• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Archaeologists Yield To Godman's Dreams, Digging For Gold Begins

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
A seer's dream has set the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) on an unprecedented treasure-hunt in a remote village in Uttar Pradesh province of India.

The ASI came into the picture after the seer, named Shobhan Sarkar, reportedly told Union Minister Charan Das Mahant that he had seen in his dream that a large amount of gold lay buried near the dilapidated palace of Raja Rao Ram Baksh Singh, a 19th century royal, at Daundia Khera village in Unnao district.

Following the information, the ASI reached Daundia Khera this weekend to dig out the lost treasure. It has already began its survey for the excavation work. "The excavation will be started by the end of this month. The gold was buried there by the ancestors of Raja Baksh Singh," Swami Om Jee, who claims to be a disciple of Sarkar, said. Although District Magistrate Vijay Kiran Anand avoided mentioning any sadhu's role in the ASI survey of the area, he said he had received a letter stating that excavation was likely to take place. "The Geological Survey of India had stated in a letter that some valuables may be there inside the earth. This is the reason that the ASI wants to start some excavation work. But there will be a representative from the state government when this excavation starts. I have written to the government about it," he said.

Even though the truth about the gold bounty is yet to be established, it has already generated a fair share of claims and demands from locals and others. Villagers are now demanding that the local youngsters be provided with government jobs if the ASI succeeds in recovering the gold. "We want the government to spend 20 per cent of the wealth that the ASI recovers on the development of the village. We need a hospital and an engineering college in our village. The government must also declare the village an industrial area," village head Ajay Pal Singh said. Meanwhile, one Chandi Veer Pratap Singh met the district magistrate on Saturday and claimed that he is a descendant of Baksh Singh. "I want the government to form a committee to supervise the excavation and give us a share in whatever is found there," he demanded.

Not to be left behind, the local legislator claimed the area will be developed as a tourist destination. "The state government will soon approve Rs 3.5 crore to develop the area as a tourist spot. The king was killed while fighting the British forces in 1857. His sacrifice must be recognised," Kuldeep Singh Sengar, Samajwadi Party MLA from Bhagwatnagar, said.

(Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahom...t-rajas-buried-gold-seer-DREAMS-location.html)

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
I used to hear this story in my childhood... never thought it could be so effectively implemented... lolhere goes the story...

An old Italian gentleman lived alone in New Jersey. He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, as the ground was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:
Dear Vincent,
I am feeling pretty sad because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
Love, Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.
Dear Papa,
Don’t dig up that garden. That’ s where the bodies are buried.
Love, Vinnie

At 4 a.m. The next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.
Dear Papa,
Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That’s the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love you, Vinnie

So all good for that remote village, it will have the land cultivated and there might as well finally be electricity, water, concrete roads and what not! Maybe we could trace that Mahapurakh's roots in that village... :grinningkaur:

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: