• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Beef Eating In Sikhism

Platinum007

SPNer
Jan 17, 2005
Future more, if a Lion can eat zebra's.. wouldn't it be part of the food chain?.. in no way are humans effecting the natural resources if we consume meat within MODERATION, rather then what we have today.

just a thought........

SinghGur

SPNer
Jan 15, 2005
canada
Sorry but that agruement of yours fails. Heribovores like cows are aslo part of the food chain and are just as important. Also do you know if we didn't genetically modified cows, chickens which make them grow bigger (we have to do this cause meat consumption is really high) they would become extinct and this would have detrimental effects on the environment because these animals are part of the food chain and this in turn would affect us.

Platinum007

SPNer
Jan 17, 2005
I think you overlooked what i said, i agree with you fully
BUT,

I never said cows arn't part of the food chain, or part of the food chain...
Yes i know the food we eat today is genetically modified. thats why i said eating such animals in MODERATION is what is needed, today we have 50 billion McDonalds, KFC in a city (sarcasim) at a macro economics level such genetic modification is required to satisfy the food industry. I beleive its unetical but its how society is right now.

All i'm saying is within moderation and the right amount of breading of these animals humans can eat livestock and not effect the anything. We just need to find a perfect equaliberiam.
Just like the example of a Lion eating a Zibera.. does the Zibera need to be genetically modified?.. is it extinct?.. NO.. the Lion eats just enough.. Meat is a very much of a healthy diet, but to much of one thing leads to problems like the ones you just stated..

all i'm saying is do it in moderation, and find that perfect equaliberiam point like other species in the food chain do. Sadly enough the problem is humans just came along and abused the whole system.

SinghGur

SPNer
Jan 15, 2005
canada
Its looks like were online at the same time.

Yes, I misread your post. So I guess you agree that God just didn't put cows, chickens for us to eat, they actually are apart of the food chain and we need them to make it work properly. Right now the situation is that where abusing it, so wouldn't you think it would be better off if we were vegeterians in the first place. I mean a lot of the kinds of meat we eat isn't really good for us, Even scientists are always saying this. Recently I watching the news where studies showed that eating red meat can lead to cancer. Even eating the most other kinds of meat, the risks usually outweigh the benefits. Also studies show that vegeterians are much healthier than meat eaters.

But I do think some things like fish are ok to eat because it is actually healthly for us. I remember reading that eating fish once a week actually does a lot of good to you, but people are overconsuming and its leading to a lot of them becoming extinct. So i guess we do agree on one thing that meat consumption should be reduced.

Pukandi Baba

SPNer
Mar 25, 2006
In a mansion
I'm a carnivore trying to give up meat!

Now the original question was regarding beef eating. Sikhs are not supposed to eat meat, any meat! If one does consume then beef should not be avoided. Hindu thought is the 'Dhaul' the bull rests the world upon it's thorns thus why the hindus don't eat cows. Now why would i find a cow to be sacred? are all animals not made by God!

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Pukandi Baba said:
I'm a carnivore trying to give up meat!

Now the original question was regarding beef eating. Sikhs are not supposed to eat meat, any meat! !

With all due respect, you are talking utter nonsense!!

Rehit Marayada says Sikhs can eat meat.

If a Sikh wants to eat beef then that is up to him/her.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
SinghGur said:
Its looks like were online at the same time.

Yes, I misread your post. So I guess you agree that God just didn't put cows, chickens for us to eat, they actually are apart of the food chain and we need them to make it work properly. Right now the situation is that where abusing it, so wouldn't you think it would be better off if we were vegeterians in the first place. I mean a lot of the kinds of meat we eat isn't really good for us, Even scientists are always saying this. Recently I watching the news where studies showed that eating red meat can lead to cancer. Even eating the most other kinds of meat, the risks usually outweigh the benefits. Also studies show that vegeterians are much healthier than meat eaters.

But I do think some things like fish are ok to eat because it is actually healthly for us. I remember reading that eating fish once a week actually does a lot of good to you, but people are overconsuming and its leading to a lot of them becoming extinct. So i guess we do agree on one thing that meat consumption should be reduced.

You eat too many Carbs eg potatoes, ad you will have problems. Eat too much fibre and you will have problems. Eat too much protein (meat/vegetable) you will have problems.

Have a balanced diet, to suit your own needs.

Pukandi Baba

SPNer
Mar 25, 2006
In a mansion
randip singh said:
With all due respect, you are talking utter nonsense!!

Rehit Marayada says Sikhs can eat meat.

If a Sikh wants to eat beef then that is up to him/her.

We can debate this until the cows come home (No pun intended)

We can find the necessary quotes in regard to not eating meat in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji - But like Guru Ji says only the fools debate what is meat and what is not. let's leave it at that shall we! :)

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Pukandi Baba said:
We can debate this until the cows come home (No pun intended)

We can find the necessary quotes in regard to not eating meat in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji - But like Guru Ji says only the fools debate what is meat and what is not. let's leave it at that shall we! :)

Agreed.....and it is up to each and everyone of us to find Waheguru within ourselves.

jegi

Banned
Oct 28, 2009
Well it is up 2 the individuals sikhs whether they do or dont .... There are alot of alternative meats: Chicken.Lamb,Pork,Mutton n Goat as we all know crosses over 2 all religious boundaries n the most important issue as long as the animal is killed in humane n a effective manner like say "one blow kills it dead" ...... jegi ....

Jan 14, 2010
Ek Oankar Wahiguru Ji Ki Fateh

Das wants to say that yes he eats beef.

And it was decided on 14/08/2004 evening in meeting between many a Sikhs that Sikhs must eat beef.This is an ample proof that we are not Hindus.

more Detail will follow tomorrow but reply are requested.

yes i also agree with you brother but beef should jatka

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM