• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

"Bin Bhaga"

leroy

SPNer
Jul 16, 2005
UK
WJKWJF

I have been reading Gurbani and in many places the bhag(good fortune) is used.

"Bin Bhaga Sat Sangh Na Labhe" (95) for example. I have read Gurbani translations but I am still not entirely satisfied.

My dilema is that if Sat Sangat cannot be achieved without "bhag" then one could argue that it is okay to live the life of a manmukh because they have not been blessed with "bhag".

How does one achieve good "bhag".

Can anybody assist?

WJKWJF

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Dear Leroy,

Everything is okay. He creates Manmukhs, Gurmukhs etc. Everything is within His Will (Razaa, Bhaana).

See if this incomplete example makes any sense:
Consider a class of students with a teacher. Teacher says – One should be intelligent to understand what I am saying. One student thinks – well, I am not intelligent… so it should be okay, if I don’t understand. Other student thinks – well, I am not intelligent… but I am going to seek blessings of my teacher… as teacher has all the ability to light the ray of intelligence. Teacher thinks – Come on, you all have the ability to be like me…. Get up, and submit yourself to me, and I am going to teach you everything… I will make you intelligent… but you got to take a step by yourself, and you will find my million steps towards you.

I hope you see a fine line between the ‘Submission to His Will’, ‘Self Attempts’ and ‘Bhag’. 'Bhag' is achieved with total submission to His Will, and always being in thankful mode for everything. With Guru’s blessings, Anything happens.

Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM