• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World BN Assures Sikhs Of Continued Help

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
BN assures Sikhs of continued help

IPOH: The Sikh community in Perak received an assurance from the Barisan Nasional state government that it will continue to look after the community's less fortunate and needy members.

Over 400 Sikh families are living below the poverty line with many others in the 30,000-odd strong community facing various socio- economic problems such as substance abuse and crime.

Assuring the community of continued support, State Health, Local Government, Consumer Affairs, Environment, Transportation and Non- Muslim Affairs Committee chairman Datuk Dr Mah Hang Soon said the state government was well aware of the numerous problems faced by the Sikhs in Perak.
Most Popular Articles

* LENNON: 'Yoko loathed John's son Julian. Even Sean had to make an
* SEXTROLOGY; It's the thinking woman's guide to the zodiac… so are you and your partner perfect celestial bedfellows, or is disaster written in the stars?
* I married my dead fiance in a morgue ..now I want to see his killers
* I DON'T WANT YOUR pounds 100m DAD ..JUST LET ME GIVE MY BABY BROTHER
* Legend of Lewis Carroll has dark side

Most Recent Articles

* Razali says crisis has to be resolved quickly
* No need for MB's consent, says A-G
* Palace: MB inaccurate (HL)
* Emergency assembly meeting by month's end
* Protest note for chief secretary

"The Sikhs like any other community in the country are not devoid of problems.

"As a matter of fact, due to lack of proper assessment and evaluation of the problems existing in the community in the past, the number of issues now confronting the community and the number of Sikhs affected is quite high," said Dr Mah during an aid presentation event at the Wadda Gurdwara Sahib here on Friday night.

The state government, with the assistance of the Union of Perak Sikh Organisations (Upso), had identified 37 Gurdwara Sahib and eight Sikh organisations in the state which received cheques worth RM340,000 from the state government to help them carry out community- based activities.

The monies given out are part of the RM500,000 allocated by the state government for the community under 2010 Budget.

Present were Upso chairman Dheer Singh and his deputy Datuk Dr Sarjeet Singh Sidhu and representatives of recipient Gurdwara Sahib and associations.

Dr Mah urged Perak Sikhs to work closely with the state government to resolve some of the woes facing their community. He said the state government was concerned with its well-being.

Conveying New Year greetings on behalf of Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abd Kadir, he said the state government would continue to provide support to the Sikhs but at the same time urged affluent members of the community to be more responsible towards those who were less fortunate.

http://findarticles.com/p/news-arti...16/is_20110103/bn-assures-sikhs/ai_n56576305/

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: