari means and what I talked about holy waters in my post and the difference between the two. It seems you do not know the difference and, one thing more, Sikhi rejects fasting unlike in Hinduism and Islam where it is embraced and is part of the respective dogmas.

Regards

Tejwant Singh
I fail to understand what my avatar has to do with anything. I have seen images of Vedic dieties in many Gurudwaras that are in active worship.

I know what you are talking about holy waters, then again most Gurudwaras have sarovars where most Amritdhari Sikhs say "all your sins wash away" etc etc.

& about fasting, you are right about that :)

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I fail to understand what my avatar has to do with anything. I have seen images of Vedic dieties in many Gurudwaras that are in active worship.

I know what you are talking about holy waters, then again most Gurudwaras have sarovars where most Amritdhari Sikhs say "all your sins wash away" etc etc.

& about fasting, you are right about that :)

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.

Regards

Tejwant Singh
Alright thanks, but I don't feel like I'm the confused one here.. I am looking to see what you have to say about what I said :whatzpointkudi:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Alright thanks, but I don't feel like I'm the confused one here.. I am looking to see what you have to say about what I said :whatzpointkudi:

What you wrote makes no sense in a Sikhi concept. That is why it is important to make knowledge one's best friend rather than one' worst enemy. It the choice one makes in one's own life.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
What you wrote makes no sense in a Sikhi concept. That is why it is important to make knowledge one's best friend rather than one' worst enemy. It the choice one makes in one's own life.

Good point Bhai Tejwant ji. Here is another excellent example of why knowledge can be one's best friend.

There is another kamala writing on a Hindu forum, who is also interested in sarovars and quotes Kabir out of context there too.

Mansarovar Lake - Hindu Dharma Forums

On that forum, kamala asks:

"Namaskar; As per Hindu theology, Lake Manasa Sarovar is a personification of purity, and one who drinks water from the lake will go to the Abode of Lord Shiva ji after death. He is believed to be cleansed of all his sins committed over even a hundred lifetimes. -wikipedia Ohh I would LOVE to go visit the Sarovar (Lake), but when I was looking up the destinations I found out Mansarovar Lake and Kailash (Shiva ji's home) is in China :/. As a Sikh I feel I should go visit it also because our Guru jis said that it is a very fortunate destination. I have also heard that Shiva ji goes to the lake as well.

गुरु सरवरु मान सरोवरु है वडभागी पुरख लहंन्हि ॥
Gur sarvar mān sarovar hai vadbẖāgī purakẖ lahaʼnniĥ.
The Guru is like the Mansarovar Lake; only the very fortunate beings find Him

मान सरोवरि करि इसनानु ॥
Mān sarovar kar isnān.
Take your cleansing bath in the Mansarovar Lake.

कबीर हीरा बनजिआ मान सरोवर तीर ॥१६१॥
Kabīr hīrā banji▫ā mān sarovar ṯīr. ||161||
The True Guru has given me courage. Kabeer, I have purchased the diamond, on the banks of the Mansarovar Lake. "

The connection between Shiva and the tuk that follows is never made. Maybe I am just worried about technicalities. :mundakhalsaflag:

This kamala (on the Hindu forum) says she is a Sikh. The kamala on the Hindu forum has also taken the verses of Kabir ji out of context and as a result they are misunderstood. Notice that on the Hindu forum the tuks of Kabeer ji are given in the Devanagri script. According to the biij, fortunate beings find Him at the Lake, which is the Man Sarovar. They are not finding him at the Manasa Sarovar, which is a geographical location. Another curious thing --- Kabir ji does not mention the Lake Manasa Sarovar in the last tuk. I know the English translation has taken this to be Mansarovar Lake. However, in Punjabi Kabir ji speaks of Man Sarovar, two words, which is a cleansing bath of the mind and not a place to take a dip.

According to kamala on that other forum, the lake is a fortunate destination. According to Kabir ji, the Guru is like the Lake - i.e.,the Guru is the cleansing water and only the fortunate find Him.

Then a forum member named “believer’ gives a very humorous reply

"No need to travel that far. There are lot of lakes in Vancouver. A dip in their waters will cleanse all your sins committed in this Forum "

Later the “believer” says, "Mansrover is a great Tirth place to visit and it would be a great trip fo anyone who will visit there. This place in right now under China's control, and I bet Chinese authority are allowing the yatra Jatthas."

kamala replies

“Wow! that is good news. "

I myself don’t know why it would be good news that Lake Manasa Sarovar, or Man Sarovar for that matter, would be under China’s control.:kudifacepalm: At least China is letting pilgrims in.

On other threads, kamala often begins a comment with the “ha ha” that our kamala also likes to use here at SPN.

Some interesting comparisons emerging. Yes, knowledge is a very good thing.

Last edited:

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
None of it, sorry to say.:singhsippingcoffee:
Well most of the things I have said is what I have seen myself with my own eyes at Gurudwaras. Like for example the holy water, I have never meet a person my entire life telling me that the waters are not holy and it isn't a part of Sikhi.. :}:): everyone I have asked said it is, and I can almost guarantee if I ask any Granthi if the waters are pavitar and they are meant to be bathed in they would say yes.. :motherlylove:

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Good point Bhai Tejwant ji. Here is another excellent example of why knowledge can be one's best friend.

There is another kamala writing on a Hindu forum, who is also interested in sarovars and quotes Kabir out of context there too.

Mansarovar Lake - Hindu Dharma Forums

She asks:

"Namaskar; As per Hindu theology, Lake Manasa Sarovar is a personification of purity, and one who drinks water from the lake will go to the Abode of Lord Shiva ji after death. He is believed to be cleansed of all his sins committed over even a hundred lifetimes. -wikipedia Ohh I would LOVE to go visit the Sarovar (Lake), but when I was looking up the destinations I found out Mansarovar Lake and Kailash (Shiva ji's home) is in China :/. As a Sikh I feel I should go visit it also because our Guru jis said that it is a very fortunate destination. I have also heard that Shiva ji goes to the lake as well.

गुरु सरवरु मान सरोवरु है वडभागी पुरख लहंन्हि ॥
Gur sarvar mān sarovar hai vadbẖāgī purakẖ lahaʼnniĥ.
The Guru is like the Mansarovar Lake; only the very fortunate beings find Him

मान सरोवरि करि इसनानु ॥
Mān sarovar kar isnān.
Take your cleansing bath in the Mansarovar Lake.

कबीर हीरा बनजिआ मान सरोवर तीर ॥१६१॥
Kabīr hīrā banji▫ā mān sarovar ṯīr. ||161||
The True Guru has given me courage. Kabeer, I have purchased the diamond, on the banks of the Mansarovar Lake. "

This kamala (on the Hindu forum) says she is a Sikh. The kamala on the Hindu forum has also taken the verses of Kabir ji out of context and as a result they are misunderstood. Notice that on the Hindu forum the tuks of Kabeer ji are given in the Devanagri script. According to the biij, fortunate beings find Him at the Lake, which is the Man Sarovar. Not the Manasa Sarovar, which is a geographical location. Another curious thing --- Kabir ji does not mention the Lake Manasa Sarovar in the last tuk. I know the English translation has taken this to be Mansarovar Lake. However, in Punjabi Kabir ji speaks of speaks of Man Sarovar, two words, which is a cleansing bath of the mind and not a place to take a dip.

According to kamala on that other forum, the lake is a fortunate destination. According to Kabir ji, the Guru is like the Lake - i.e.,the Guru is the cleansing water and only the fortunate find Him.

Then a forum member named “believer’ gives a very humorous reply

"No need to travel that far. There are lot of lakes in Vancouver. A dip in their waters will cleanse all your sins committed in this Forum "

Later the “believer” says, "Mansrover is a great Tirth place to visit and it would be a great trip fo anyone who will visit there. This place in right now under China's control, and I bet Chinese authority are allowing the yatra Jatthas."

Kamala replies

“Wow! that is good news. "

I myself don’t know why it would be good news that Lake Manasa Sarovar, or Man Sarovar, is under China’s control.:kudifacepalm:

On other threads, kamala often begins a comment with the “ha ha” that our kamala here also likes to use here at SPN.

Some interesting comparisons emerging. Yes, knowledge is a very good thing.
I was saying good news about "I bet Chinese authority are allowing the yatra Jatthas" not the fact that it it is under chinese authority.

I am sorry you have gotten mistaken lol
&& I often begin my posts with haha because I am just a really happy person :p before anything I almost always write haha or l o l.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
KRISHANG? It doesn't even have a g in it, it clearly says Sri Krishna as in the one and only.

READ the WORD properly in the Language its written.

and additionally the Word EK is the Qualifier for the CREATOR same as in EK-Oangkaar. Onakaar existed before Guru nanak but He ADDED the QUALIFIER EK to differentiate it. Same goes for "Krishan"....the EK Qualifier differentiates and shows the GURU means DIFFERENT.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I was saying good news about "I bet Chinese authority are allowing the yatra Jatthas" not the fact that it it is under chinese authority.

I am sorry you have gotten mistaken lol
&& I often begin my posts with haha because I am just a really happy person :p before anything I almost always write haha or l o l.

...or you are out to cause confusion. You are so silent about the rest of it. :grinningkudi:

If you like, I can send you a link to the gurugranthsahib academy where several times a year they offer an online course on Kabir's bani. They may be able to clear things up for you.

Last edited:

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.

and additionally the Word EK is the Qualifier for the CREATOR same as in EK-Oangkaar. Onakaar existed before Guru nanak but He ADDED the QUALIFIER EK to differentiate it. Same goes for "Krishan"....the EK Qualifier differentiates and shows the GURU means DIFFERENT.
So Krishang is another word for God? Still seems like the dialogue is about Krishna or the site wouldn't write that :a27:

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
...or you are out to cause confusion. You are so silent about the rest of it. :grinningkudi:

If you like, I can send you a link to the gurugranthsahib academy where several times a year they offer an online course on Kabir's bani. They may be able to clear things up for you.
LOL! Haha sorry again.
Sure :)

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Yeh! I checked. It is "krishan" in both Gurmukhi (for Punjabi) and in Devanagri (Sanskrit, I checked to be sure). And the "ng" comes in as a grammatical shift.

There will be a lot of clearing of doubts ahead of us on this thread. :interestedkudi:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Harry ji,

Guru Fateh.

It is easy. If you can only find your black book of Gopis from your "other lives".:)

Mine was left in Brazil.

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Ji...Your LBB Little Black book must have been found by soemone...thats why BRAZIL is being hit by massive "unrest". You should have been more careful with your LBB...he he

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM