• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Baba Fauja Singh To Retire After Feb 2013 Hong Kong Race

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
101 years old Sikh marathon runner to retire in Feb. 2013 after Hong Kong race

by Gurtej Singh

http://www.sikhsiyasat.net/2013/01/...r-to-retire-in-feb-2013-after-hong-kong-race/

Baba Fauja Singh, a 101-year-old Sikh, who is regarded as the world’s oldest marathon runner will quit after one final run at next month’s Hong Kong race, media reports said.

Baba Fauja Singh (101)

British national Baba Fauja Singh admitted age was finally catching up with him and he had decided not to compete after the Hong Kong Marathon on February 24, five weeks before his 102nd birthday on April 1.

“But I will keep running for at least four hours daily after that,” Singh, who lives in Ilford, England, reportedly told ‘Times of India’ (TOI) during a visit to his home state of Punjab.

“Running is my life. I will keep running to inspire the masses.”

Baba Fauja Singh, dubbed the ‘Turbaned Tornado’, took up running marathons at the ripe old age of 89 and has been credited with competing in eight 42-kilometer (26-mile) races in London, Toronto and New York.

He finished his fifth London Marathon last year in a time of seven hours and 49 minutes and was honored by being invited to carry the Olympic torch.

Baba Fauja Singh, who says he was born on April 1, 1911, said that he was not suffering from any illnesses and did not take medicines when he was asked the secret of his amazing physical fitness.

“The reason for my good health is that I exercise daily and follow a proper diet regime,” he was quoted as saying. “I take happiness in biggest proportions though my actual diet is very small”.

“Nowadays, people are more interested in going to a gym, but I feel that if they exercise regularly on their own they can be physically and mentally strong”, Baba Fauja Singh reportedly added.

“Daily exercise will keep you away from all diseases.”

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: