• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Arts/Society Backyard Vegetable Garden

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
I would like to start with the item called MOOLI.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-daikon.htm

I would also like to know other benefits of MOOLI in terms of medicinal, cosmetics, hair, scalp and face, alternative to household chemicals, etc.
Currently I bought a 5000 sq ft plot of land with a huge house having alot of space to grow vegetables in containers. I already got my first harvest of corn, mustard green. Tomatoes and okra are also just planted in old tyres. They are doing well.

Just bought MOOLI seeds to be planted soon.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Astroboy ji

There is a famous story of an ancient Zen master who loved mooli, which is daikon, so much that one night he stuffed himself and then he died.

The lore of Zen Buddhism includes many a story of daikon. You can look them up.

On another note, they are great in parathas .... nearby restaurant stuffs them that way.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Have tried Shallots/onion juice mixed with garlic juice to apply on my scalp in order to have my hair regrow in the balding areas. I can say that it got the itch off my scalp. But when I tried mooli juice massaged on my head, it reduced the itch and dandruff tremendously.

Earlier i made my own shampoo of ACV and Honey to remove the itch. I gave some to my neighbor and a nother friend to try. The feedback I got from them is that it blackens greying hair. Although I had not known about using MOOLI earlier, I sure am going to try a new recipe of shampoo adding it to ACV, Honey, Onions and Garlic. To even out the smell and give it a better fragrance, I'm using the Balsam shampoo.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM