• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Anyone Here From Paris, France?

mycroft_1854

SPNer
May 27, 2006
Hi there!

I'm trying to meet Sikhs in Paris/France, to talk about Sikhi and maybe exchange lessons in French vs. Panjabi.

So anyone here from the Paris Area? Anyone know somebody from this zone?

Any help would be really appreciated :}{}{}:

So thanks in advance, and may you have a nice day!

WJKK WJKF

Thomas

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
sat sri akal welcome to spn.there are no sikhs on this site from france.your country is not allowing sikhs to wear turban.i want to request you to please ask your goverment not to harrass sikhs.

mycroft_1854

SPNer
May 27, 2006
Sat Sri Akal kds1980 ji,

Thank you for your answer.

The Daastar Ban is most regrettable, and I'm firmly against it. If you hear of some manifestation here in France, please, advise.

WJKK WJKF

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Found this on web: Hope it helps:

Gurudwara Name: Gurudwara Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib, Bondy,France
Gurudwara Address: 64-66 route d'aulnay BONDY
Gurudwara Details: Gurudwara Sahib at bondy near bobigny
Gurudwara Phone:
Gurudwara Fax:
Gurudwara Email: dasmesh_jatha@yahoo.com

Also

Gurudwara Name: Gurdwara Singh Sabha Association Gurudwara Address: Lot 1919 No. 85/386 1618 Rue De La Ferme 93000 Bobigny France
Gurudwara Details: No Details available
Gurudwara Phone: 48-31-13-22 48-95-08-41
Gurudwara Fax:

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Dear KDS Ji,

French Govt was driven to the wall by offesive way pseudo Islamic guys acted over there.

So they were justified to ban those offensis but we got burns of acts of others.But in any way it is not the fault of oridnary french citizen.

Then further to this some of our own guys were also resposible.

French govt. Agreed that Sikhs can wear Turban as some professors put theory that Turban is cultural symbol.That is all the more coorect thing.And Hairs or kes are must,weather with or without Turban(Cap issue that Sikhs should not wear it or will go to hell is in some other context,while in Past Gurus themselves wore Seli Topi or woven caps and later on Sikhs like Chart Singh(Grand Father of Ranjit Singh and Sukha Singh Meeran Koti also wore helmets ,they looted from Afghan,while figthing them).

So as cultural symbol Turban would have been accepted.

BUT,there is a Jatha,which das is aware yourself do not like .As per them Turban or keski is a Kakar so it is religeous symbol.Just to prove thier ideolgy,they oppse the concept of Turban being cultural symbol,so French were complled to ban it.

Anyway das does respect thier views of beholding Keski as religeous symbol and thier truthfulllness even when state was at odds with them.Such truthfulness is realy to be respected.So inspite of idological differnace das respect thier truthfullness.No offence to anyone.

mycroft_1854

SPNer
May 27, 2006
Dear Dalsingh Ji,

Thank you for the info! I knew Bobigny's Gurdwara (Rue de la Ferme) where I attended a wed. night Keertan, but I had never heard of a Gurdwara in Bondy. Thanks again, I really appreciate.

Dear Vijaydeep Singh Ji,

Thank you for all these precisions. I didn't know the whole story. All I can say is that I happen to meet Sikhs wearing the turban almost everyday in Paris ...

Thanks again to you both for your help.

WJKK WJKF

Hukum Kaur

SPNer
Jul 6, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Sat Nam, I will be in France for 4 days next september and will wair a dastar, it would be good to find some support and kirtan. Thank you for the Gurdwara information I will see how far from Paris it is.

ameet

SPNer
Jun 16, 2008
I will also be visiting Paris. What is the best method of traveling or getting to the Boginy gurdhwara from Paris (near Eiffel Tower)? Any idea how much a cab fare would cost? As well, is this gurdhwara open throughout the week day?

Je suis desolee, mais je ne parle pas beacoup de Francais. Je travaille au Paris et Provence Cote en Juin et Juillet.

A response would be appreciated.

Gurfateh

mycroft_1854

SPNer
May 27, 2006
Sat Sri Akaal Ameet Ji,

The cheapest method to go to Bobigny's Gurdwara would be to take the metro, line 5 up to the last stop: Bobigny - Pablo Picasso. You will be one mile away. See map:

1618 Rue De La Ferme 93000 Bobigny France - Google Maps

You could also call a cab company and make an appointment for them to pick you up at the subway station when you're there.

Unfortunately, it's not really convenient when you don't have a car :(

Hope this helps,

Best,

Thomas

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: