• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Kirtan Baras Megh Ji. Til Bilam Na Lao (Bhai Nirmal Singh Ji)

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
re: Baras Megh Ji..Til Bilam Na Lao (Bhai Nirmal Singh ji)

Hardip Singh ji

The link is to a Google doc. It is not working. Let's try to find the music file and proceed from there. :)

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009

Hardip Singh ji

The link is to a Google doc. It is not working. Let's try to find the music file and proceed from there. :)
Sorry, I am trying with other way. Could you guide me the second part ofthe quarry.
Regards

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Yes, Hardip ji

That is what I was thinking to do. Let's find the music file first.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Hardip Ji,

The difficulty you faced is becasue the Title TUK of the shabd is WRONG..on the Album title and also all the sites that carry this shabd..

The right tuk is.. Baras MEGH JI...TIL BILAM na lao....and not ..."KIYO" as given...
I have no idea why people are so CARELESS with Scared Gurbani...esp on an ALBUM Title ..
The Shaabd is on Page 1267-1268

<table cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><td>ਮਲਾਰ ਮਹਲਾ

Malār mėhlā 5.
Malaar, Fifth Mehl:

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਬਰਸੁ ਮੇਘ ਜੀ ਤਿਲੁ ਬਿਲਮੁ ਲਾਉ

Baras megẖ jī ṯil bilam na lā▫o.
Rain down, O cloud; do not delay.

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਬਰਸੁ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਮਨਹਿ ਸਧਾਰੇ ਹੋਇ ਅਨਦੁ ਸਦਾ ਮਨਿ ਚਾਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
बरसु पिआरे मनहि सधारे होइ अनदु सदा मनि चाउ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Baras pi▫āre manėh saḏẖāre ho▫e anaḏ saḏā man cẖā▫o. ||1|| rahā▫o.
O beloved cloud, O support of the mind, you bring lasting bliss and joy to the mind. ||1||Pause||

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਹਮ ਤੇਰੀ ਧਰ ਸੁਆਮੀਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਤੂ ਕਿਉ ਮਨਹੁ ਬਿਸਾਰੇ

Ham ṯerī ḏẖar su▫āmī▫ā mere ṯū ki▫o manhu bisāre.
I take to Your Support, O my Lord and Master; how could You forget me?
<table cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><td>ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਰੂਪ ਚੇਰੀ ਕੀ ਨਿਆਈ ਸੋਭ ਨਹੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਭਰਤਾਰੇ ॥੧॥
इसत्री रूप चेरी की निआई सोभ नही बिनु भरतारे ॥१॥
Isṯarī rūp cẖerī kī ni▫ā▫ī sobẖ nahī bin bẖarṯāre. ||1||
I am Your beautiful bride, Your servant and slave. I have no nobility without my Husband Lord. ||1||

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਬਿਨਉ ਸੁਨਿਓ ਜਬ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਮੇਰੈ ਬੇਗਿ ਆਇਓ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧਾਰੇ
बिनउ सुनिओ जब ठाकुर मेरै बेगि आइओ किरपा धारे ॥
Bin▫o suni▫o jab ṯẖākur merai beg ā▫i▫o kirpā ḏẖāre.
When my Lord and Master listened to my prayer, He hurried to shower me with His Mercy.

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਮੇਰੋ ਬਨਿਓ ਸੁਹਾਗੋ ਪਤਿ ਸੋਭਾ ਭਲੇ ਅਚਾਰੇ ॥੨॥੩॥੭॥
कहु नानक मेरो बनिओ सुहागो पति सोभा भले अचारे ॥२॥३॥७॥
Kaho Nānak mero bani▫o suhāgo paṯ sobẖā bẖale acẖāre. ||2||3||7||
Says Nanak, I have become just like my Husband Lord; I am blessed with honor, nobility and the lifestyle of goodness. ||2||3||7||

</td></tr> <tr><td> http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਲਾਰ </td></tr></tbody></table>
</td></tr></tbody></table>http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/darpan2/1267.html link from SGGS Darpan for Punjabi Meanings word by word...

Here is a MP3 link... for the words.. http://music.raag.fm/Shabad_Gurbani...alsa_(Hazoori_Ragi_Sri_Darbar_Sahib_Amritsar)

I also DONT quite get the Sri Granth org searches...only my decades of Paath of sggs helps me locate shbads form just a single tuk..anywhere in the shabad...Please enjoy this Jios

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Gyani ji

We both thank you for doing the heavy lifting. japposatnamwaheguru:

p/s Hardip ji I have not checked my email as of yet. But will later today and fix the link.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: Baras Megh Ji..Til Bilam Na Lao (Bhai Nirmal Singh ji)

I wonder how much effort i will have to put in to do a Complete TUK categorisation...the first four words of Eacha nd every Tuk ALPHABETICALLY arranged like in a Dictionary...that will enable anyoen to find the right TUK no matter where its located in the shabad...have thought much about this...maybe Guru Ji will give some inspiration to begin the effort...it would def be worthwhile and a big hit...and that will also put paid to any "spurious tuks" pretending to be gurbani...as it would be easy as ABC to spot them..:singhsippingcoffee:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Re: Baras Megh Ji..Til Bilam Na Lao (Bhai Nirmal Singh ji)

Gyani Jarnail Singh ji thank you.

I have taken Professor Sahib Singh ji's Teeka to provide comments on essence of the shabad below in red,
Hardip Ji,

The difficulty you faced is becasue the Title TUK of the shabd is WRONG..on the Album title and also all the sites that carry this shabd..

The right tuk is.. Baras MEGH JI...TIL BILAM na lao....and not ..."KIYO" as given...
I have no idea why people are so CARELESS with Scared Gurbani...esp on an ALBUM Title ..
The Shaabd is on Page 1267-1268

<table cellspacing="5" height="1964" width="503"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td>ਮਲਾਰ ਮਹਲਾ

Malār mėhlā 5.
Malaar, Fifth Mehl:

</td></tr> <tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td> ਬਰਸੁ ਮੇਘ ਜੀ ਤਿਲੁ ਬਿਲਮੁ ਲਾਉ

Baras megẖ jī ṯil bilam na lā▫o.
Rain down, O cloud; do not delay.

</td></tr> <tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td>ਬਰਸੁ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਮਨਹਿ ਸਧਾਰੇ ਹੋਇ ਅਨਦੁ ਸਦਾ ਮਨਿ ਚਾਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
बरसु पिआरे मनहि सधारे होइ अनदु सदा मनि चाउ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Baras pi▫āre manėh saḏẖāre ho▫e anaḏ saḏā man cẖā▫o. ||1|| rahā▫o.

O beloved cloud, O support of the mind, you bring lasting bliss and joy to the mind. ||1||Pause||
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->ArQ:- hy nwm-jl dy BMfwr siqgurU jI! (myry ihrdy ivc nwm-jl dI) vrKw kr [ rqw BI iF`l nwh kr [ hy ipAwry gurU! hy myry mn ƒ shwrw dyx vwly gurU! (nwm-jl dI) vrKw kr [ (ies vrKw nwl) myry mn ivc sdw ^uSI huMdI hY sdw Awnμd pYdw huMdw hY [1[rhwau[

Mighty creator, shower soon drops of true understanding in my mind. With this my mind becomes ever right and I am happy and in bliss.
</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td>ਹਮ ਤੇਰੀ ਧਰ ਸੁਆਮੀਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਤੂ ਕਿਉ ਮਨਹੁ ਬਿਸਾਰੇ

Ham ṯerī ḏẖar su▫āmī▫ā mere ṯū ki▫o manhu bisāre.
I take to Your Support, O my Lord and Master; how could You forget me?
<table cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><td>ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਰੂਪ ਚੇਰੀ ਕੀ ਨਿਆਈ ਸੋਭ ਨਹੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਭਰਤਾਰੇ ॥੧॥
इसत्री रूप चेरी की निआई सोभ नही बिनु भरतारे ॥१॥
Isṯarī rūp cẖerī kī ni▫ā▫ī sobẖ nahī bin bẖarṯāre. ||1||
I am Your beautiful bride, Your servant and slave. I have no nobility without my Husband Lord. ||1||

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
hy myry suAwmI pRBU! mYƒ qyrw hI Awsrw hY, qUM mYƒ Awpxy mn qoN nwh ivswr [ mYN qW iesqRI vWg (inrbl) hW, dwsI vWg (kmzor) hW [ (iesqrI) pqI qoN ibnw soBw nhIN pWdI, (dwsI) mwlk qoN ibnw soBw nhIN pWdI [1[

Oh the creator, I depend on you as without achieving this unison of understanding of you, I feel dysfunctional and contrite .
</td></tr> <tr><td> ਬਿਨਉ ਸੁਨਿਓ ਜਬ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਮੇਰੈ ਬੇਗਿ ਆਇਓ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧਾਰੇ
बिनउ सुनिओ जब ठाकुर मेरै बेगि आइओ किरपा धारे ॥
Bin▫o suni▫o jab ṯẖākur merai beg ā▫i▫o kirpā ḏẖāre.
When my Lord and Master listened to my prayer, He hurried to shower me with His Mercy.

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਮੇਰੋ ਬਨਿਓ ਸੁਹਾਗੋ ਪਤਿ ਸੋਭਾ ਭਲੇ ਅਚਾਰੇ ॥੨॥੩॥੭॥
कहु नानक मेरो बनिओ सुहागो पति सोभा भले अचारे ॥२॥३॥७॥
Kaho Nānak mero bani▫o suhāgo paṯ sobẖā bẖale acẖāre. ||2||3||7||
Says Nanak, I have become just like my Husband Lord; I am blessed with honor, nobility and the lifestyle of goodness. ||2||3||7||

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
hy nwnk! AwK—(hy sKI!) jdoN myry mwlk pRBU ny (myrI ieh) bynqI suxI, qW imhr kr ky auh CyqI (myry ihrdy ivc) Aw v`isAw [ hux myrI suBwgqw bx geI hY, mYƒ ie`zq iml geI hY, mYƒ soBw iml geI hY, myrI BlI krxI ho geI hY [2[3[7[

Nanak says, I feel blessed as the benevolent creator has accepted and provided understanding and I have become fortunate with my respect and recognition in tact.
</td></tr> <tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>Synopsis:
Guru ji compare one of the creator's elements in the name of cloud and rain. He likens it to the droplets of understanding that enrich self and provide consonance with worldly living.

Guruji also point out how one is dysfunctional without such understanding of creation/creator.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

I appreciate any comments and stand corrected and apologize ahead if any errors.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM