• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Anyone Have Any Unanswered Questions On Sikhi Or God?

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
God is Complete because he 'is' ... he was in the beginning (when time began), is now, and forever will be...
But before creation...he was alone....he still is...but through creation, He is experiencing himself, his creative power and everything else from another viewpoint (we are the viewpoints)

If i am a computer programmer...creating the game is one thing....but imagine if i could really become the character(s) in the game...get so lost in the character(s) that i believe the 'game' is all that there is...i forget who i am...the programmer...

What if before i went into the Game, and became part of it..that i needed some way of pulling me out if i get in tooooo deeeeep! lol... hence i programmed in various characters to come and talk of 'the programmer' .... 'jesus' 'buddha' etc etc...The Guru...the Guru being the way to help me detach from the Game and woooosh, i realise i am the programmer... lol

Waheguru's Game (Creation) however is vast, unlimited...endless...dimensions, realms...
and i feel Waheguru has done this to learn more about Himself than he was able to whilst in deep contemplation on Himself...Endless other viewpoints (me and you) wondering through creation...but ultimately...returning back home....through Simran (remembrance)

If you're alone, whats the point of having this power to create if you are still alone? no one to share it with...
But what if you can create other viewpoints (through Ego)...lol...other viewpoints to marvel at the creation and think "Wah' "wah" each viewpoint having unique experiences of the creation...endless infinite experiences...

God is still complete...but Wow, Endless experiences of Himself, through himself...via me, you and my cat!...(the characters in the Game)...endless creations, endless everything...no boundary to what can be created and perceived...each individual character pushing forward that creative power...and that's why it's so important we clean our minds...because the direction is being created by Us...

I'm just letting out how i'm currently thinking and feeling..nothing else :)

Being the Character is not enough now...i would really like to uncover the truth....i hope i do...before the character ends...

I agree with all of this. But to take it further, He created us out of Love, His prime reason was to share his discovery with another.

We were created to realise what He did and in the process, He discovers Truth again and again through us. There is no real merit in going around in circles staying attached to the endless Maya illusion.

The aim is to find Balance. To always be able to speak from a balanced mind, instead of wasting time playing the game of life over and over.

Before the character ends, Realise Who You Are. Theres no time like the present.

Harry

SPNer
Jan 21, 2017
so we have plenty personal opinions that state god is growing, learning, sharing, that god has needs, desires, therefore, the need to share, to grow, is there anyone that can shine a light on the actual Sikh line on the matter?

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Like I said, we have been through this many times before. Please refer to previous threads. There is no merit in wasting time doing and going over the same thing over and over.

Last edited:

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Personally I find that our attempts to define and capture futile.. What I struggle with Is to search without the expectation of finding,to embrace the idea that we may only sense or experience the elusive beauty of freedom, love, truth etc fleetingly ...

Harry

SPNer
Jan 21, 2017
At the beginning of the SGGS is a description of God, as perceived in Sikhism, if such attempts are futile, I wonder what the point was in giving these descriptions such prominence?

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
At the beginning of the SGGS is a description of God, as perceived in Sikhism, if such attempts are futile, I wonder what the point was in giving these descriptions such prominence?

God is One, Truth is His name. That should be enough. The entire Gurbani is an extension of mool mantar.

We are waves in the Ocean of Truth, hence we are also One.

Harry

SPNer
Jan 21, 2017
God is One, Truth is His name. That should be enough. The entire Gurbani is an extension of mool mantar.

We are waves in the Ocean of Truth, hence we are also One.

therefore if we were to try and find the real us, surely mool mantra would provide a template for that? what other ways are there to find out 'the real' us, stripped of all maya and illusion?

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
what other ways are there to find out 'the real' us, stripped of all maya and illusion?

I feel we can never permanently find the 'real us' stripped of maya and illusion, and just be able to remain in that state...it seems there are brief moments in life where we may feel that 'real us,' but sooner than later ego, attachment, maya, illusion all come flooding back. And again, we are entangled and lost, blinded, and so so far away from that 'real us.'

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
therefore if we were to try and find the real us, surely mool mantra would provide a template for that? what other ways are there to find out 'the real' us, stripped of all maya and illusion?

Yep. You are Truth, u always were. You just gotta realise and accept it.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
I feel we can never permanently find the 'real us' stripped of maya and illusion, and just be able to remain in that state...it seems there are brief moments in life where we may feel that 'real us,' but sooner than later ego, attachment, maya, illusion all come flooding back. And again, we are entangled and lost, blinded, and so so far away from that 'real us.'

We are Nothing. No image, no form, no nothing. That's the most humble Truth- devoid of ego, attachment and fear.

When you're Nothing, and there is Nothing, what and who Is there to fear, to feel jealous of, attached to, angry at, lustful for and proud and egotistical of. This is a khel created for to realise our origin and True state.

We have nothing, we are nothing, were just lowest of the low.

Every thing u see is just Karam. It's God, Truth in false illusory forms.

See beyond the Illusion, why live to complication, the Truth is Simple.

Harry

SPNer
Jan 21, 2017
Although I agree with your philosophies, I find it hard to understand some of the things you write, so if I ask you for clarification, I am not trying to rile you , I simply want clarification as best you are able to, it would help understanding of your posts hugely,

You just gotta realise and accept it.

how?

See beyond the Illusion, why live to complication, the Truth is Simple.

where would this state end up? in the sense, could one enjoy a family life, a normal life, or would one aim above that and see normal life as irrelevant?

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Although I agree with your philosophies, I find it hard to understand some of the things you write, so if I ask you for clarification, I am not trying to rile you , I simply want clarification as best you are able to, it would help understanding of your posts hugely,

how?

where would this state end up? in the sense, could one enjoy a family life, a normal life, or would one aim above that and see normal life as irrelevant?

Accept that youre Nothing.

Accept that everything in creation is Equal, and put your head on the ground and never pick it up.

Harry

SPNer
Jan 21, 2017
Accept that youre Nothing.

Do you mean have no needs, desires, wants and be nothing?

accept that everything in creation is Equal, and put your head on the ground and never pick it up.

if everything were equal, we could marry anyone, and do any job and live anywhere, again, is this what you mean, if not, can you clarify,

I apologise for being a pedant, I know on a lot of other forums such answers would be met with delighted nods and agreement, but this is a philosophy forum, your statements needs to be understood, thank you

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Do you mean have no needs, desires, wants and be nothing?

if everything were equal, we could marry anyone, and do any job and live anywhere, again, is this what you mean, if not, can you clarify,

I apologise for being a pedant, I know on a lot of other forums such answers would be met with delighted nods and agreement, but this is a philosophy forum, your statements needs to be understood, thank you

If your one desire is to seek waheguru then all other desires will just get in the way - right?
so why not love the people around you, but fight your minds useless desires...work hard at work..try to enjoy it..but have in mind that one desire of yours...waheguru..

Be nothing to me means, get rid of your Ego...but this is a very tough thing to do...with the mind that is full of Ego...

That is why it is the most important thing to go within...dip into the life current...Naam, as it has the power to dissolve the Ego...but the world will try to hold you back from the truth lol ... its designed to do that :)
it wants you to dream and desire everything the world has to offer...and more...

but if you want to pull out of the world...if only for a moment...you need the help of the Current..to become nothing..the Ego is just your character...harry, chaz...

make that character into Nothing...and become everything...that's what appears to be the hard part...but i feel is supposed to be the easiest...if we look in the right direction..and have trust in it,,

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
I'm confused? The descriptions are all encompassing articulate and eloquently embrace infinite characteristics?

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
I think finding the true us within sikh theology is a oxy{censored}

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
Be nothing to me means, get rid of your Ego...but this is a very tough thing to do...with the mind that is full of Ego...

Ego appears to be the main barrier. What are some practical steps to increase awareness of the ego, and limit its impact on our lives?

I think finding the true us within sikh theology is a oxy{censored}

Can you please elaborate?

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Ego appears to be the main barrier. What are some practical steps to increase awareness of the ego, and limit its impact on our lives?

Can you please elaborate?
It suggests that we can define and capture or Infact presume there is a true us.. Doesn't sikhi move away from absolutes?

Harry

SPNer
Jan 21, 2017
If your one desire is to seek waheguru then all other desires will just get in the way - right?

Well if one were truly nothing, surely one would not even seek Waheguru, if one were truly nothing, one would just live, and Waheguru would be given by grace, not expectation.

so why not love the people around you, but fight your minds useless desires...work hard at work..try to enjoy it..but have in mind that one desire of yours...waheguru..

sounds a bit like giving up on desiring one thing, and replacing it with the desire for another thing, should one desire Waheguru? Can such be addictive?

but if you want to pull out of the world...if only for a moment...you need the help of the Current..to become nothing..the Ego is just your character...harry, chaz...

make that character into Nothing...and become everything...that's what appears to be the hard part...but i feel is supposed to be the easiest...if we look in the right direction..and have trust in it,,

thank you for your kind explanation, makes sense.,

I'm confused? The descriptions are all encompassing articulate and eloquently embrace infinite characteristics?

sorry, which bit confused?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: