• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Attractions Of The World

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
There are so many attractions in this world around us to make us forget our right path, our true purpose. It is so easy to get distracted within these perishable and evanescent attractions and lures. Without Guru we keep on dancing over this on going tilt of good and bad, better and worse. One charm attacts us, we start walking toward it, we see something bad in it, we start looking for another attraction, or we find something better than that, we tend to start walking towards that, and this process never stops.

Only after coming under True Guru's Shelter one can realize what is real and what is false.

In the following Shabad Guru Ji describes:

English Translation:
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
Raag Siree Raag, First Mehl, First House:
If I had a palace made of pearls, inlaid with jewels,
scented with musk, saffron and sandalwood, a sheer delight to behold
-seeing this, I might go astray and forget You, and Your Name would not enter into my mind. ||1||
Without the Lord, my soul is scorched and burnt.
I consulted my Guru, and now I see that there is no other place at all. ||1||Pause||
If the floor of this palace was a mosaic of diamonds and rubies, and if my bed was encased with rubies,
and if heavenly beauties, their faces adorned with emeralds, tried to entice me with sensual gestures of love
-seeing these, I might go astray and forget You, and Your Name would not enter into my mind. ||2||
If I were to become a Siddha, and work miracles, summon wealth
and become invisible and visible at will, so that people would hold me in awe
-seeing these, I might go astray and forget You, and Your Name would not enter into my mind. ||3||
If I were to become an emperor and raise a huge army, and sit on a throne,
issuing commands and collecting taxes-O Nanak, all of this could pass away like a puff of wind.
Seeing these, I might go astray and forget You, and Your Name would not enter into my mind. ||4||1||
source: SikhiToTheMax

Punjabi Translation:
ArQ:- jy (myry vwsqy) moqIAW dy mhl-mwVIAW ausr pYx, jy (auh mhl-mwVIAW) rqnW nwl jVwaU ho jwx, jy (auhnW mhl-mwVIAW ƒ) ksqUrI kysr aUd qy cMdn nwl ilpweI kr ky (myry AMdr) cwau cVHy, (qW BI ieh sB kuJ ivArQ hY, mYƒ ^qrw hY ik iehnW mhl-mwVIAW) ƒ vyK ky mYN ikqy (hy pRBU!) qYƒ Bulw nwh bYTW, ikqy qUM mYƒ iv`sr nwh jweyN, ikqy qyrw nwm myry ic`q ivc itky hI nwh [1[
mYN Awpxy gurU ƒ pu`C ky vyK ilAw hY (mY Awpxy gurU ƒ pu`iCAw hY qy mYƒ XkIn BI Aw igAw hY) ik pRBU qoN iv`CuV ky ijMd sV-bl jWdI hY (qy pRBU dI Xwd qoN ibnw) hor koeI QW (BI) nhIN hY (ijQy auh swV mu`k sky) [1[rhwau[
jy (myry rhx vwsqy) DrqI hIry lwlW nwl jVI jwey, jy (myry sOx vwly) plµG au~qy lwl jVy jwx, jy (myry swhmxy) auh suMdr iesqRI hwv-Bwv kry ijs dy m`Qy auqy mxI soB rhI hovy, (qW BI ieh sB kuJ ivArQ hY, mYƒ ^qrw hY ik Aijhy suMdr QW qy AijhI suMdrI ƒ) vyK ky mYN ikqy (hy pRBU!) qYƒ Bulw nwh bYTW, ikqy qUM mYƒ iv`sr nwh jweyN, ikqy qyrw nwm myry ic`q ivc itky hI nwh [2[
jy mYN pu`gw hoieAw jogI bx jwvW, jy mYN jog-smwDI dIAW kwmXwbIAW hwsl kr lvW, jy mYN jog qoN pRwpq ho skx vwlIAW brkqW ƒ vwj mwrW qy auh (myry pws) Aw jwx, jy (jog dI qwkq nwl) mYN kdy luk skW qy kdy prq`K ho ky bYT jwvW, jy (swrw) jgq myrw Awdr kry, (qW BI ieh sB kuJ ivArQ hY, mYƒ ^qrw hY ik iehnW ir`DIAW is`DIAW ƒ) vyK ky mYN ikqy (hy pRBU!) qYƒ Bulw nwh bYTW, ikqy qUM mYƒ iv`sr nwh jweyN, ikqy qyrw nwm myry ic`q ivc itky hI nwh [3[
jy mYN &OjW iek`TIAW kr ky bwdSwh bx jwvW, jy mYN (q^q au~qy) bYTw (bwdSwhI dw) hukm clw skW, qW BI, hy nwnk! (ieh) sB kuJ ivArQ hY (mYƒ ^qrw hY ik ieh rwj-Bwg) vyK ky mYN ikqy (hy pRBU!) qYƒ Bulw nwh bYTW, ikqy qUM mYƒ iv`sr nwh jweyN, ikqy qyrw nwm myry ic`q ivc itky hI nwh [4[1[

Bwv:- pRBU dI Xwd Bulw ky ijMd sV-bl jWdI hY [ jog dIAW ir`DIAW is`DIAW, qy bwdSwhI pRBU dy ivCoVy qoN pYdw hoey aus swV ƒ SWq nhIN kr skdy [ ieh qW sgoN prmwqmw nwloN iv`Q vDw ky swV pYdw krdy hn [
source: http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/darpan2/0014.html

Shabad Gurbani:
<> siqgur pRswid ]
rwgu isrIrwgu mhlw pihlw 1 Gru 1 ]
moqI q mMdr aUsrih rqnI q hoih jVwau ]
ksqUir kuMgU Agir cMdin lIip AwvY cwau ]
mqu dyiK BUlw vIsrY qyrw iciq n AwvY nwau ]1]
hir ibnu jIau jil bil jwau ]
mY Awpxw guru pUiC dyiKAw Avru nwhI Qwau ]1] rhwau ]
DrqI q hIry lwl jVqI pliG lwl jVwau ]
mohxI muiK mxI sohY kry rMig pswau ]
mqu dyiK BUlw vIsrY qyrw iciq n AwvY nwau ]2]
isDu hovw isiD lweI iriD AwKw Awau ]
gupqu prgtu hoie bYsw loku rwKY Bwau ]
mqu dyiK BUlw vIsrY qyrw iciq n AwvY nwau ]3]
sulqwnu hovw myil lskr qKiq rwKw pwau ]
hukmu hwslu krI bYTw nwnkw sB vwau ]
mqu dyiK BUlw vIsrY qyrw iciq n AwvY nwau ]4]1]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
If you are a little bird, the mango tree is very large and cooling. If a bee, a bed of flowers is huge and beautiful. If you are a human the forest is deep and the Ocean is unfathomable. If you are longing for The Husband Lord, His Love seems beyond all measure.

ਬਨ ਫੂਲੇ ਮੰਝ ਬਾਰਿ ਮੈ ਪਿਰੁ ਘਰਿ ਬਾਹੁੜੈ ॥
ban foolae manjh baar mai pir ghar baahurrai ||
The forest is blossoming in front of my door; if only my Beloved would return to my home!

ਪਿਰੁ ਘਰਿ ਨਹੀ ਆਵੈ ਧਨ ਕਿਉ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਬਿਰਹਿ ਬਿਰੋਧ ਤਨੁ ਛੀਜੈ ॥
pir ghar nehee aavai dhhan kio sukh paavai birehi birodhh than shheejai ||
If her Husband Lord does not return home, how can the soul-bride find peace? Her body is wasting away with the sorrow of separation.

ਕੋਕਿਲ ਅੰਬਿ ਸੁਹਾਵੀ ਬੋਲੈ ਕਿਉ ਦੁਖੁ ਅੰਕਿ ਸਹੀਜੈ ॥
kokil anb suhaavee bolai kio dhukh ank seheejai ||
The beautiful song-bird sings, perched on the mango tree; but how can I endure the pain in the depths of my being?

ਭਵਰੁ ਭਵੰਤਾ ਫੂਲੀ ਡਾਲੀ ਕਿਉ ਜੀਵਾ ਮਰੁ ਮਾਏ ॥
bhavar bhavanthaa foolee ddaalee kio jeevaa mar maaeae ||
The bumble bee is buzzing around the flowering branches; but how can I survive? I am dying, O my mother!

ਨਾਨਕ ਚੇਤਿ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਜੇ ਹਰਿ ਵਰੁ ਘਰਿ ਧਨ ਪਾਏ ॥੫॥
naanak chaeth sehaj sukh paavai jae har var ghar dhhan paaeae ||5||
O Nanak, in Chayt, peace is easily obtained, if the soul-bride obtains the Lord as her Husband, within the home of her own heart. ||5||

ਵੈਸਾਖੁ ਭਲਾ ਸਾਖਾ ਵੇਸ ਕਰੇ ॥
vaisaakh bhalaa saakhaa vaes karae ||
Baisakhi is so pleasant; the branches blossom with new leaves.

ਧਨ ਦੇਖੈ ਹਰਿ ਦੁਆਰਿ ਆਵਹੁ ਦਇਆ ਕਰੇ ॥
dhhan dhaekhai har dhuaar aavahu dhaeiaa karae ||
The soul-bride yearns to see the Lord at her door. Come, O Lord, and take pity on me!

ਘਰਿ ਆਉ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਦੁਤਰ ਤਾਰੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਢੁ ਨ ਮੋਲੋ ॥
ghar aao piaarae dhuthar thaarae thudhh bin adt n molo ||
Please come home, O my Beloved; carry me across the treacherous world-ocean. Without You, I am not worth even a shell.

ਕੀਮਤਿ ਕਉਣ ਕਰੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਾਵਾਂ ਦੇਖਿ ਦਿਖਾਵੈ ਢੋਲੋ ॥
keemath koun karae thudhh bhaavaan dhaekh dhikhaavai dtolo ||
Who can estimate my worth, if I am pleasing to You? I see You, and inspire others to see You, O my Love.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Numberless worldly affairs, all seem to be more important, Maya make them look like so :)...

English Translation (source: SikhiToTheMax):

Shalok, Third Mehl:
The love of Maya is enticing; without teeth, it has eaten up the world.
The self-willed manmukhs are eaten away, while the Gurmukhs are saved; they focus their consciousness on the True Name.
Without the Name, the world wanders around insane; the Gurmukhs come to see this.
Involved in worldly affairs, he wastes his life in vain; the peace-giving Lord does not come to abide in his mind.
O Nanak, they alone obtain the Name, who have such pre-ordained destiny. ||1||
source: SikhiToTheMax

Punjabi Translation(source:GuruGranthDarpan)
ਮਾਇਆ ਦੀ ਅਪਣੱਤ (ਭਾਵ, ਇਹ ਖ਼ਿਆਲ ਕਿ ਏਹ ਸ਼ੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਹੈ, ਇਹ ਧਨ ਮੇਰਾ ਹੈ,) ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਮੋਹਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਹੈ, ਇਸ ਨੇ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਦੰਦਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਹੀ ਖਾ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ (ਭਾਵ, ਸਮੂਲਚਾ ਹੀ ਨਿਗਲ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ), ਮਨਮੁਖ (ਇਸ 'ਮਮਤਾ' ਵਿਚ) ਗ੍ਰਸੇ ਗਏ ਹਨ, ਤੇ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਾਂ ਨੇ ਸੱਚੇ ਨਾਮ ਵਿਚ ਚਿੱਤ ਜੋੜਿਆ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਬਚ ਗਏ ਹਨ।ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਇਹ ਦਿੱਸ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਨਾਮ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਕਮਲਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਭਟਕਦਾ ਹੈ, ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਕਜ਼ੀਏ ਕਰਦਿਆਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾ ਜਨਮ ਨਿਸਫਲ ਗਵਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ਨਾਮ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਨਹੀਂ ਵਸਾਉਂਦਾ।
(ਪਰ) ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਨਾਮ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਮੁੱਢ ਤੋਂ (ਕੀਤੇ ਕਰਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ) (ਸੰਸਕਾਰ-ਰੂਪ ਲੇਖ) ਉੱਕਰ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ ਰੱਖ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ।੧।
source:
PAGE 643 - Punjabi Translation of Siri Guru Granth Sahib (Sri Guru Granth Darpan).
PAGE 644 - Punjabi Translation of Siri Guru Granth Sahib (Sri Guru Granth Darpan).

Guru Shabad:
sloku mÚ 3 ]
mwieAw mmqw mohxI ijin ivxu dMqw jgu KwieAw ]
mnmuK KwDy gurmuiK aubry ijnI sic nwim icqu lwieAw ]
ibnu nwvY jgu kmlw iPrY gurmuiK ndrI AwieAw ]
DMDw kriqAw inhPlu jnmu gvwieAw suKdwqw min n vswieAw ]
nwnk nwmu iqnw kau imilAw ijn kau Duir iliK pwieAw ]1]

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM