• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Booing At English Cricket Team

deepsingh87

SPNer
Jun 3, 2007
no you got it wrong, i don't follow american masters.

"I am happy following british masters" i know. thats why i said it in my previous post.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
no you got it wrong, i don't follow american masters.

"I am happy following british masters" i know. thats why i said it in my previous post.

I said it if someone beleive that loving cricket is like following british masters then I am happy to do it.BTW you sounds to me like pendu Indian politicians who use to say this that
Cricket is a game of Britishers

deepsingh87

SPNer
Jun 3, 2007
I said it if someone beleive that loving cricket is like following british masters then I am happy to do it.BTW you sounds to me like pendu Indian politicians who use to say this that
Cricket is a game of Britishers

i guess your overqualified to be a pendu indian politician. Congrats to you.

DOn't call me a indian.

Jun 15, 2009
I love how you got my first message deleted!! It was hardly offensive.

Firstly, a small point regarding the football comment. I am not saying for one minute that Asians can't be good enough to be professional footballers. Of course they can - we're all human beings at the end of the day. I'm saying that if there aren't many professional Asian footballers currently, it's not a race issue, it's because not enough good ones have come through the football system yet. We see players in the Premiership from almost every nation on this planet. At least 30% of the players are of Black origin. If Asians are not featuring, it's got nothing to do with their colour. It's because so far, they're aren't the players currently available who are good enough. I don't get how you can argue with this. Are you telling me that an excellent Asian player would not break into a Premiership team if they were amazing? Clubs don't care what colour a player is, as long as he is of high enough quality. Your point just does not stack up. Look at the stats: Drogba. Rio Ferdinand. Ashley Cole. David James. Defoe. Anelka. Race issue? I don't think so my friend. It's clearly an issue of quality.

Back to the main point. You're in England presumably because your parents, or grandparents, thought that England could offer you a better life than in India. So don't you feel it's a bit disrespectful to use England for all it has to offer, and yet go out of your way to want to see England fail yesterday? No one has a problem with you loving India wholeheartedly, but you know as well as I do, that loads of the Indian supporters may have never even stepped foot in the country. They were born in England, their first language is probably English, they live an English lifestyle, they were educated in England, they reside in England, they have jobs in England in a stronger English economy, with an English salary etc etc. So why the hatred towards a country that has influenced your life on a day to day basis far more than Indian has? And if just supporting India wasn't bad enough, you show a huge amount of disrespect by going as far as actually booing the England team at the home of English cricket. You don't think that's rude and sad? To go further, not only do you want India to beat England (which at a stretch is just about understandable albeit really disappointing), you were probably even overjoyed to see the West Indies beat England tonight. You would rather see the West Indies win (a country that has given you nothing in your life) than see England do well. It's actually sad that you feel this way about the country you live in.

My point is very clear my friend, if you hate England that much, no one is making you live here. What you fail to understand is, is that you are the one being racist. If you love India so much, why not just live there and then you can support your 'home' country as much as you like. England is your home, why not try and treat it as such?

deepsingh87

SPNer
Jun 3, 2007
only you know what your definition of true american is.
i am neither american or indian.
shame on you for calling self a sikh and a indian at the same time.

Kuls1980

SPNer
Jan 26, 2009
UK, Hertfordshire
I love how you got my first message deleted!! It was hardly offensive.

Firstly, a small point regarding the football comment. I am not saying for one minute that Asians can't be good enough to be professional footballers. Of course they can - we're all human beings at the end of the day. I'm saying that if there aren't many professional Asian footballers currently, it's not a race issue, it's because not enough good ones have come through the football system yet. We see players in the Premiership from almost every nation on this planet. At least 30% of the players are of Black origin. If Asians are not featuring, it's got nothing to do with their colour. It's because so far, they're aren't the players currently available who are good enough. I don't get how you can argue with this. Are you telling me that an excellent Asian player would not break into a Premiership team if they were amazing? Clubs don't care what colour a player is, as long as he is of high enough quality. Your point just does not stack up. Look at the stats: Drogba. Rio Ferdinand. Ashley Cole. David James. Defoe. Anelka. Race issue? I don't think so my friend. It's clearly an issue of quality.

Back to the main point. You're in England presumably because your parents, or grandparents, thought that England could offer you a better life than in India. So don't you feel it's a bit disrespectful to use England for all it has to offer, and yet go out of your way to want to see England fail yesterday? No one has a problem with you loving India wholeheartedly, but you know as well as I do, that loads of the Indian supporters may have never even stepped foot in the country. They were born in England, their first language is probably English, they live an English lifestyle, they were educated in England, they reside in England, they have jobs in England in a stronger English economy, with an English salary etc etc. So why the hatred towards a country that has influenced your life on a day to day basis far more than Indian has? And if just supporting India wasn't bad enough, you show a huge amount of disrespect by going as far as actually booing the England team at the home of English cricket. You don't think that's rude and sad? To go further, not only do you want India to beat England (which at a stretch is just about understandable albeit really disappointing), you were probably even overjoyed to see the West Indies beat England tonight. You would rather see the West Indies win (a country that has given you nothing in your life) than see England do well. It's actually sad that you feel this way about the country you live in.

My point is very clear my friend, if you hate England that much, no one is making you live here. What you fail to understand is, is that you are the one being racist. If you love India so much, why not just live there and then you can support your 'home' country as much as you like. England is your home, why not try and treat it as such?

Look Mate

First of all I have full on respect for this country, by not supporting England in a cricket match does not make me racist. By me booing England in cricket, not the country. It's a game.

Mate its a game and laugh, if you want to take it serious then be it. I don't want to go into likes a dislikes. I work here, but as this country is a democracy, i have the right to support who ever i like. Like i said, I pay my taxes, like any other person in Britain. I don't take a loss to my heart. You lose some you win some.
As with football in this country you have to find out for yourself, as you are black (like you mentioned earlier in your post) you don't know about discrimination against Asians in football.
The thing is my friend, you have black people playing football at the top level and as an Asian how I'm i suppose to relate to your point.
When i was at university I proudly supported the English Football team. During Euro 2004, I was in Portugal watching England V Portugal. Why did I have racist abuse shouted at me by English fans, i was even wearing England top and this has not only happened once but many times. I can still remember what they said "you are a P*a*k*i*, why are you wearing an English shirt?" Know you tell me what am i suppose to do?
I have a lot of respect for this country and i will never disrespect it, but regarding sport its not something that i will have support for.
I have been involved with an independent project set up by few Asian media companies. This project was to set up a case study to show to the English FA, how many Asians in Britain love football. We had some great interviews and some brilliant footage of some individual players. The presentation was presented to the FA in 2002, and a spokesman from the FA wrote back back with the following statement, "we don't have enough Asians interested in Football as we have in cricket". Know that is a load of rubbish we all know that. There are so many Asian football academies set up in the UK, you are saying not even one footballer from these academies is good enough? OK say Asians are not good enough for EPL, so they are not even good enough to play for the non-league clubs.
Mate, your argument about "players are not good enough" is outdated. You have a valid point if you are black, but as for an Asian point of view, its not a valid point. Im not being racist, im just stating the reality based on my opinion, what may be seen through the eyes of an Asian.
As for the whole argument, if you don't like this country, you can leave. Mate, I was born and educated here. I lived a large part of life in India as well. Living in this country and supporting this country in sport is a totally different thing. No one on this forum has said any thing bad about this country, you are just pulling that one deleted. People booed England as a cricket team not as a country.
So i hope this has given you a bit of insight of why i feel the way i do. I'm not speaking for the entire Asians in England.

Thank you.

P.s. you know why your first message got deleted. You swore in it mate doesn't matter how little it was.

Civility please, aad0002

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Those people booing England are spitting in the dish they eat in.In Punjabee they would be called Namak Haaraam.

If they want to boo England they should leave England.

Ungrateful so and so's!:inca:

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england
Kuls1980 ji
Have you applied for a job recently, the latest ethnicity monitoring sheets have only got British white, but do have British Indian, British Pakistani, British Bangladeshi, then have Asian Indian, Asian Pakistani so on and so on, No mention of British English/ Scottish or Welsh, Would actually be better if they only put Human being on them, As for the booing at the English cricket team, I thought cricket was a gentlemans sport so the Indian supporters only shown how ungentlemanly they are. It was a close game and would have ended better with a clap for both sides.
Tony
ps My wife who is of Indian origin counts herself as English so do most of my Sikh friends, none think that they are discriminated against. All still support India in cricket matches, cant fault them and I agree Indians are well under represented in English football., It would be nice to see a Singh score the winning goal in an FA cup final, even better a world cup final for England, We need all the help we can get when it comes to world cup football.:}{}{}:

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Dharmashtere Australiashtre
LOL!

trust me kds, nobody in england wastes their time watching cricket, that's more of an indian phenomenon. :D

I wouldn't say that. Plenty of your brethren come here, get drunk, sing their *** off, get beaten and go back during the ashes. :D

Having said that, Australia not going too well at the moment.

@ Booing
Booing any team is bad anyway. it just shows sour grapes.

@cricket being slow
hmm Well the charm of cricket is different to other sports. yes its slow and i don't like 20/20. 20/20 is like gully cricket being played in stadiums. I enjoy everything about cricket. The shot selection of the batsmen, the footwork, different types of bowls from leg spin to reverse swing, the raw pace, the types of wicket, the captainship, the captains knock. man i could go on all day.

Having said that it doesn't mean i don't enjoy other sports. I love Rugby League and it has its own charm. I watch the occasional Soccer as well.

I normally support Australia unless they are playing India then its India all the way.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: