• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Call To Muslims To Seduce Sikh Girls Into Islam

Nov 19, 2006
It is not surprising to read about a Muslims trying to convert Sikh women. Sikh women are a great catch first of all...

What are you trying to say about sikh women? And if I were you I'd put real facts up instead of word of mouth. That book might have it's percentages right but looking at the FACT that it's written by some christain... don't you think it would be a bit biased?

chk1

SPNer
Nov 25, 2006
Envision this: A World where every human lives in peace with one another,
where religions co-exist peacefully and people become friends instead of enemies with one another.

Impossible you would say, it is not possible to have a "heaven" on Earth. But how many of you actually want this change? How many of you are tired of seeing and hearing bad news? Violence? Deaths? How many of you truly want to see a change? Well the good news is we can change things, all of us can if we put our minds to it.

So it's not as easy as it seems, i agree. The task is huge.

I often look at our local situation, within the UK istelf and wonder how we
can tackle the prejduices and racism within our society. Firstly we have got to want to change those if we want a more peaceful environment.

I'm sure many of you are aware of our Sikh brothers in the US who were killed by "ignorant whites" who mistook them for being Muslims. And what
was done about it? Sikhs went on a march in an attempt to educate the whites and inform them of our religious and cultural differences. To an extent I agree, why should Sikhs suffer persecution and be subjected to violence and death because we "look" like Muslims? Yet how many of those Sikhs stood up with Muslims simply for the fact that these prejudices and violence should not be occurring in the FIRST place? How many did this in an attempt to bring some form of peace? Yet instead they chose to isolate the Muslims and make sure they were not associated. Fair enough you must be thinking! Why should we be mistaken for them? But if you are the ones who want to bring peace in our communities some things will require change.

This Sikh-Muslim war has been ongoing for quite some time. If you wish to
include Sikh history in this topic fair enough. But isn't it time we tried
to bridge the differences? Think about it this way: Today we as Sikhs sit in
our houses, discuss the current affairs an all agree how terrible the war on
iraq is. At some point you have all discussed this. We also agree how terrible
it is what the suicide bombers, extremists are out there doing. We also more
often than not, discuss how Muslim boys are being sent out to convert Sikh and Hindu girls. And we say its not a few Muslims doing this, They are ALL like that.
OK,but think about it this way, what IF that was Sikhs suffering like the
Muslims are? Not even Muslims, even the Jews in Israel, what IF that was our
religion being portrayed as bad, as evil, all because some individuals have
interpreted the religion DIFFERENTLY to how we would? What would we as Sikhs do next?How would we display ourselves?

We too would want to alienate the extremists and educate the World
about the true meaning of Sikhi. So why is it we are so judgemental of
Muslims? Why is it we create propaganda in an attempt to protect our community,however we distort the truth to suit US. If you are like me you will believe in the saying "What goes around comes around". You naturally think when someone uspets you, well it will happen back to them too. Instead of trying to be more understanding, a bit more compassionate and open our minds and hearts we are becoming increasingly judgemental, narrow minded and defensive. We are making the gap WIDER, we are contributing to the violence, to the threats, to the prejudices.

And one day, perhaps not on such a huge scale, Sikhs will be the ones under
the limelight all because of a few individuals and we will be the ones
desperatly trying to show the World what those indiviuals are saying is wrong, and we are right. As the normal ordinary Muslim population are doing today. As those who are living their normal day to day lives saying they are not extremists, they do not condone the extremists working abroad or within the UK, on a mission to convert girls. We too, will say it is wrong in the future and protect our religion.

It is a fact that there are extremists, fanatics within our religion, they
may not be blowing people up but they are still extremists, we do not associate ourselves with them, because we believe what they are doing is wrong. There are extremists in every religion, majority of people do not agree with the, so why do we judge the Muslims and say they are "all" the same?

To make our world a little less violent and little more peaceful, stop
being judgemental, and start opening your hearts and minds. Understand how you would feel in such a position and stop being a hypocrite. We are all guilty of hypocrisy, we all feel angry when we are misjudged, for example the Sikhs
in the US, or generally within the community when the older generation judge
us and make assumptions about our character and nature. We do the same to people of other religions, we judge them and consider them to be all the same, but remember just as we are all individuals with different approaches and ways of thinking, so too are others. Some bad some good, but all the same they are individuals, children of the same God.

There is only Ek Onkar.

In a time where we are vulnerable, where others too are vulnerable we need to open our hearts and minds and bridge our differences, offer our friendships and stick together.
Impossible you are probably thinking, but nothing is impossible if only you
have the will to change our World and bring light and peace.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THIS WORLD!

My sincere apologies to my brothers and sisters to whom i may have
offended.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
There are extremists in every religion, majority of people do not agree with the, so why do we judge the Muslims and say they are "all" the same?

there are extremist in every religion but the problem with islam is that there are liberals in islam.there are over 50 countries in islam how many of them are seculer? don't say that majority of muslims don't support extremism
it is majority of muslims that are voting for extremist parties in their countries
not minority.who voted hamas in power in palestine majority or minority?

chk1

SPNer
Nov 25, 2006
And who are they responding to? The extremists of the West, it is the West who intervened in affairs and when they are full of despair who else are they going to turn to? Like the German people after the Weimar government they voted in Hitler and his fanaticism because what did he promise?? To give them what they needed, stability and food and a better life. The methods he used i dont agree with, like muslim extremist groups but you have to understand the nature behind it... Why these people have voted hamas in?Why these people resort to extremism?? They have no hope and for their own individual reasons this is why they turn to it. If the world wasn't in this state people wouldn't need to resort to extremism, in fact it wouldn't exist at all!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
And who are they responding to? The extremists of the West, it is the West who intervened in affairs and when they are full of despair who else are they going to turn to? Like the German people after the Weimar government they voted in Hitler and his fanaticism because what did he promise?? To give them what they needed, stability and food and a better life. The methods he used i dont agree with, like muslim extremist groups but you have to understand the nature behind it... Why these people have voted hamas in?Why these people resort to extremism?? They have no hope and for their own individual reasons this is why they turn to it. If the world wasn't in this state people wouldn't need to resort to extremism, in fact it wouldn't exist at all!

jinnah said that pakistan will be seculer country.is pakistan a seculer country?
sheikh mujibur rehman promised india that he will make bangladesh seculer
what happened?is west responsible for pakistan and bangladesh felling to extremists.its very easy to blame west for all their problems.their ideaology
is not compatible to seculerism .btw what about
50+ muslim countries which are not seculer?

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
chk1

nice post..

KDS ji, your definition of secular may be different from their definition of secular...

please look at it from an open PoV

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<is west responsible for pakistan and bangladesh felling to extremists>>

i guess you will have to wait for 5 more years..the CIA files for period of 87-92 will become decallsified in 2011

then you can see the money flowing to taliban....

also
who has been arming israel, iraq, pakistan?

:)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
<<is west responsible for pakistan and bangladesh felling to extremists>>

i guess you will have to wait for 5 more years..the CIA files for period of 87-92 will become decallsified in 2011

then you can see the money flowing to taliban....

also
who has been arming israel, iraq, pakistan?

:)

amarsanghera ji it is well known fact that after partition there were around 22% hindu's in bangladesh now according to their own census there are only 8.5% left.if minorities will dissappear from muslim countries then is it possible for muslims to live peacefully in countries where they are in minority.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
here are another statistics for you which i got from another website.

In an indian website, somebody wrote:
I focused on the demographic profile of 47 Islamic nations. In ten nations, the Muslim population is 100%, in nine nations it is 99%, in 15 nations the Muslim population is between 90 and 98% and in another nine nations it is between 80 and 89%. In seven nations it is between 70 and 79%. This is how religious cleansing will take place if religious demographic expansion is powered by religious theology.

They were 160 000 Arabs in Israel in 1949, today they are 1 215 000.
They were 140 000 jews in Algeria in 1949 today less than 100.
They were 150 000 jews in Irak in 1949 today 100.
They were 38 000 jews in Libya in 1949 today NONE.

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<They were 140 000 jews in Algeria in 1949 today less than 100>>

majority of them immigrated to israel

i agree the religion homogeneity is common in muslim countries..

but to blame muslims for everything is wrong.... there is greater depth to the issue

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
KDS ji

latest census shows hindu population as 16%

peace

one logic i can see is diff infertility rates..
hindu fertility rate is 3.2 while muslim is 5.6

so i guess its birth of new ones rather than conversions which is changing demographics..

muslim ratio is increasing in india too..this is because of fertility ratio and not conversions.

Oct 15, 2006
KDS ji

so i guess its birth of new ones rather than conversions which is changing demographics..

muslim ratio is increasing in india too..this is because of fertility ratio and not conversions.
Amar,

This is a suprising fact for me! Please point me to some documents, research, news or documentary which can confirm the fact related to fertility rate issue that you mentioned, I would be shocked if that is true.

I was of the view that the muslim population is increasing because of
  1. some facist Muslims who are reproducing just for the sake of increasing their population. Most of these people are either illiterate or from the slum areas. Literate Muslims very well understand the population problem of India and they just have 2 kids on an average. Long time back, when yours truly was a student in India, there was huge unrest among the Hindu masses against this thinking of some selected Muslims in India. As a matter of fact, someone made a documentary film which included the interviews from both sides on this issue. (unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the documentary, it was from the DD only times :) ... long time back)
  2. Another factor is the fact that there is different "Marriage Act" in Indian judicial system for Muslims. Hindus and Sikhs are bundled together in a single "Marriage Act" or law and they (Hindus and Sikh) will be violating the law if they practice polygamy. On the other hand Muslims in India could have multiple wives and their liability in divorce was also very less. Some illiterate Muslims and those from the slums simply married, produced on an average 7-8 kids from one wife and then moved onto the other by simply divorcing the previous wife by saying "talaak hai, talaak hai, talaak hai" This simplicity of divorcing and leway to the Muslim population attributed not only to the increased population of Muslims but also increased the population troubles of India as whole and deteriorated the condition of Muslim women.
Whatever I have typed above is a flashback from my memory from years ago. If the "Marriage Act" is changed now, I am not aware. But I know there were demands from Hindu masses to have single marriage law for all religions in India and not have different laws. The educated Muslims did understand that ( as far as I know) but the illiterate ones were trying to justify polygamy by using Holy Quraan. The muslim women wanted a ban on polygamy as it was ruining there lives.

Let me know if things have changed, I am very curious to know.

Sat Shri Akaal,
-Akashdeep

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
KDS ji

latest census shows hindu population as 16%

peace

according to 1991 census hindu population in bangladesh was 10.5%

Hinduism in Bangladesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hinduism is the second largest religious affiliation in Bangladesh, covering about 10.5% of the population as of 1991 census.

Declining Hindu population in BangladeshYear Percentage
1941 28.0%
1951 22.0%
1961 18.5%
1974 13.5%
1981 12.2%
1991 10.5%

Source: Census of India 1941, Census of East Pakistan, Bangladesh Government Census

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
KDS ji

i always take the facts from wiki with a pinch of salt.

my facts came from CIA world factbook

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
akash ji

the marrage act is still seperate for muslims..

though its tougher to get talak by saying it thrice..nowadays...

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
amarsanghera ji whatever the reason is reality is other religions do not feel safe with muslims.when muslims are in minority they demand special rights
but when they become majority they do not provide any rights to minorities

if muslims don't adopt birth control methods then they should forget harmony
with other religions.no religion want to lose its majority status.

btw please also read here how the 500000 lakh strong sikh community in afghanistan is almost vanished now

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-media-watch/14633-afghanistans-hated-sikhs-yearn-for-india.html

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<btw please also read here how the 500000 lakh strong sikh community in afghanistan is almost vanished now
>>

yes veer ji it is sad that they have to immigrate...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM