• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Are Africans Better Than Athletes From Other Races?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
In french football team 9 out of 11 players are african or of african desecendent.How is it possible that football which is most popular sport in France only Africans are got selected in Team? There population in France is just 2 million while White french are 58 millions

Attachments

• jesse_owens.jpg
    jesse_owens.jpg
    63.4 KB · Reads: 403
Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Kanwardeep Singh ji

Interesting question. There have been scientific studies of this question. The answer seems to be it depends on the sport and the physical requirements placed on the long versus short skeletal muscles. In the US you see a predominance of African Americans in basketball and certain types of marathons/racing but not all.

There are certain skeletal/muscle types that lead to greater success in one sport versus another. The body-build is what we typically call that. I would be interested to make comparisons between Africans playing basketball versus those playing soccer, however, because different body-types are needed for each sport. And ....this is important...the body types among Africans are not all alike because of the diversity of genetic pools from one area to another. E.G., Ethiopians compared to Bantu compared to peoples from Kenya or Ghana or Sierra Leone. VERY DIFFERENT. Africans are not all of one sort anatomically. The people of Sierra Leone, for example, can be very tall with massive bone structure -- which is not the favored body build for a soccer player. Interesting to check this out.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
In basketball One of the main requirement is very tall height Which is not possible no matter what you do unless you are born in family of tall people.On the other hand soccer is common man's game shortest players are around 5-4 tallest 6-8.The only requirement are speed stamina and skills of football.Also I heard about USA is that basketball's craze was too much among blacks on the other hand White's are equally crazy about football as much blacks.

The total population of blacks in France is 2 million While registered foot ball players are 2.3 millions It means large number of Ethnic French play football but why only blacks got selected is mystery.One politician also said this that French team is to much black

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Kanwardeep ji

In the US, it is basketball as the national religion,. American Football is the national sport, Baseball is loosing a lot of popularity each year but still considered the American game.

I though you would find this interesting. As much as soccer is gaining popularity in the US today, and as much as major corporations are building great soccer stadiums..... well.... Soccer is not on the front page and the World Cup competitions are not on the front sports page of any of the 3 major newspapers in my area (Philadelphia) I can't even find them in the online index of the Philly.com sports online papers.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Kanwardeep ji

In the US, it is basketball as the national religion,. Football is the national sport, Baseball ll loosing a lot of popularity each year but still considered the American game.

I though you would find this interesting. As much as soccer is gaining popularity in the US today, and as much as major corporations are building great soccer stadiums..... well.... Soccer is not on the front page and the World Cup competitions are not on the front page of any of the 3 major newspapers in my area (Philadelphia) I can't even find them in the online index of the Philly.com sports online papers.

I think One of the problem with USA is they live in their own world.Clubs competing with each other.I don't think I ever heard That basketball world cup is going On and USA team losses and the entire country become sad or celebrate If they win world cup.

India and Pakistan are enemy so it makes Ind pak cricket match like a war which is tomorrow .The people of one country will become extremely happy while others will become sad.On the other hand I have never heard in days of cold war USA or soviet playing any game with the both countries watching it as a
matter of national pride

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
OK - Sorry

I spoke too soon. In the last hour they actually updated their news. In the pic you can see the Philadelphia basketball team members working out. That is the top story. We are just finishing up the National Basketball League finals Right underneath we have the soccer news.

LOL - big pic versus small pic.

Attachments

• sports.jpg
    sports.jpg
    129.4 KB · Reads: 257

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I think One of the problem with USA is they live in their own world.Clubs competing with each other.

For the most part you are right when you say we live in our own world. There are exceptions of course. But a "problem?" It is just the way it is. Funny thing is that even though the US is made up of one wave of immigrants after another for the past 300 years, the international mindset has never taken over. True for language, sports, and many other things except food.

I think it is because there is a major ocean on both sides of the country. The founders made political use of the barriers that the Atlantic and Pacific could create. From the 18th Century the capital was always on the East Coast (New York, Philadelphia, and then Washington DC). But they had a back up capital city on the West Coast in Washington state, on the Pacific side. And you know historically immigrants came here to get away from everything else for one reason or another.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM