• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Booing At English Cricket Team

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
So the latest news from T 20 WORLD CUP is that India is out of world cup after loosing
to england

But One thing surprised me that Indian fans booed at English cricket team.Here is what england cricket captain said

Collingwood: "A lot of English supporters, but we got booed at the home of cricket by the Indian fans - which was a bit strange

The present engalnd cricket team has 4 asian players including one sikh.But still It looks like British Indians which include lots of sikhs support India and don't even consider English cricket team as their own.On one hand Indians complain about racism on the other hand they show to countries in which they live that their loyalty is with India no matter how many oppurtunities you provide us.

My question to members from UK Of SPN is that is there any specific reason for this type of attituide by Indians or other ASians.

deepsingh87

SPNer
Jun 3, 2007
cricket is a very boring game. I find cars going in a circle more appealing. lol. plus you need a week off of work to watch a cricket match.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
cricket is a very boring game. I find cars going in a circle more appealing. lol. plus you need a week off of work to watch a cricket match.

Mostly because Americans don't understand it and aren't used to it. I can't figure it out either. But in and around town we now have amateur cricket clubs that compete locally and then go off to the county and state championships. Nearly everyone on the teams is from India. And guess what? In addition to playing cricket -- they all seem to have a mission for seva (aka community outreach projects). So Cricket conquers America!

Philadelphia Cricket League

The web site looks like it is powered on v-Bulletin software too! Hmm! Does Aman ji have something to do with this? :D

You can understand the scope of this in the US by visiting this link!

http://www.cricketcouncilusa.com/

Simply amazing!!!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Deep singh

There are 3 formats of cricket Test,One day international and shorter version 20-20.The world cup that is going on is 20-20 world cup.It is just a 3 hour match

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
LOL!

trust me kds, nobody in england wastes their time watching cricket, that's more of an indian phenomenon. :D

Ha ha

That's why ground's in england are always packed even in test matches.I know That cricket
is not much popular in England now.

BTW this thread is not about cricket .It is about loyalty which Indians and Asians show to
england.Despite repeated calls from Asian origin players like Naseer hussain that Asians now should support english cricket team,They don't support it and this time they just stepped ahead by even booing English cricket team.

BTW Ashes series is coming with AUS and see how much english still love's it O/W Aussies will love to abuse them.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Mostly because Americans don't understand it and aren't used to it. I can't figure it out either. But in and around town we now have amateur cricket clubs that compete locally and then go off to the county and state championships. Nearly everyone on the teams is from India. And guess what? In addition to playing cricket -- they all seem to have a mission for seva (aka community outreach projects). So Cricket conquers America!

Philadelphia Cricket League

The web site looks like it is powered on v-Bulletin software too! Hmm! Does Aman ji have something to do with this? :D

You can understand the scope of this in the US by visiting this link!

:: Cricket Council USA ::

Simply amazing!!!

I think in sports AMerica has its own world.They don't play soccer,Hockey,Cricket and rugby
They just play their own sports like American football,baseball Basketball and that too between states

Kuls1980

SPNer
Jan 26, 2009
UK, Hertfordshire
That is a brilliant question, why don't Indians in England support England?

The number one reason, Indians in England are not accepted as English. We are officially called British Asians not English. So, that gives us a reason to support who ever we want. In football, if England were playing Scotland? I would support Scotland, because we are British Asians not English.

Mostly all Indians will agree with me on this.

Guru Fethay

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
That is a brilliant question, why don't Indians in England support England?

The number one reason, Indians in England are not accepted as English. We are officially called British Asians not English. So, that gives us a reason to support who ever we want. In football, if England were playing Scotland? I would support Scotland, because we are British Asians not English.

Mostly all Indians will agree with me on this.

Guru Fethay

But still British Asians have lots of representation in England cricket team

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
the last time i was in Punjab....everywhere i went..everyone was watching the matches...from the most rural village to chandigarh....townsfolk sitting in their shops, dhabas..homes..computer clubs..EVERYWHERE until i almost got fed up.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
AND when the TV was out due to NO BIJLEE !! they ALL TALKED and Talked and talked about CRICKET..sahara this and sahra that..it drove me up the wall as i dont understand a thing about this..

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
the last time i was in Punjab....everywhere i went..everyone was watching the matches...from the most rural village to chandigarh....townsfolk sitting in their shops, dhabas..homes..computer clubs..EVERYWHERE until i almost got fed up.

Its good .May be Punjab will produce more cricketers in Future especially tearaway fast bowlers.India badly needs them

Kuls1980

SPNer
Jan 26, 2009
UK, Hertfordshire
But still British Asians have lots of representation in England cricket team

British Asians are represented in the English team but you cannot relate to these players in any way. Australia touring England for the Ashes, you don't need to ask me whom I’ll be supporting.
Kds1980, all this dislike for English teams starts from Football, the national sport. England should not be called England but United nations. England has known for the last 10 years, they are not producing enough English players. So the answer to this, get a South African (KP) not even born in England and still has the South African accent, a Sri Lankan who has an Australian accent and some British Asians. The solution, hopefully we should get some British Asian supporters. Very Unlikely.
In England, British Asian are still not given the opportunity to play football at a high level e.g. EPL. There are many good British Asian players out there, but because of their ethnic origin, they are discriminated against.
So this goes back to, why don't British Asians support England? Because, we are still not selected for any other major sport accept for cricket. So booo England and Hooray INDIA !!!!.

Kuls1980

SPNer
Jan 26, 2009
UK, Hertfordshire
The quoted material of monroem has been removed. Apologies to you Kuls1980 for editing your post. You objected to the use of foul language. Admin agrees. Send me a pm if you need to discuss this action. :)

Look mate, first thing you don’t need to swear on this forum. If you can’t think of any thing to say then get lost.
We are discussing why there are so many Indian supporters out number the English in England.
I pay my taxes and I do my bit for this country, im totally in my right to support who ever I want.
So who makes you suddenly the expert on Asian football in England? There is a lot of discrimination in England when it comes to football and you know that. So you are saying to me Asians are not good enough, Asians have been playing football in this country for over 60 years and not even one player has been good enough? Well in France they found an Asian player that was good enough, Danesh Dharsoo played for Ac Milan and France.
Know lets get back to the topic where many people consider them self’s as English/British.
Let me as you a quick question, when you fill in any application form and in a certain section they ask you about your ethnic origin? What do you fill in there, British/English?

So mate you need to take a breather and chill out. If you don’t have anything intelligent to say, just don’t participate in the discussion.

Thank you

Kuls1980 ji Thank you for your comment.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Use of foul language results in the automatic deletion of a comment. When we agree to the TOS we agree to be civil and to be dignified in our speech. Further use of foul language will result in a ban from the forum. Thank you, aad0002

deepsingh87

SPNer
Jun 3, 2007
Deep singh

There are 3 formats of cricket Test,One day international and shorter version 20-20.The world cup that is going on is 20-20 world cup.It is just a 3 hour match

In High School we started a small cricket club. Mostly Gujarati Indians few Punjabi's but sometimes goray students would show up for curiosity.
I have nothing against cricket but it is a very slow paced game payed in a silly old mans sweater. jus kidding

lol "just a 3 hour match"
You got lot of time on your hands.
but since you are an indian you will only intimate your British masters.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
lol "just a 3 hour match"
You got lot of time on your hands.
but since you are an indian you will only intimate your British masters.

You want to say that 3 hour is long LOL even bollywood movies are close to 3 hours.
BTW I am happy following british masters you just follow your American masters and Bash cricket:D:D:D

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM