• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial British People Pull Some Extreme Disrespect And Beadbi Near Southall Gurdwara

Apr 26, 2012
here's the picture

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4587/drunkracism.jpg

here are the profiles

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1190479023

and some of the other profiles

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1330359415

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1640180730

here are the contacts to the school; these kids were drunk at the time

http://www.dormers-wells.ealing.sch.uk/index.php?page=contactus.php

If anyone can find their parents' numbers; it'd be fantastic

a lot of them have deleted their profiles since this incident, and the picture has also been taken down; but I do remember a post being on the page saying "FUNNIEST NIGHT EVERRRRR" and them bragging about it as well

here's what they did

I had a talk with them on the picture after finding this picture on the page, Meri Billi Menu Meow; and after telling them that a bunch of people are gonna find out about this; they suddenly felt apologetic and took down the picture, likely out of fear, however we must still all talk to them, the school, their parents about this because they probably still have some hate in them

these 16 year olds' justification for doing it was, "we were drunk"

they said "they don't hate Sikhs"

I responded with why would they do this? they had no answer and said only one of them had the Khanda around their junk

I responded with saying that they all are obviously laughing about it and that the description clearly said they were going to run naked to a Gurdwara

there is obviously some hate here and they are obviously idiots

anyways, I for one will not let these idiots take a direct shot at our religion; you guys need to join in and the owner of this page needs to share this

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
The title should be 'British kids' not British people. I can only hope they genuinely had no idea what they were messing with. :( Good luck chasing their parents but if they let their kids run around drunk at 3am chances are they couldn't care less how their kids disrespect another religion. Probably a textbook example of the problems in parts of western society where the family unit is breaking down in contrast to parts of eastern society where family units are too tight leading to honour killing etc.

I hope these kids one day grow up and come to regret their actions.

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
The title should be 'British kids' not British people. I can only hope they genuinely had no idea what they were messing with. :( Good luck chasing their parents but if they let their kids run around drunk at 3am chances are they couldn't care less how their kids disrespect another religion. Probably a textbook example of the problems in parts of western society where the family unit is breaking down in contrast to parts of eastern society where family units are too tight leading to honour killing etc.

I hope these kids one day grow up and come to regret their actions.

WJKKWJKF

It would be a nice hope if they did grow up and regret their actions but unfortunately in this dire western kaliyug/maya society they are more likely to be arrested for drunk and disorderly or drink driving or something similar or worse :redturban:

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
WJKKWJKF

PS As Sikhs like it or loathe it the minimum legal age for buying alcoholic drinks in the UK is 18 years if their parents let their 16 year old kids get drunk then the standards of parenting have deffenantly bombed in the UK

:happysingh:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
The standard of parenting has dropped in PARTS of western society, I can think of examples in England, Australia and America. There are parts of these societies which are still wholesome and positive. It is the same across the globe and through all cultures - find me ONE that is perfect.

Sad fact of human nature.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
It is true that this problem is worldwide.
But, being born and bred in the UK, and travelling all over before settling in Vancouver, I know that the young 'yob' of UK is like no other. In terms of young youth having anger and causing trouble as a percentage per total youngsters..- the UK figures are the highest. It happens in all the big cities throughout the country.
Yes, we do have problems here concentrated in some downtown areas of big cities or certain areas where you have large welfare populations like south central LA, suburbs of San Fran.. etc..etc...(I'm just mentioning a few here on the pacific west).
But, these figs per population are still low even though there is more gun crime and fatalities.

The goras here in general compared to UK, are very well mannered, spoken and tolerant to the punjabi cultures, I find. This may just be my luck so far !!
But, I am very glad that I made the move here considering the futures and outlooks for my kids.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I agree with young Vouthonji, I have a shop in one of the roughest part of the South East, and have very few problems with young white kids, this is about ignorance, not hate, instead of knee jerk reactions to such actions, we need to educate, to forgive, to show the world that we are not the chest beating, effigy burning types, but the rehabilitating and educating and patient type, did Guruji not say, when all other means have failed, then it is right to unsheath the sword, not draw it and wave it about, just unsheath it, and we have not even discussed what those 'other means' are.

I personally do not think these kids are the spawn of satan they have been made out to be, I would warrant that they really had no idea how much offence they have caused and are probably quite sorry about the whole affair, if we treat young misguided people like thugs, they will grow up to be thugs, if we educate and rehabilitate, they may grow up to be responsible members of society,

What would Guruji do?.............

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Vouthon ji perhaps we can take it a step further and say you can find yobs in ALL CULTURES not just the West. Just like you can find moral, upstanding, righteous citizens in all cultures. We need to keep a balanced viewpoint as oftentimes the finger is pointed to the West as the bane of all earthly society which is disrespecting all religions and corrupting the youth of other cultures unanimously.

The first thing I though was the kids wouldn't have had a clue what they were doing but it is interesting to see they knew enough to write the word 'gudwara' in the pic description. Perhaps they just saw the sign and had a reasonable memory.

There is definately a lack of education about religion and societies in schools and since multiculturalism is flourishing all over the planet it would probably help if all students were taught some basics about other cultures, religions, etc. Harry ji is right that ignorance breeds a lot of problems.

At the same time, parents have the most impact on the attitude of their children - if the parents are racist or have no respect it is difficult for a child to evolve out of that mentality.

And at the end of the day, some people are just tossers. Plain old ignorant, mindless, corrupt tossers.

I watched a program on TV last night about women drinking in the UK. They are the worlds biggest drinkers. The host met with female drinkers from ages 14 to 60+. Some of the main reasons she found for their drinking were loneliness, means to relax, and to boost confidence. The 14 y/os cited peer pressure and boredom as their primary motivators. I wonder what they'd rather be doing? What has made them so bored to want to drink? And then get up to mischief.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM