• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Attack On Indian Sikh Driver In Oz

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Not just Australians. It is happening in many places. But again this is a huge break in my awareness again. Canada and Australia -- big, wide-open, tolerant -- or so we here in the states had that fantasy. I don't know what to think anymore.

But you know - after a few minutes of reflection - this comes to me. Indian immigrants everywhere have in general (there are always exceptions) made successes of their lives and their families in one generation. Even when a family income is very modest it is based on a stable business or reliable form of employment. The next generation is encouraged to seek college degrees and advanced professional education as doctors, lawyers, and etc. So maybe the awareness of this is catching up in too many places and the explanation is based on pure ENVY. And loss of EGO.

As for the aborginal people -- again not just in Australia, but everywhere -- there always has to be some one or some downtrodden group who can carry the projection of the ONES WHO DESERVE TO BE DESPISED AND OPPRESSED. Dalits, Australian aboriginals, African Americans. immigrants from deeply impoverished countries.

These two stories really do fit together Aman ji.

Thank you :wah:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM