• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leisure Appropriate To Send Flowers To A Friend's Ill Mother In India?

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
A very close friend, his elder Mother (mid 70's) had a serious fall yesterday and I want to send something for my get well soon wishes. I was thinking of sending flowers, and they come with kaju barfi (I know it's sweet but not sure exactly what it is) Would this be appropriate? I am assuming get well gifts would be similar in India to NA, but wanted to check if its appropriate before I do.

This is what I was thinking of having delivered:
http://www.indiaonlineflorists.com/Page_details.asp?product_id=CMH118&page_name=flowers_online

Thanks in advance

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
I think bouquet of flowers with a personalized message would be fine on this occasion... kaju barfi is usually distributed on a very happy event in India. :grinningsingh:

I wish I had gotten your msg sooner. I actually ran into a local friend who is from India in the mean time and they told me that people in India prefer to have useful things like sweets etc more than flowers and said that the flowers with the kaju barfi might be something to lift their spirits so to speak. :( I hope that its not taken the wrong way. My message was simply that I was sending my thoughts and prayers from Canada for a quick recovery...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM