• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Black Magic

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
-----Magician and fortune teller
Called knowledge of the unseen and the power to cause harm to others

Dimension from the divine teachings and this calls to polytheism

Therefore
Read the Qur'an is the surest solution to treat many problems
Such as the expulsion of demons
And directed by jinn
Of the bodies of people

-

Once I asked a Malay woman in Springhill, N.S. about deep-rooted Malay folklore and traditional culture about what their beliefs are about Black Magic, to my surprise, she said that her mother was a victim of santau. And suffers terribly from various illnesses due to an amulet like a tiger's tooth which is passed down from one generation to another as their heritage.

So you see, black magic believers are worldwide

we find these referred to in the following Quranic verses:

"They pursued what the devils taught concerning Solomon's kingdom. Solomon, however, was not a disbeliever, but the devils were disbelievers. They taught the people sorcery, and that which was sent down through the two angels of Babel, Haroot and Maroot. These two did not divulge such knowledge without pointing out: "This is a test. You shall not abuse such knowledge." But the people used it in such evil schemes as the breaking up of marriages. They can never harm anyone against the will of God. They thus learn what hurts them, not what benefits them, and they know full well that whoever practices witchcraft will have no share in the Hereafter. Miserable indeed is what they sell their souls for, if they only knew" 2:102

-Black Magic is different from sleight of hand

--It is reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah (ra) that the Prophet (may Peace Be Upon Him) said:

"Whoever went to a fortune-teller and believed in what he said, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad."

The Prophet (may Peace Be Upon Him) informs us in this Hadith, that whoever visited a fortune-teller and asked him about the unseen and believed in his words, has committed an act of disbelief in the Qur'an and Sunnah, this is because both of these Revelations have belied fortune-telling, for Allah is Alone in His Knowledge of the unseen.

Benefits Derived From This Hadith

1. The forbiddance of fortune-telling.

2. The accusation of lying against the fortune-teller.

3. That believing the words of fortune-tellers is considered disbelief.1

4. That the Qur'an is revealed, not created.

Relevance of This Hadith to the Subject of the Chapter

That the Hadith proves clearly that the fortune-teller is a disbeliever.

Relevance of This Hadith to the Subject of Tawheed

That the Hadith is clear evidence that fortune-telling is kufr; this is because the fortune-teller depends upon methods of shirk.

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
Re: Black.,.,.,.,.,.,.,magic

How can you forbid something that does not exist

Black magic is there! But these things affect only those who are disconnected with God or to say it simply THE TRUTH. And such things affect mostly who do not live a clean and honorable life.
I have had the experience in my life.
A women tried by all her means ( she had about 200-300 black magic ingredients in her room, like sindhoor, hairs, tooth, blood,bones etc.etc.) in small ( about 2 inch dia) containers. She failed to lake me come under her spells. Then she gave me {censored}nic mixed in coffee. This also did not affect me as I had 16 motions from 11 pm to 6 am.
She was punished for her action by the SUPREME BEING and her son was crushed under one of the family's trucks.
Another lady tried her efforts to destroy my family. We had difficulties but we survived but she was punished by loosing her husband's entire business and now in the stages of divorcing her husband.
Black magic practitioners should know black magic do not pay.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Black magic is there! But these things affect only those who are disconnected with God or to say it simply THE TRUTH. And such things affect mostly who do not live a clean and honorable life.
I have had the experience in my life.
A women tried by all her means ( she had about 200-300 black magic ingredients in her room, like sindhoor, hairs, tooth, blood,bones etc.etc.) in small ( about 2 inch dia) containers. She failed to lake me come under her spells. Then she gave me {censored}nic mixed in coffee. This also did not affect me as I had 16 motions from 11 pm to 6 am.
She was punished for her action by the SUPREME BEING and her son was crushed under one of the family's trucks.
Another lady tried her efforts to destroy my family. We had difficulties but we survived but she was punished by loosing her husband's entire business and now in the stages of divorcing her husband.
Black magic practitioners should know black magic do not pay.

I AGREE..BUT..all that supposed "punishment" from Supreme Being is sheer "IMAGINATION" on our part...THATS exactly WHAT..we would DO to our enemies IF..we were GIVEN the POWER/or ordained by the Supreme Being as JUDGE and JURY !!..... Whatever HE DOES..only HE KNOWS why and when..and to whom....we can only "WISH"....

IF I had the POWER..I would Instantly SWITCH OFF the OXYGEN to all....******, ^^^^, ****, $$$$, ((((,,..@@@@...#### and etc etc. NO OXYGEN for you and you and YOU. ( I dnot like YOU...i hate $$$, &&&, *** etc etc. I would STOP all RAINS..in certain countries..I would order volcanoes to ERUPT in certian places..I would order the OCEAN to drown certian cities...WAH WAH..what a wonderful "punisher" I would be...wish wish wish..IF Wishes were Mercedes Limos..I would have a million of them in my garage...lollollollolloljapposatnamwaheguru: GURBANI TEACHES ACCEPTANCE...SEHAJ...CONTENTMENT...IN ALL THINGS..let HIM be the JUDGE...:):mundaviolin:

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012

I AGREE..BUT..all that supposed "punishment" from Supreme Being is sheer "IMAGINATION" on our part...THATS exactly WHAT..we would DO to our enemies IF..we were GIVEN the POWER/or ordained by the Supreme Being as JUDGE and JURY !!..... Whatever HE DOES..only HE KNOWS why and when..and to whom....we can only "WISH"....

IF I had the POWER..I would Instantly SWITCH OFF the OXYGEN to all....******, ^^^^, ****, $$$$, ((((,,..@@@@...#### and etc etc. NO OXYGEN for you and you and YOU. ( I dnot like YOU...i hate $$$, &&&, *** etc etc. I would STOP all RAINS..in certain countries..I would order volcanoes to ERUPT in certian places..I would order the OCEAN to drown certian cities...WAH WAH..what a wonderful "punisher" I would be...wish wish wish..IF Wishes were Mercedes Limos..I would have a million of them in my garage...lollollollolloljapposatnamwaheguru: GURBANI TEACHES ACCEPTANCE...SEHAJ...CONTENTMENT...IN ALL THINGS..let HIM be the JUDGE...:):mundaviolin:

Giani Ji,
Gurfateh,
What would you call when a person does wrongful things to others and in some future time he meets with drastic happenings which causes troubles in his life? No person is doing anything against him/her but meets misery in life.
Here in happenings in my life the son of the lady was sitting infront of his truck while his driver was repairing and a Military truck comes along and hits at the back of the truck of the lady and the boy is crushed. In the second instance her son goes against his own father and asks his mother that if she wants support him to her then she has to divorce her husband.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

Giani Ji,
Gurfateh,
What would you call when a person does wrongful things to others and in some future time he meets with drastic happenings which causes troubles in his life? No person is doing anything against him/her but meets misery in life.
Here in happenings in my life the son of the lady was sitting infront of his truck while his driver was repairing and a Military truck comes along and hits at the back of the truck of the lady and the boy is crushed. In the second instance her son goes against his own father and asks his mother that if she wants support him to her then she has to divorce her husband.

this is called life

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I would call it LIFE (Harry Jis words) and HUKM..(mine)..
What goes around comes around..circle of life...
BHAI khao ku det neh..na bhai annat aan..WE DONT FEAR and we dont SPREAD FEAR..Chinta taan kee kejeyeha jo annhonne hoyeh..Why ??? Its ALL HIS DOING.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
_/|\_ Sat Nam

Dearest Gyani ji

Could you define how you mean hukm?

When you say "what goes around, comes around", I want to say that many wiccans believe this. They call it The Rule of Three. Quoting Wikipedia: whatever energy a person puts out into the world, be it positive or negative, will be returned to that person three times. Many people on this thread may not realize this. This is how I learned to trust that things like tarot, palmistry, feng shui, astrology are not harmful. Even magic is not necessarily harmful; not all magic is "black".

I don't think this thread is speaking of the curses, etc., of wiccans though. Sounds more like there are other groups in India, Pakistan the Punjab that practice black magic. Are they practicing a certain "religion" or is it folk magic? Are some of them gypsies?

Peace peacesignkaur
Nam Jiwan

BHAI khao ku det neh..na bhai annat aan..WE DONT FEAR and we dont SPREAD FEAR..Chinta taan kee kejeyeha jo annhonne hoyeh..Why ??? Its ALL HIS DOING.

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
------ Black Magic is different from sleight of hand

That's a good question

We believe that these acts of sorcery forbidden in apparent
But does not give the rule of magic
As mentioned in the accompanying papers of these charlatans who Fascinate the eyes of the people is not the fact,
This should not be longer than one who disbelieves does magic
Because it uses jinn or demons,
But
is the result of sleight of hand and typecast
And imagination to the eyes of those present
And knowledge of the properties and some of the mysteries of chemistry
Such as images that were mentioned in the question,

Examples of sorcery that some people do it
And who fancy they see it beyond the capacity of human beings he Imagine that of magic
But are illusions
The behavior of the tricks that Fascinate the eyes of the people as did Pharaoh's magicians, God said:  if their ropes and their rods surmises of magic they seek 
Thus these acts listed are fantasies
But
If children are raised On that
Believed in these charlatans they afford to change the facts and the revival of the dead, and this belief signed in disbelief or And introductions to him

-------
Magic and its likes, such as divination, jugglery, conjuration, and employing the jinn for bad purposes, are prohibited in Islam because they are based on lying, cheating, ill-gotten moneys, and neglecting reason and religion. There is no doubt that magic has an external influence on some people of weak, diseased hearts and much illusion. Allah says, (... they taught men sorcery ... and from these two (angels) people learn that by which they cause division between man and wife; but they injure thereby no one save by Allah's permission).

The wisdom of prohibiting magic is that when Allah the Almighty created man, He honored him with reason and invited him to use reason to build his life according to its guidance, whereas magic and other things like it contradict the high divine goal and make man and society live in ignorance and illusion away from the truth and the real facts.

Islam has contended against magic and declared that a magician must be killed if he does not repent. The money gained from magic is unlawful. Teaching magic, learning it, and taking wages for it are all unlawful.

Imam as-Sadiq (as) said, 'He, who learns something of magic whether little or much, disbelieves ...

Imam Ali (as) said, 'A diviner is like a fortune-teller, and a fortune-teller is like a magician, and a magician is like an unbeliever, and the unbeliever will be in Fire.

If magic and its likes had no harmful effects, Islam would not have prohibited them. We do not say that magic has no effects, but one must seek the protection of Allah the Almighty from magic and its bad effects. Allah says in His Book, (So when they cast down, Musa (Moses) said to them: What you have brought is magic; surely Allah will make it naught; surely Allah does not make the work of mischief-makers to thrive. And Allah will show the truth to be the truth by His words, though the guilty may be averse (to it)).

This verse and what happened to Prophet Moses (as) with the magicians shows that magic was practiced by the followers of the Devils, but Allah curbed it so that its influence would not reach those who believed and relied on Allah sincerely such as Prophet Moses ( as) and the believers whom the influence of magic and jugglery did not affect.

We conclude that when man believes in Allah with sincerity and certainty, magic and its like will not have any influence over him. If magic was able to have influence over anyone, the devils from the human beings and the jinn would do to the believers whatever they liked; however, we find the believers stronger than them, and, moreover, they are able to even annul the effects of magic on others by reciting some Qur'anic verses and certain supplications, through which they strengthen the spirit of a bewitched one and help him overcome the magic and the magician

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
We conclude that when man believes in Allah with sincerity and certainty, magic and its like will not have any influence over him. If magic was able to have influence over anyone, the devils from the human beings and the jinn would do to the believers whatever they liked; however, we find the believers stronger than them, and, moreover, they are able to even annul the effects of magic on others by reciting some Qur'anic verses and certain supplications, through which they strengthen the spirit of a bewitched one and help him overcome the magic and the magician

If we term magic as a violation of the laws of God, I believe such violation does not exist, therefore it can only appear to violate these laws.

I find the best way for magic not to have any influence over you is not to believe in it......No Sikh Guru was a magician, none gave magic shows, other than the Sakhis (that in my view do more harm than good), you will be hard pressed to find any Guru with weird and wonderful powers. They just became the best that you could be, a path open to all of us, not just magicians.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

If we term magic as a violation of the laws of God, I believe such violation does not exist, therefore it can only appear to violate these laws.

I agree, Harry ji. How can someone violate God's Omnipotent Laws? It is impossible. They can rebel against God's Laws perhaps, but they can't break or violate them. Ultimately God is also the shield against all negativity. Surrounding ourselves with Light, we are immersed in the Light. Darkness cannot overcome Light; Light always overcomes darkness.

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012

That is exactly what I said. The wrong doers are punished by HIS HUKAM. And you have said all is HIS doing.
Now you may say his/her deeds were under Hukam. But you know Sikhism believes in "Karam Kamao, (Nam Japo te Wand Chakko"). "Jo beejai so Luoonreh". You have agreed to it by saying "What goes around, comes around...".
i.e. what one sows reaps the harvest. Punishment for bad deeds and reward for good deeds.
The main issue we were discussing was that is there something called "Black Magic"? Yes, I had said and given my experiences about it. The practitioner of Black Magic had spread her ill intentions and bad has befallen on her ....

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver

Gyanji, it's not often I have any reason to interven in your posts or disagree for that matter.
But, this ''What goes around comes around...circle of life''
is very closely describing ''Karma''
0:):)

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Gyanji, it's not often I have any reason to interven in your posts or disagree for that matter.
But, this ''What goes around comes around...circle of life''
is very closely describing ''Karma''
0:):)

MY "circle" is confined to...Those who LIVE by the sword..DIE by the sword..or..Those who Spread FEAR...will have their turn at the other end of the stick ( Someone stronger will turn up to strike FEAR into them )
Thats why GURU TEG BAHADUR ji said this..NO FEAR..of and NO FEAR by...

I DONT beleive in Karma per se...winkingmunda

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
"-What goes around, comes around..."
This is not as simple as it sounds, on the one hand, you may be talking about a celestial order whereby deeds are recorded, and suitable punishments/rewards are given, I do not believe this to be the essence of Sikhism. What I do believe is that if you do good, and try and live by the truth, although it is not a given that you will be better off, the chances are that life will be easier for you than living by lies.

Allow me to give you an example, in the parade of shops I am in, there is one fellow, he is always helpful, very helpful, in fact, the other day he offered to clean my windows, however, he will always remind you of what he has done, and he will blatantly ask for a favour back on the basis of his favour. Invariably the favour asked for in return far outweighs the favour given. As a consequence he seems to be tolerated, but disliked.

I would say that if you treat Creation well, Creation treats you well, not from a divine point of view, but from all the goodness in Creation, from the birds feeding their young, the people picking up others dogshit in the park, a thank you letter, there is much goodness in the world we do not see. ..

I have no time for black magic people, sometimes when I am bored, I ring the adverts in the back of the indian papers, and have a debate about which type of curry is better, Thai, or Indian, strangely enough, rather than be offended at my call, every single one has invited me for a session so that the answer can be found, only £150 too! All I have to do is bring some hairs from an Indian chef, and some hairs from a Thai chef!

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Gyani ji

How true. It creates a lot of anxiety and paranoia and makes people superstitious. I think this can happen in lots of situations, not only with curses, etc..

We can grow up believing and be superstitiously afraid if our parents or our culture is that way. Or it can make some feel uneasy when they have had negative vibes tossed at them. It means they have to do the work that will restore them to serenity (prayer/calling on the Beloved to become a Shield around them).

Thanks for bringing this up.
Nam Jiwan

Black magic is essentially a method/instrument to "Instill FEAR"....and each experience I have had with such practitioners is..IN the END..its the FEAR that kills them !!!

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
_/|\_ Sat Nam
Harry ji & SPN ji

This is not as simple as it sounds, on the one hand, you may be talking about a celestial order whereby deeds are recorded, and suitable punishments/rewards are given, I do not believe this to be the essence of Sikhism. What I do believe is that if you do good, and try and live by the truth, although it is not a given that you will be better off, the chances are that life will be easier for you than living by lies.

I think part of it is if we believe in doing good, the eyes of heart see the goodness. If we believe the world is filled with suffering, we see the suffering (and thus we miss the goodness). I don't think this is all there is to it. People who have near-death experiences speak of a "life review". They say they feel all the feelings that were originally felt during every moment of their life, but they also feel how the people felt who they interacted with. If they said something hurtful to someone, they experience the hurt that person felt. After a lot of time reflecting on this, I believe it must be about karma. Maybe we don't know exactly how karma happens, but it seems to be part of the soul's journey.

whereby deeds are recorded
starting a new thread on this one --- to discuss Chitr and Gupt

peacesign

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
MY "circle" is confined to...Those who LIVE by the sword..DIE by the sword..or..Those who Spread FEAR...will have their turn at the other end of the stick ( Someone stronger will turn up to strike FEAR into them )
Thats why GURU TEG BAHADUR ji said this..NO FEAR..of and NO FEAR by...

I DONT beleive in Karma per se...winkingmunda

I'm not sure if I understand this clearly!!
But what exactly is it about ''Karma'' that you don't believe.
I mean, is it the laws of karma, is it the karma philosophy which does vary with different religions or is it just the whole word and concept of such a thing called 'karma'.

Please explain a little.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM